The Federal Election

Who will you vote for in the 2019 Federal Election?

• Labor

• Greens

• Liberal

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
No billionaire has ever gotten more money and said "awesome, now I can pay my workers more". On the other hand, give the workers more and the FIRST thing they do is spend it on the billionaires' products. Everybody wins.
You get it, most don't. Without disposable income there's no spending, only paying bills. Imagine how the world would look if the Brits, Germans, Aussies, Yanks, French had pushed for unionization in the developing worlds instead of demonizing the workers and their reps. What comes with unions in the developing countries? Higher wages for the low and middle income earners.

Would it still be cheaper to go overseas if they had to genuinely compete with our properly paid workers? No fucking way and we'd still make steel here, build cars here, manufacture here all because our governments pushed for and supported unionization but they did the exact opposite which got us here. Fuckwits, all those governments pretending unions were the devil. No billionaires or big companies reward their workers other than the way a dog owner dangles a piece of meat to make the dog jump,whine and beg.

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
I'd rather a Government get a decent majority. Mainly because I'm fucking sick of the constant fighting and inaction because they can't get the other party to agree.
Majority makes little difference. The evidence is the most successful pm in history who had no majority whatsoever. More legislation passed than any other pm in history. Hint: she was destroyed by a disgraceful media smear campaign.

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
Majority makes little difference. The evidence is the most successful pm in history who had no majority whatsoever. More legislation passed than any other pm in history. Hint: she was destroyed by a disgraceful media smear campaign.
I don't think she was. I think she was destroyed by exactly the same thing that just hurt Shorten. Australia looked at her, and they didn't see a Prime Minister. The way she spoke with her insincere and fake tone of voice wasn't liked, she sounded whingy, she lied to us constantly saying she wouldn't knife Rudd, and then did it anyway.

I don't agree it was the smear, it was just Australia did not like their Prime Minister. The ALP were stupid to think that Rudd would have won, they read the electorate wrong, and should have gone to another election with Gillard.

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Yes I do take notice of my taxes paid and yes it’s bullshit, last year I paid 23,000 in taxes and only got 6,500 back. There needs to be a better tax system from top to bottom, I don’t think slugging the big business is the answer. The reason Holden went over seas is because everything is to highly taxed over here. But yess I appreciate what you are saying also
News Corp pay 0 tax

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
In the last two years I paid $145,000 in tax. Thereabouts anyway. At first it was (only!) 130 but they found an oversight apparently and hit me with an extra 15 grand! So no refund for me either.
Have you thought about starting a global media empire to counter this?

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
Yes I do take notice of my taxes paid and yes it’s bullshit, last year I paid 23,000 in taxes and only got 6,500 back. There needs to be a better tax system from top to bottom, I don’t think slugging the big business is the answer. The reason Holden went over seas is because everything is to highly taxed over here. But yess I appreciate what you are saying also
The real reason Holden went overseas is the cheap labour and not the taxation from the government. In actual fact the government had done everything possible to keep Holden here and it was those efforts over a decade or more that kept them here for as long as did.

The government reaped what it sowed. Cheap labour happens because workers in those countries have no rights, they have never had a unified voice to demand fair wages, faur work conditions. Had our governments and developed nations governments been championing workers rights then those workers would all be on much better wages making it WAY LESS ATTRACTIVE to take manufacturing to developing countries.

It was shortsighted by the various governments to demonize unionism and workers rights to a fair wage and condition environment. Had they supported it in those poorer nations the effects would have astounding. We'd still have a steel industry, car manufacturers,etc and those countries would have a burgeoning middle class who drive successful economies.

We'd be competing on a level playing field or at the very least there'd be little incentive to send manufacturing overseas as the lure of cheap labour would largely be gone. This is logical and worth considering.

roo-ted

NRL Player
In the last two years I paid $145,000 in tax. Thereabouts anyway. At first it was (only!) 130 but they found an oversight apparently and hit me with an extra 15 grand! So no refund for me either.
Mannn that sucks, end of financial is supposed to be a happy time for all. My tax guy is incredibly good at finding all of the legal loop holes. I thought I was going to have to pay them money but he got me out of the red and did so well that they owed me money. $15k is a lot of loop holes to find though

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
This year will be better, only paying 60-80k. Haven't looked at ytd but I earned a lot less. After being robbed I re-installed my security cameras but the horse has bolted I suppose. I'm thinking the cunts will be back because they took the keys to my GPZ. An old bike but still fun. Thank **** I had it in bits for some minor repair otherwise it'd be gone too.

Tom

State of Origin Rep
This year will be better, only paying 60-80k. Haven't looked at ytd but I earned a lot less. After being robbed I re-installed my security cameras but the horse has bolted I suppose. I'm thinking the cunts will be back because they took the keys to my GPZ. An old bike but still fun. Thank **** I had it in bits for some minor repair otherwise it'd be gone too.
Put a GPS tracker hidden somewhere on\in your more valued items if you are worried.

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
Put a GPS tracker hidden somewhere on\in your more valued items if you are worried.
Funnily enough I'm not one for toys, even my gpz900 only cost 1500. My new tv was 2k but that's now the most expensive thing in my house! Most of my valuable tools and equipment was relocated to my commercial premises a few months ago so I'm thankful for that. I'm still driving my old Commodore 2007 because it works well with only 140k on it but even it's worth fuckall and is insured. Might have been better if they pinched it !

Reactions: Tom

Tom

State of Origin Rep
Funnily enough I'm not one for toys, even my gpz900 only cost 1500. My new tv was 2k but that's now the most expensive thing in my house! Most of my valuable tools and equipment was relocated to my commercial premises a few months ago so I'm thankful for that. I'm still driving my old Commodore 2007 because it works well with only 140k on it but even it's worth fuckall and is insured. Might have been better if they pinched it !
Yeah but just the satisfaction of tracking the bastards down and taking your stuff back..........along with some of their stuff. 😁

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.