The fight ahead for Corey Oates

$$$

If he goes I wonder if Seve might be worth a shot on the wing. Making huge meters in ISC.

I said this all last year too. He's backing it up with another good year.

Av 157m a game this year and has 943m from six games. Tackling at 84% too with only seven missed.

I've a suspicion that the Cows are sniffing around to pounce on Oates. They've winger's coming off contract, aging back rowers & JT's off books from next season. They've cash in the cap so might as well sign him up with huge $'s with the assurance that he would play back row.

Financially, I would say Cows are in better shape than us. Hope we work something out with Oates and keep him here for good.

I've a suspicion that the Cows are sniffing around to pounce on Oates. They've winger's coming off contract, aging back rowers & JT's off books from next season. They've cash in the cap so might as well sign him up with huge $'s with the assurance that he would play back row.

Financially, I would say Cows are in better shape than us. Hope we work something out with Oates and keep him here for good.
If they take him, we should take Gela-Mosby.

and they Just signed Morgan for a million a season

They've got 2 players on 1 mill a season each and the likes of cooper, Scott, mclean and lowe on decent money also.

They've got room but they'e not swimming in cash.

I said this all last year too. He's backing it up with another good year.

Av 157m a game this year and has 943m from six games. Tackling at 84% too with only seven missed.

So why do you think he has been pretty much nowhere near getting a shot. I can only recall him getting close once a couple of years ago.

Running big meters as a back doesn't necessarily mean you are playing well though tbh. Never read much into those stats.

If they take him, we should take Gela-Mosby.

From all reports it sounds like he's a bit of a loose cannon, think we've got enough of them on this team at the moment, maybe we should try recruiting some good blokes for a couple of years before we go after anymore flight risks.

From all reports it sounds like he's a bit of a loose cannon, think we've got enough of them on this team at the moment, maybe we should try recruiting some good blokes for a couple of years before we go after anymore flight risks.
I'd assume you're right - particularly since he hasn't been given more chances. It's not like Winterstein is a world beater.

I wonder how long it will take for the Cowboys to start moving their backline around a bit since they're going through a rough patch. Linnet, ONeil and Winterstein don't really provide any strike - nor does Coote for that matter.

I'd assume you're right - particularly since he hasn't been given more chances. It's not like Winterstein is a world beater.

I wonder how long it will take for the Cowboys to start moving their backline around a bit since they're going through a rough patch. Linnet, ONeil and Winterstein don't really provide any strike - nor does Coote for that matter.

Sounds like Coote will be heading back to Sydney next year, the Cowboys must be privately pissed off that they couldn't keep Ponga.

They definitely need a spark, I wouldn't be surprised if they shift Morgan to Fullback and go with TMM & JT in the halves if they keep losing.

JT's cash has gone straight to Morgan plus they've got lolo on the books for the next 10 years @ $1m. They may have to spend pretty big to retain Hess as well

Cows real issue outside of their garbage outside backs is a fullback. All the talk is that they're after Val Holmes (who's a Townsville boy I believe).

Their cap will start to get stretched pretty thin if they add Val as well. Sharks won't want to pay any of it

I've not seen an ounce of reason that Oates should be considered for a second row job in this squad. If he's not on the wing, I don't have a spot for him in the team, and he should go somewhere else.

I would love to see him stick on the wing though. Like now. Instead of being in the middle of the field, trying to be something he's not.

I've not seen an ounce of reason that Oates should be considered for a second row job in this squad. If he's not on the wing, I don't have a spot for him in the team, and he should go somewhere else.

I would love to see him stick on the wing though. Like now. Instead of being in the middle of the field, trying to be something he's not.

The problem is, another team (Storm, Roosters, Titans) will offer him the promise of playing in the second row and as soon as the season starts, play him on the wing.

The problem is, another team (Storm, Roosters, Titans) will offer him the promise of playing in the second row and as soon as the season starts, play him on the wing.

I don't see that as a concern of the Broncos. While I think the bloke is a good fit to the team, seems well liked, seems pretty grounded, he has never shown me anything to suggest he's special.

I'm worried about his big lanky legs too. I think he's going to be another player who, if he does stay, will have everything below the waste made of glass.

After all the players we've lost over the past 2 seasons, it's time for our recruitment and retention staff to stand up and actually do something constructive. Oates put in an incredible performance today, 2 weeks back from an injury no less. His metres out of our own end are invaluable, his finishing is uncanny for such a big man and he's a future leader with how much he puts in every week.

It's no secret Melbourne have been sniffing around, and they're the last club I want to see such a quality Bronco playing for. We have to fight tooth and nail to retain him. Shove Thaiday flying into retirement and I don't care if we have to cull 6+ juniors to free up the space in the cap, it has to be done.

How much do you think he is worth tops? Discuss.

I wouldn't be against throwing 800k+ at him if necessary.
You’re on drugs!
$500k max

Like i have said before, If he gets an offer to play second row and we only offer him wing, he is going to leave unless we pay him absolutely stupid money. We wont be paying him a fortune as a winger i wouldnt think and even as a back rower you would have to wonder why we would give him huge money for a role he isnt proven in.
Look at Parra without Semi. His best position with us is as a winger. I will contradict myself and say that maybe we should give him $600k!

Titans are after papalii, storm have two of the best wingers and rabbits need a cricton replacement , so i think thats where he will go.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Porthoz
  • Fitzy
  • Jedhead
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.