CONTROVERSIAL The future of the Broncos?

Who is the future of the Broncos?

• Tommy Dearden

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Other (discuss below)

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
Queenslands depth in 7 is shockingly bad, I think unless an elite junior comes through the scene through us or anyone else we will have to replace Reyno with another Southerner.
If we can keep Mam, Walsh and Mozer long term playing together our 7 doesn't need to be a superstar on big coin, think Shane Perry 06.
Madden will be learning off Reynolds and training alongside the rest of the spine so I think he's going to be more than capable wearing that 7 when Reynolds retires.
That worked because Lockyer was the real 7, even if Mam becomes Munster level by the time Reyno retires he isn't a playmaking 6, you would need a proper 7, If Madden is good enough to be that 7 I highly doubt he would still be at the club at that point given Reyno still has 2 more years.

I think realistically it would be shopping time when that happens given Reyno is on a decent wage anyway we would have options hopefully.

If we can keep Mam, Walsh and Mozer long term playing together our 7 doesn't need to be a superstar on big coin, think Shane Perry 06.
Madden will be learning off Reynolds and training alongside the rest of the spine so I think he's going to be more than capable wearing that 7 when Reynolds retires.
Absolutely this, we have the makings of a quality spine which could be together for the next 10 years - potentially (with some of them at least) at rep level as well (in the medium term). As important as natural talent is also time spent playing together...that's part of the reason Cronk/Smith/Slater (plus Thurston at Origin level) were SO damn good, playing together week to week and then at both Qld and Australian levels as well, over years and years.

This is probably what I'm most excited about for the future of the club, this young spine, and Madden is a brilliant signing which fits perfectly with the above IMO.

As important as natural talent is also time spent playing together..
This is also one of the reasons why I think we're gonna win the premiership this year. From memory, this is the first time in like forever where we have had minimal changes from the previous year (only difference is a full back and some changes on the bench).

Sometime people forget it's still a team sport, and the time together, and no shuffling if positions (including a pre season together) is going to do wonders for us.

I'm so pumped for 2023!!!!

Active Now

• porouian
  • Volvo Driver
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • winslow_wong
  • simplythebest
  • broncsgoat
  • Galah
  • Strop
  • Justwin
  • Brotherdu
  • Mighty Bronx
  • I bleed Maroon
  • GCBRONCO
  • HarryAllan7
  • Fatboy
  • Wolfie
  • Culhwch
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • Organix
... and 31 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.