The Dolphins discussion

Two wrongs? Munster hasn't wronged him, Wayne clearly knows he isn't going there, and as said, Munster has employed a person to do those things he doesn't wish to do.

I'm not over Wayne twice destabalising our club and using the media to do so, because he was cranky at the bosses. Props to him for the work he does and has done, but that's why I don't like the dude, and it's absolutely not unreasonable for Broncos fans to feel the same, or worse.

In your opinion he hasnt wronged him, i reckon he has. I just think when two blokes have obviously had a fairly decent relationship is just the right thing to do. Doesnt take much to make a phone call.

Dont really agree he destabilsed us as a club either. Again though, its a matter of opinion. In both situations you could argue the Broncos, with both Cullen and White not showing themselves in a good light having a big hand in Wayne leaving, did way more damage that Wayne ever did.. Look at the state both of those blokes put the club in after Wayne left. Pretty damning. Not to say Wayne didnt make mistakes, but i cant see he did a great deal wrong, especially how he was treated by White. And then look at Cullen and the whole Andrew Gee drama. That bloke seems very dodgy.

The only thing i was never a huge fan of what Bennett did was that whole Roosters episode.

Doesnt make it any better really. Two wrongs dont make a right.

Despite him doing some odd things, Wayne has done a hell of a lot of good for his players and former players and people just dont get to see it. Dont really get the hate for old Wayne.
Wayne is probably my favourite sporting figure of all time. Him and Lockyer were God’s to me as a kid and he was a weird proxy father figure to me even into my 20’s. Ironically Wayne’s comments and books, and the way he used to carry himself really helped shaped me as a man (the actual man I am, not the carry on I do here to kill time).

That being said, he has done plenty, especially over the last few years, that makes it a bit rich for him to be so publicly judgemental of a fairly forgivable act by Munster.

Wayne kept talking about “being a man” but Wayne may want to take it a bit easy on being the self appointed judge of what it means to be a man. Glass houses and all that.

Wayne is probably my favourite sporting figure of all time. Him and Lockyer were God’s to me as a kid and he was a weird proxy father figure to me even into my 20’s. Ironically Wayne’s comments and books, and the way he used to carry himself really helped shaped me as a man (the actual man I am, not the carry on I do here to kill time).

That being said, he has done plenty, especially over the last few years, that makes it a bit rich for him to be so publicly judgemental of a fairly forgivable act by Munster.

Wayne kept talking about “being a man” but Wayne may want to take it a bit easy on being the self appointed judge of what it means to be a man. Glass houses and all that.
My thoughts exactly. Even if it’s true, it’s a bit rich. I wonder how many kids Wayne phoned personally to let them know they didn’t make the cut over the years.

I always suspected you were Darius.
Sorry, just had to slip that in there…like Darius going for a try saving tackle.

In your opinion he hasnt wronged him, i reckon he has. I just think when two blokes have obviously had a fairly decent relationship is just the right thing to do. Doesnt take much to make a phone call.
Generally I'd agree here with you....its difficult though, when other parties (managers) are involved. For all we know Munsters managers told him not to talk to WB under any circumstances.

Still........its not good form, but TBH.......I'm not sure if anyone knows what good form actually is any more.

My thoughts exactly. Even if it’s true, it’s a bit rich. I wonder how many kids Wayne phoned personally to let them know they didn’t make the cut over the years.

Plenty. You will get players he has had a falling out with that he probably doesnt though tbf, and thats obviously not all the way down to the ones he doesnt work with as well, but generally its something he does with people he has had a direct relationship with. Love him or hate him, he's good with that sort of thing when it comes to the players.

MIssing out on signing a player and then going on a rant about how he isn't a man is pathetic, pretty sure Wayne is seething right now. Munster is a 28yo man and as such he can make his own decisions, including hiring a manager and have him perform manager duties. He doesn't owe Wayne a thing.

Wayne being salty?

Apart from the trauma I feel when I see the names Milford and Isaako I think Redcliffe have recruited well, we can see the huge discount player will take to stay with a top 8 club so it’s no easy task recruiting for a startup when you are chasing talent near its peak.

I think the key thing is that Redcliffe have that juniors to NRL pathway now which will stand them in good stead in the long run, also they are financially stable.

So my kids' primary school here in a regional Qld town had a Dolphins player come around and do a short training session with them yesterday. I picked them up yesterday afternoon and my Prep boy was all excited - "Dad I played footy today!!" - had a 'Phins sticker on his pants, and has now decided he loves the Dolphins. They're doing it right.

So my kids' primary school here in a regional Qld town had a Dolphins player come around and do a short training session with them yesterday. I picked them up yesterday afternoon and my Prep boy was all excited - "Dad I played footy today!!" - had a 'Phins sticker on his pants, and has now decided he loves the Dolphins. They're doing it right.
Throw a footy to your kid and if he finds a creative way to look stupid then we can probably assume that player was Isaako

Thats the one big advantage i think the Dolphins have with their system. You can take a 6 year old kid and he can progress through their own system to the NRL at the same club.

Thats the one big advantage i think the Dolphins have with their system. You can take a 6 year old kid and he can progress through their own system to the NRL at the same club.
And equally so, I think this is a huge flaw with the Broncos. Sure, they throw a shirt and duffel bag a a bunch of kids each year, but it's not the same as playing for and being part of the club. Look at Penrith dominating NSW footy in all the lower levels as well...the club culture filters through all of that, the calls are the same, etc etc. I think the Dolphins will do this really well and they'll certainly have an advantage over the Broncos that this club must set about rectifying. I don't know how to do it though, I really don't have an answer.

But I also think the current system shows in the attitude the club has seen over recent years. Once these kids 'make it' to the top level and are finally actually playing for the Broncos...the entitlement etc. Some players resting on their laurels, so to speak - hey, they've made it, they're a superstar now, the money is flowing, the hard work is done, right? Not all players, of course, but there's been more than a few and I think the pathways help feed into the shitty mentality. The club has to do better in this regard.

Another big advantage with their juniors is that there’s nobody good enough to block their pathway into the first grade team

Another big advantage with their juniors is that there’s nobody good enough to block their pathway into the first grade team

Yep, as it stands with them being new to the NRL they all have a great shot there. A lot of their better players are at the back end of their careers.

we actually don't know how much that leaves them. the NRL hasn't decided the salary cap for next year yet.

p.s. how fucking amateur is that. we're in the post season, teams are almost completely set roster-wise for next season and they still don't know how much they are permitted to pay their players. the salary cap should be set for at least 5 years in advance AT ALL TIMES. but then again this NRL administration doesn't know what the word professional means

That's wrong the Union keeps rejecting the NRL.

I found this comment quite funny. I mean, Wayne has done some pretty petty things in his time especially when it comes to his little war with White so for him to come out with this, it was funny.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.