The Dolphins discussion

I think the Dolph's has a ring to it. This guy could be their mascot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220723-101430_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20220723-101430_Google.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 43
Bennett was having a bit of a whinge on Triple M about players "backflipping" on the Dolphins.

“There were certainly two guys that had committed, done the deal, everything was done and then they had a change of heart,” he said.

“I don’t know [if it was the manager]. Everyone is a part of it. It’s like a lot of things in life, we blame everyone else — the referees, the manager — that’s the problem we’ve got with a lot of players at the moment, they’re not growing up.

“Everybody is protecting them, we want to blame the manager because someone said he was going to come, committed to come and then changed his mind. Then it’s the manager’s fault, I don’t get that. [Players should say] it’s my decision, I’ve got to own it and if I’m not strong enough to stand up to my manager, I pay a huge price for that.”

While missing out on those potential recruits did initially “disappoint” Bennett, he did admit to having “dodged a bullet” by not landing uncommitted players.

“There’s more to life than being football players,” he said.

“I spent a lifetime trying to convince players that I’d coach that. You want them to be men and say: ‘Listen mate, I’m not coming or whatever’... for them to own it. I realise that [it is a blessing in disguise].

“You realise you just dodged a bullet but at the time you’re emotionally involved, want the player and think he is all the things you think he is and then find out that’s not what you’re dealing with.”

Bennett on Munster

“He’s in one of the group of players we’re looking at,” Bennett said on Sunday of Munster.

“We’ve made it known where we stand and our position with that. We’ve got to play the waiting game, see what happens and in 2024 hopefully he’ll come to the Dolphins.”

Bennett on what the Dolphins will look like in 2023

“I can’t really talk with any clarity about next year because I don’t know what the football team will look like yet,” he said.

“The only thing I will guarantee is that we’ll do our best and that’s just everything to me. I’ve driven that my entire coaching life. We’ll go in and be the club everyone wants us to be. It might take a little bit longer than we want but that’s OK.

“You’ve got to be patient. Nothing is built overnight.”

Bennett was having a bit of a whinge on Triple M about players "backflipping" on the Dolphins.

“There were certainly two guys that had committed, done the deal, everything was done and then they had a change of heart,” he said.

“I don’t know [if it was the manager]. Everyone is a part of it. It’s like a lot of things in life, we blame everyone else — the referees, the manager — that’s the problem we’ve got with a lot of players at the moment, they’re not growing up.

“Everybody is protecting them, we want to blame the manager because someone said he was going to come, committed to come and then changed his mind. Then it’s the manager’s fault, I don’t get that. [Players should say] it’s my decision, I’ve got to own it and if I’m not strong enough to stand up to my manager, I pay a huge price for that.”

While missing out on those potential recruits did initially “disappoint” Bennett, he did admit to having “dodged a bullet” by not landing uncommitted players.

“There’s more to life than being football players,” he said.

“I spent a lifetime trying to convince players that I’d coach that. You want them to be men and say: ‘Listen mate, I’m not coming or whatever’... for them to own it. I realise that [it is a blessing in disguise].

“You realise you just dodged a bullet but at the time you’re emotionally involved, want the player and think he is all the things you think he is and then find out that’s not what you’re dealing with.”

Bennett on Munster

“He’s in one of the group of players we’re looking at,” Bennett said on Sunday of Munster.

“We’ve made it known where we stand and our position with that. We’ve got to play the waiting game, see what happens and in 2024 hopefully he’ll come to the Dolphins.”

Bennett on what the Dolphins will look like in 2023

“I can’t really talk with any clarity about next year because I don’t know what the football team will look like yet,” he said.

“The only thing I will guarantee is that we’ll do our best and that’s just everything to me. I’ve driven that my entire coaching life. We’ll go in and be the club everyone wants us to be. It might take a little bit longer than we want but that’s OK.

“You’ve got to be patient. Nothing is built overnight.”
Wayne sounds a little worried tbh

he actually sounds like a lover scorned.

Like, I was totally like in love with him but like lol, when I saw him in those like hot pants for another team, I was like, hey babe you're like so super hot but like, you dig that other chick, so yeah I'm like not disappointed at all because like, I'm confident being me, you know?

And then moments later:
tobias-sobbing.gif

Like, I was totally like in love with him but like lol, when I saw him in those like hot pants for another team, I was like, hey babe you're like so super hot but like, you dig that other chick, so yeah I'm like not disappointed at all because like, I'm confident being me, you know?

And then moments later:
tobias-sobbing.gif

I swear I teared up reading this bit:

I swear I teared up reading this bit:

Yep, it got me thinking about my first love, she was wonderful, I'm not crying you are!

I want to know how does one backflip if a contract isn't signed?

I'd hope as a club we would think the same way. You dont want players who arent committed. Its took us a while to get back to being a good team again and part of that is having committed footballers.

I wonder who the two players were who they thought they had? Smith and Matterson would be my guess.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.