The Federal Election

Who will you vote for in the 2019 Federal Election?

• Labor

• Greens

• Liberal

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Porthoz

International Captain
Fair call, but this is our nation. We need to look forward without looking at Trump and/or Brexit.

Are you happy with the result?
Neither happy nor unhappy. LNP is a huge benefit for me personally, but I would have liked Labor to come in for the sake of more investment in public education and health, and possibly a more responsible environment policy, especially geared towards renewables, as well as hopefully fixing the huge mess the LNP made of the NBN.

The fact the ALP allied itself to the Greens was already bad enough, but their openly aggressive tax hike plans probably did them in. If they learn to find a balance between economic and social responsibility, they will win in a landslide.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Gutted about this to be honest.

Thought that we as a country were ready to move forward, alas not.

Too many uneducated voters influenced by media and scare campaigns. Too many people voting for the good of themselves and not what's best for the whole population.

Hope all the old **** Lib voters enjoy their franking credits.

roo-ted

NRL Player
Elections can bring out the worst in people. Campaigners disgust me. They’re in the same category as those people in middle of shopping centres trying to force shit products on you.
To be fair, most of the general public are becoming more like that. I was happy to look down my nose at America when seeing how they carry on about politics. You can’t even wear a Trump hat in America without being called a racist or getting assaulted. Everyone jumps on the bandwagon these days without appreciating that it’s the freedom to have different beliefs and opinion that are some of the fundamental things that make a free country, not this attitude that it’s good to have different opinions and beliefs, as long as they line up with mine. Won’t be long before Australia is on the same level

Last edited:

bb_gun

NRL Player
Isn't that what everyone does? Vote for the person that they feel would address matters that are important to them.
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.

Unfortunately you're right SF, everyone's looking out for number one and often they're not wrong to do so.

Dash

NRL Player
Brisbane
The problem isn't so much people voting in their best interests, it's when they vote nearly entirely against their best interests in favour of a single issue e.g. poor Americans with no healthcare voting for a "billionaire" tax cheat purely for a fucking wall.

We're starting to head down that road in Australia.

roo-ted

NRL Player
The problem isn't so much people voting in their best interests, it's when they vote nearly entirely against their best interests in favour of a single issue e.g. poor Americans with no healthcare voting for a "billionaire" tax cheat purely for a fucking wall.

We're starting to head down that road in Australia.
The thing is that billionaires employ millions of people, so when you go after “the big end of town” you are going after everyday people as well. Slugging successful business with Taxes because they are successful is only going to drive business overseas and put a lot of families out of work

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
Gutted about this to be honest.

Thought that we as a country were ready to move forward, alas not.

Too many uneducated voters influenced by media and scare campaigns. Too many people voting for the good of themselves and not what's best for the whole population.

Hope all the old **** Lib voters enjoy their franking credits.
As much as I agree with the negative here, I simply can't agree for voting for others. You look after number one at all times for mine.

My vote went for whoever will give me my weed this time, because it's the only thing I cared about at this election. The rest were just waffle and bag the other guy.

broncsgoat

NRL Captain
As much as I agree with the negative here, I simply can't agree for voting for others. You look after number one at all times for mine.

My vote went for whoever will give me my weed this time, because it's the only thing I cared about at this election. The rest were just waffle and bag the other guy.
Yeah this.

They’re all cunts, every last one of them. But if you have to vote for someone you pick the party who serves your best interests.
- Merged

How so? Genuinely curious.
I’m a finance broker, labor blindly said they were going to back the findings of the banking royal commission 100%. The royal commission into banking started due to misconduct in the banking sector, but by the end of it brokers were the ones getting reamed. The model the royal commission suggested was going to completely **** the brokering industry and give all the power back to the banks...... the entities that were meant to be getting investigated for misconduct in the first place.

Last edited:

Tom

State of Origin Rep

There is a party that wants to legalize weed? That would almost be worth voting for.

Allo

NRL Captain
There is a party that wants to legalize weed? That would almost be worth voting for.
There was literally one on the Senate paper that was called that. I’m sure they have other, ‘less important’ policies ...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.