The Dolphins discussion

I don’t think they’ll be worried. They’ll hope to grind out a 12-9th spot finish based off of their forward pack, heavily front load all their players to allow a hugely inflated cap over the next few seasons and all of a sudden come 2024 they could afford Hunt (1m), Munster(1m), and Fifita(700). Maybe even Herbie (500)

Come 2024 their spine could look like

1. Munster
6. Milford
7. Hunt

Or even

1. Drinkwater
6. Munster
7. Hunt

instantly making them a team players will go to for unders.

They should start to worry if they continue to miss the big names available after November

Their spine could be either of those that’s true, it could also be the rubbish they will run out next year too if they continue to miss the big names and nothing so far inspires confidence they will land anyone. Plus, this vaunted forward pack will be a year older as will Bennett. It’s a massive gamble and it is just as likely to go belly up. The NRL have thrown them under the bus.

Their spine could be either of those that’s true, it could also be the rubbish they will run out next year too if they continue to miss the big names and nothing so far inspires confidence they will land anyone. Plus, this vaunted forward pack will be a year older as will Bennett. It’s a massive gamble and it is just as likely to go belly up. The NRL have thrown them under the bus.
No arguments that the NRL have implemented the new team with very poor planning. I agree it’s a gamble too but Munster seems really keen to go their and the Hunt rumours are building - I know I know, we’ve heard this before and they’ve missed out. All it takes it landing 1 big fish and the rest will follow. The odds are far better come November as there is a lot more big names available.

No arguments that the NRL have implemented the new team with very poor planning. I agree it’s a gamble too but Munster seems really keen to go their and the Hunt rumours are building - I know I know, we’ve heard this before and they’ve missed out. All it takes it landing 1 big fish and the rest will follow. The odds are far better come November as there is a lot more big names available.

The other thing as well though is that even if they land Hunt, by 2024 (assuming the Dragons will not release him which is a fair assumption), he will really be getting on then as well. They are going to have a real dad's army feel. I just fear that they might look competitive for a season or two and then once the old blokes inevitably fall off a cliff, they become the new Titans.

The other thing as well though is that even if they land Hunt, by 2024 (assuming the Dragons will not release him which is a fair assumption), he will really be getting on then as well. They are going to have a real dad's army feel. I just fear that they might look competitive for a season or two and then once the old blokes inevitably fall off a cliff, they become the new Titans.
Yeah for sure. The job then is to have the succession plans in place early. Munster will give them 4 good years at least.

Yeah for sure. The job then is to have the succession plans in place early. Munster will give them 4 good years at least.

I hope so for the sake of the NRL but even with Munster, I just get the feeling he is going to fall off a cliff earlier than some other players. I wouldn't be surprised if he fades badly once he hits 30. That said, he does have an amazing competitive drive which should help him. I also wouldn't put it past Melbourne to provide him significant 'incentives' to stay that The just won't be able to compete with.

I hope so for the sake of the NRL but even with Munster, I just get the feeling he is going to fall off a cliff earlier than some other players. I wouldn't be surprised if he fades badly once he hits 30. That said, he does have an amazing competitive drive which should help him. I also wouldn't put it past Melbourne to provide him significant 'incentives' to stay that The just won't be able to compete with.
All valid points. It’s going to be a spectacle one way or another.

Harrison Graham has reportedly done his ACL. Sucks for him and The.

Dolphins Performance Staff

Jeremy Hickmans – Head of Performance

Blake Duncan – Athletic Performance Coach

Elliot Jackson – Athletic Performance Coach

Sam Madden – Head Physiotherapist

Adam Schumacher – Physiotherapist

John Davey – Head of Sports Science and Performance Analysis

Simbikin three year deal- good reward for a good ISC season. Eight tries in his last four games- worth a crack.

Bennett's response to accusations The have been trying to coax players out of contracts:

“It’s ridiculous, what do clubs want us to do … take the field with no players?” he said.

“Let me get one thing straight because people don’t seem to know the rules – we can approach any player at any time for talks. There is no rule preventing us from doing that.

“There is no restriction on approaching players. There is only a restriction on signing a contracted player until the 1st of November.

“To be honest, people should be directing their frustrations to the NRL. The NRL are the ones who introduced a 17th team to the competition.

“They gave us the same framework as everyone else, we had to sign 30 players and we are working within the rules and the guidelines.

“Of course we are out there asking players if they are keen on playing for us. We had to sign 30 players in a year, our pre-season starts in November, what did the other clubs expect us to do?

“Does everyone want to find fault with the Dolphins and see us as the fall guys? I’ve got no idea.”

“To be honest, people should be directing their frustrations to the NRL. The NRL are the ones who introduced a 17th team to the competition.

what? So Wayne Bennett is actually against expansion?? Interesting.

Rumours persisting that Latrell Mitchell will find himself in Reddo ....2024.

Hedging your bets eh? You could mean Redfern.
Ryan Reynolds Smile GIF

I've wondered with the salary cap increase if they could squeeze in Munster and Fatrell.
Stories I'm hearing is they think they have one or the other......but not both.

Vibe is Munster won't be leaving Melbourne any time soon.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.