The Dolphins discussion

The longer this saga with Munster goes on, the more I think he's leaving Melbourne.

I get the feeling something happened there. I'm not sure what it is, but from my understanding Melbourne have offered a figure that he's happy with but he's still yet to sign.

Even Smith thinks he is leaving.

If they can land him, every bad thing I've said about Bennett not pulling a marquee player, I'll take back. It would be a massive signing and a signing they desperately need.

It's not just on-field, it's off-field as well. They can do what we did with ARey and base all of their marketing around him. He'll sell memberships, he'll put bum on seats, he'll attract better players. He'll give them a boost. That's what you need for a start-up.

I think the $2 million they will offer him (regardless of what they are saying) will have far more sway than Bennett.

Good signing by the Dolphins. Has far more upside than Isaako and will be a point of difference in support while keeping defensive lines honest as he'll be a target with each kick behind the line. It's a good career move for him as well, since he was at that stage where he ought to be getting regular time at fullback.
Agreed. It’s not a pretty team but the forward pack is solid, the outside backs are good enough for a Bennett team. Hammer will be a decent enough fullback and Bennett has never really relied on superstar dummy halves. He’s 1 decent halfback off being a top 8 team - he may even achieve the 8 with this team.

he may even achieve the 8 with this team.

Depends.

if the win requirements are similar to this years (i.e. 14 wins required to make the 8) i don't think they'll make it.

but if it's closer to last years requirement (i.e. 10 wins and a losing record required to make the 8) then i think they're a chance of getting there

Agreed. It’s not a pretty team but the forward pack is solid, the outside backs are good enough for a Bennett team. Hammer will be a decent enough fullback and Bennett has never really relied on superstar dummy halves. He’s 1 decent halfback off being a top 8 team - he may even achieve the 8 with this team.
He has Anthony Milford.

I'm tipping the Milf will surprise and make a few punters eat their words in 2023.

He has Anthony Milford.

I'm tipping the Milf will surprise and make a few punters eat their words in 2023.

you've been tipping that for years, but

For my brother to move out we are still waiting

Exciting FB signing. Maybe this signing will allow Isaako to go to a wing and Wayne may get the most out of him there, he's a fine athlete so perhaps a clear role + boundaries and good coaching.. that is the optimistic take.

Milford... really don't have any expectations for him to deliver much, so might be surprised.

Unfortunately it just won't matter who they sign if they have to play in that horrible strip.... :) Makes the crushers jersey look like a winner!

Depends.

if the win requirements are similar to this years (i.e. 14 wins required to make the 8) i don't think they'll make it.

but if it's closer to last years requirement (i.e. 10 wins and a losing record required to make the 8) then i think they're a chance of getting there
Interested to follow. I have no idea whether they will spoon or make the 8... Presumably they are going to struggle big time for depth in early seasons but then as they hopefully bring through players who have been in their system for years they may be a power club.

You can add us to the list of clubs who the The tried to coax a couple of players out of their contracts.

we reportedly considered making an official complaint to the NRL, believing the The were talking to Deine Mariner and Karl Oloapu illegally

The The CEO, Terry Reader, denies these accusations before seeming to making excuses for why this is necessary. Reader says:

“I’m very confident (we aren’t breaching rules). We haven’t gone about breaking any rules or doing anything we’re not meant to,” he said.

“If someone is contracted then they are contracted. If they become available it’s a different story. What we have seen is clubs release players.

“Managers speak to clubs every day and we’re no different. Every club wants to sign quality players and so do we. If they are available and interested we want to talk to them.

“We’ve dealt with unusual circumstances. Not many clubs have to sign 34 players in one year, plus train-and-trial players, and put academies together.

“We have said from the start we will be patient and wait for the right player.”

Simon Scanlon says:

“The club has a contract registered for Karl and we won’t be releasing him,” he said.

“They have asked for a release and it has been denied.

“Karl has come through our Academy program and is a highly-talented player. He has a great work ethic and is a very physical player.

“He will finish school this year and go into our full-time squad in the upcoming pre-season.”

I must say, I'm well over the bit where people call the Dolphins the 'The'.

It was (somewhat arguably) clever for about fifteen minutes. It's gotten a bit old now. I mean, it's not even grammatically correct. If the joke is that 'The' is their location, calling them 'the The' is the equivalent of saying 'the Newcastle' or 'the Melbourne'.

It was (somewhat arguably) clever for about fifteen minutes. It's gotten a bit old now. I mean, it's not even grammatically correct. If the joke is that 'The' is their location, calling them 'the The' is the equivalent of saying 'the Newcastle' or 'the Melbourne'.
It’s also making the threads much harder to read. There’s a fair bit of vitriol for the fact they’ve been let into the comp from some bronco supporters.

Just bring in a trade period, it is ridiculous we don't have one. I mean, it isn't surprising for an amateur-lead competition but for one that is supposed to be professional, it is dumb.

Agreed. No issue when people are having a sneaky dig about something (like the jersey) but for every bit of news...it's a no from me.

It’s also making the threads much harder to read. There’s a fair bit of vitriol for the fact they’ve been let into the comp from some bronco supporters.

It's from Reddit, not us. They also refer to Vodafone as a nice place for a holiday.

Also, absolutely everyone I know who says it from time to time is not digging the club, they're digging the NRL for not allowing a very proud old club to use it's real name and location.

Just bring in a trade period, it is ridiculous we don't have one. I mean, it isn't surprising for an amateur-lead competition but for one that is supposed to be professional, it is dumb.

You remember this is the NRL, right?

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • teampjta
  • Xzei
  • Browny
  • Jedhead
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.