The Dolphins discussion

So the two would be who? Maybe Ponga was one?

Milf back to fullback last night was a good chance to see if he has changed at all and nope, no desire to run, no desire to compete and no desire to the 1 percenters. He has no speed and no evasiveness. It’s really sad to see. He could have been an all time great.
To be fair, he was amazing at 14 in his Canberra days. Don't think he has played much at dummy half since though.
So the two would be who? Maybe Ponga was one?
Possibly Walsh? If the rumours about there being bad blood between the Warriors and Redcliffe is true, it works in theory.

Wayne doesn't do himself any favours with any of his whinging, throughout his career you can basically find a situation where he the did the exact thing he is criticising others of doing.

Pretty sure he was all but off to the Roosters as their head coach way back when, until the word got out.

James Graham sits down and chats with Wayne for an hour. I’ve only listens to the fist 15 minutes or so but he goes into pretty good detail around the Dolphins.

Say what you want about Wayne but there’s no doubting the massive amount of respect players have for him.

James Graham sits down and chats with Wayne for an hour. I’ve only listens to the fist 15 minutes or so but he goes into pretty good detail around the Dolphins.

Say what you want about Wayne but there’s no doubting the massive amount of respect players have for him.

Its definitely worth listening to the whole episode. Will rarely ever hear Wayne in this context.

the The are reportedly chasing Drinkwater (along with 3 other clubs). they've tabled a 3 year offer. they want him for next year but the Cowboys won't release him early.

edit: no report on the value of their offer, but the CM does say that "other NRL suitors have discussed offers in excess of $700,000 for the classy custodian"

the The are reportedly chasing Drinkwater (along with 3 other clubs). they've tabled a 3 year offer. they want him for next year but the Cowboys won't release him early.

edit: no report on the value of their offer, but the CM does say that "other NRL suitors have discussed offers in excess of $700,000 for the classy custodian"
They are dreaming.

If the The are smart they'll make a play for Jayden Campbell from the Titans. I think he'll be the odd one out with Foran coming next year

I have a lot of time for James. I wish he was given more airtime in our game as his views an our game are very honest and wholesome. He’s worth a dozen Brandy Alexanders and two dozen Fittlers.

Abdo: "I think they're going to be a top 4 club from a commercial perspective"

That means it's financially desirable for them to succeed. As I said, they are there to further milk the Brisbane market.

Abdo: "I think they're going to be competitive...and I think they're going to surprise a few clubs next season"

Sounds like the fix is in to me. Dolphins to get a huge leg-up on the Broncos on entry.

Horse Mounting GIF by FEI Global

Abdo: "I think they're going to be a top 4 club from a commercial perspective"

That means it's financially desirable for them to succeed. As I said, they are there to further milk the Brisbane market.

Abdo: "I think they're going to be competitive...and I think they're going to surprise a few clubs next season"

Sounds like the fix is in to me. Dolphins to get a huge leg-up on the Broncos on entry.

Horse Mounting GIF by FEI Global

Dolphins dont really need a leg up financially, they are already well run and financially strong even as a Queensland Cup side. I think there was an article somewhere the other day saying already they are only second to us in terms of their sponsorship and corporate deals and they havent even played a game of NRL yet. I dont think the NRL will have to worry about their financial stability or infrastructure.

Dolphins dont really need a leg up financially, they are already well run and financially strong even as a Queensland Cup side. I think there was an article somewhere the other day saying already they are only second to us in terms of their sponsorship and corporate deals and they havent even played a game of NRL yet. I dont think the NRL will have to worry about their financial stability or infrastructure.
Not a leg up financially, but rather in terms of winning matches. Basically what Abdo said was in regards to the squad they have and that they don't yet have a big name signing.

Not a leg up financially, but rather in terms of winning matches. Basically what Abdo said was in regards to the squad they have and that they don't yet have a big name signing.

It wouldnt surprise me if they get a few things go their way.

Surely The has to be worried. Their likely halfback for next year just showed he couldn’t score a point despite having 50 tackles in the opponents red zone. He didn’t even look like coming up with something. Couple that with notorious big stage flop in Milford and you guessed it at fullback, this side is looking rudder less.

Surely The has to be worried. Their likely halfback for next year just showed he couldn’t score a point despite having 50 tackles in the opponents red zone. He didn’t even look like coming up with something. Couple that with notorious big stage flop in Milford and you guessed it at fullback, this side is looking rudder less.
I think it's obvious that Milford will be doing all the kicking, SoS is utterly hopeless at it and like when he was with us hasn't improved his kicking power which is pathetic for first grade.

That team is going to struggle, the forward back atleast on first look does look decent but the spine and the outside backs look terrible.

Without a decent 7 and 1 they would need a Bennett miracle to be anywhere near the finals.

The only thing they have going would be experience, there is alot in that forward pack.

I don’t think they’ll be worried. They’ll hope to grind out a 12-9th spot finish based off of their forward pack, heavily front load all their players to allow a hugely inflated cap over the next few seasons and all of a sudden come 2024 they could afford Hunt (1m), Munster(1m), and Fifita(700). Maybe even Herbie (500)

Come 2024 their spine could look like

1. Munster
6. Milford
7. Hunt

Or even

1. Drinkwater
6. Munster
7. Hunt

instantly making them a team players will go to for unders.

They should start to worry if they continue to miss the big names available after November

I don’t think they’ll be worried. They’ll hope to grind out a 12-9th spot finish based off of their forward pack, heavily front load all their players to allow a hugely inflated cap over the next few seasons and all of a sudden come 2024 they could afford Hunt (1m), Munster(1m), and Fifita(700). Maybe even Herbie (500)

Come 2024 their spine could look like

1. Munster
6. Milford
7. Hunt

Or even

1. Drinkwater
6. Munster
7. Hunt

instantly making them a team players will go to for unders.

They should start to worry if they continue to miss the big names available after November
I think you are spot on. Even before they started recruiting for 2023 I said it would be 2024 when they really hit their straps with big name players.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Tim K
  • Bish
  • Fatboy
  • Santa
  • broncsgoat
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • Pablo
  • broncos4life
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • Tmac
  • Waynesaurus
  • mieko
  • lynx000
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.