The Gambling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
FCB BB AKA MB said:
Go the scoreless draw tonight [icon_razz1, nah I think your multi is looking very good although the Sharks do take a lot of shots at penalty goal having Covell.
yeah thats a good point. thought with such a big possible payoff i may as well hedge my bets and cover all of my bases (apart from no score and field goals lol)

Fozz

International Rep
Staff
Geez, I can't bag a winner in the one sport I follow. Then I put a lazy tenner on a race I knew nothing about and that pays off [icon_shru

Anyway, league related: FTS Ennis.

Also put a lazy $5 on Souths first win being against the Rooters in round 25. 501-1 odds. [icon_shady

So based on my form, if you've put money on that...it's as good as gone! [icon_lol1.

The Brizz

Deactivated
I had the Broncos by 9+ at the half if Ennis didn't miss 3 conversions and Stagg didn't decide to butcher a try by holding on to Merritt I would have walk home but instead we led by 8 [icon_non

Fozz

International Rep
Staff
I ended up with a last minute margin bet too.

Broncos by 13-19 at 80 minutes. Only $37 but a win is a win! _woohoo_

been a bit lucky today so I chanced my arm with Lyon/Manly 1-12 for tommorow.

Midgey

QCup Player
Brisbane
I'm up so far this year but not by much.

This week I'm going for - (I love multi bets BTW which are like all up bets on horse racing)

Rugby League:NRL Rd8 Sths-NQld 1stScr Nth Queensland Try $1.95 (First points will be a Nth QLD Try)
Rugby League:NRL Rd8 Penr-Parr Hd2Hd Parramatta $1.90
Rugby League:NRL Rd8 Newc-GCst Hd2Hd Gold Coast $2.00
Rugby League:NRL Rd8 Warr-Canb Line Canberra +6.5 $1.85
$5 bet = $68.50 Win

Rugby League:NRL Rd8 WTig-Bris Line Brisbane -4.5 $1.90
Rugby League:NRL Rd8 Newc-GCst Line Gold Coast +1.5 $1.90
Rugby League:NRL Rd8 Sths-NQld Line Nth Qld -7.5 $1.90
$15 bet = $102.75 Win

Jeba

International
I reckon if all the Knights players pull up OK from City-Country they are specials over the Tits.

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
I like Knights but Warriors -5.5 is a much better option. Won last 4 @ venue v Raiders. Witt has missed 2 all year, which is the number Carney misses each game (providing Raiders score twice). You'd only need Warriors to score 1 more try for this to get up, and their 2 best players are involved in the City game on Friday (Be sure to take -5.5 and not the -6.5 at the TAB. Massive difference there).

Brisbane -4 seems a steal too, given we've won 7 of past 10 v Tigers, all by 4+, with the Tigers Marshall and Farah-less, along with Hodgson and Heighington backing up. (Again, take the -4 and not the -4.5 icon_thumbs_u )

ethos

NRL Player
FCB BB AKA MB said:
Jebadude said:
I reckon if all the Knights players pull up OK from City-Country they are specials over the Tits.
I think they are good things as well icon_thumbs_u
I did as well.

Until the Courier-Mail this morning said that Buderus is probably not going to back up from City/Country..

Leo said:
I like Knights but Warriors -5.5 is a much better option. Won last 4 @ venue v Raiders. Witt has missed 2 all year, which is the number Carney misses each game (providing Raiders score twice). You'd only need Warriors to score 1 more try for this to get up, and their 2 best players are involved in the City game on Friday (Be sure to take -5.5 and not the -6.5 at the TAB. Massive difference there).

Brisbane -4 seems a steal too, given we've won 7 of past 10 v Tigers, all by 4+, with the Tigers Marshall and Farah-less, along with Hodgson and Heighington backing up. (Again, take the -4 and not the -4.5 icon_thumbs_u )
& I also read that we've only notched up one or two 13+ wins away from home over the past two seasons. Broncos 1-12 offering decent odds this week!

Love the Bunnies 1-12 too. JT and Webb thinking about the test & a couple of their boys playing City/Country (as opposed to only one rabbit). Think they'll do it!!?

Denny Crane

NYC Player
mick! said:
Love the Bunnies 1-12 too. JT and Webb thinking about the test & a couple of their boys playing City/Country (as opposed to only one rabbit). Think they'll do it!!?
I think half the Souths team will be thinking about the test too. [icon_lol1. But you're right.. every loss gets them closer to a win.

Well, the way I see it, I think a Knights 1-12, Broncos 1-12 and Rabbits 1-12 multi sits around 38-1.

Nice odds.

Also love the look of City being such outsiders tonight. For a halves combination playing together week-in week-out to take the field in one of these games is always SUCH a huge bonus. Who knows how these things will pan out though? Definitely not enough to be $2.75 outsiders.

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
mick! said:
Well, the way I see it, I think a Knights 1-12, Broncos 1-12 and Rabbits 1-12 multi sits around 38-1.

Nice odds.
Definitely not bad. Knights 1-12 looks good to me, but I took Rabbitohs 1-6 @ 7.50 instead. Not convinced we wont thrash the Tigers though.

Rabbitohs to win by 2pts exactly @ 26 and Laffranchi MOTM tonight @ 17s look good too.

G

Took another $10 combo bet on the Broncos on Saturday night.

It gave me Reese Robinson as first tryscorer but unfortunately gave me Dave Taylor as last so I had no chance of cashing the multi...

Still got $25 back out of the $10 outlay so can't complain too much!

Status
Not open for further replies.