The Gambling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vogstar90

BRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
'It's not gambling, if you know what you're doing.

Tell us who you are tipping, the odds and how much.

This weekend I am putting $80 on Canberra head to head against the Knights. 16-0 in NRL bets with over $1200 in winnings, why would I be wrong now? 8-)

Your a brave man betting on Canberra away from home, I would have taken the start. I will probably put something on the Rooters to beat Souths but will look at the odds and spreads later in the week once I have confirmed lineups.

The Roosters Vs. Rabbitohs is too close to call. I would back Rabbitohs on that one.

Vogstar90 said:
The Roosters Vs. Rabbitohs is too close to call. I would back Rabbitohs on that one.
Yeh I'm tipping the same but it's very close call...

Generally I find betting in round 1 a bit of a no-go zone. So I'll give some long-term tips.

Gold Coast to make the 8 @ $3.25
Brisbane/North Qld GF Quinella @ $41.00

I went with that quinella too, Jeb. $10 on it.

Haven't really thought of any bets I'm looking to place yet - I usually hit the Valley TAB on my friday lunchbreak.

Betting in Round 1 is only on for me if you can get odds of around $2.60 or better H2H.

That means I could well have a lazy couple of bucks on the Panthers @ $2.80 tbh. Wouldn't touch it if Locky and Wallace had trained together more, but I cannot understand why our boys are as short as $1.40.

mick! said:
Betting in Round 1 is only on for me if you can get odds of around $2.60 or better H2H.

That means I could well have a lazy couple of bucks on the Panthers @ $2.80 tbh. Wouldn't touch it if Locky and Wallace had trained together more, but I cannot understand why our boys are as short as $1.40.
I was talking to my physio today who also happens to be one of the broncos physios all though he said the Broncos are incredibly fit he thinks the Panthers will get up by about 10points.

Won on Titans/Roosters line multi last night collected 150 _woohoo_

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Won on Titans/Roosters line multi last night collected 150 _woohoo_

[icon_wink Doesn't count mate, no one believes til you post it before the match [icon_evillaugh

For the record, I like these betting options over the round that's left. Thinking about a smallish multi.

Parra -5.5 @ $1.90
Penrith +8.5 @ $1.90
Tigers win @ $2.10
Storm 1-12 @ $3

A five bucker on that will see over $110 returned. Not bad.

mick! said:
[quote="FCB BB AKA MB":sj8j0hst]Won on Titans/Roosters line multi last night collected 150 _woohoo_

[icon_wink Doesn't count mate, no one believes til you post it before the match [icon_evillaugh

For the record, I like these betting options over the round that's left. Thinking about a smallish multi.

Parra -5.5 @ $1.90
Penrith +8.5 @ $1.90
Tigers win @ $2.10
Storm 1-12 @ $3

A five bucker on that will see over $110 returned. Not bad.[/quote:sj8j0hst]

4 Legs and the 1st week of the season....good luck. So hard to pick these things only reason I had a bet last night was the fact the titans have been so good in trials and the cowboys had jt and bowen in doubt, also I really think the rorters are a good thing for the top 4.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
[quote="mick!":2m908k7m][quote="FCB BB AKA MB":2m908k7m]Won on Titans/Roosters line multi last night collected 150 _woohoo_

Parra -5.5 @ $1.90
Penrith +8.5 @ $1.90
Tigers win @ $2.10
Storm 1-12 @ $3

A five bucker on that will see over $110 returned. Not bad.[/quote:2m908k7m]

4 Legs and the 1st week of the season....good luck. So hard to pick these things only reason I had a bet last night was the fact the titans have been so good in trials and the cowboys had jt and bowen in doubt, also I really think the rorters are a good thing for the top 4.[/quote:2m908k7m]

Haven't put it on and probably won't, tbh!

Yeah, it's always hard getting the four leggers etc.

My usualy method of betting, however, is to bet smaller ($5 per round is a good staple, you don't miss it) and throw it on a multi of between 4 and 8 legs. Sure, most weeks it doesn't come off, but you're always collecting $100+ when it does.

Two wins makes for a profitable year, and you can easily break even with one. I know I had one $155 and one $240 collect with them in the latter part of last year alone. Bet small to win big! icon_thumbs_u

Wouldn't argue too strongly with those selections Mick but I have a feeling the Dogs might go quite well tonight. Fancy the Tigers 1-12 ($3.75)myself but Gasnier has a great scoring record against them so maybe look for him to outscore Lawrence @ $2.90.

Not much I liked in the long-term markets but took Grothe for Top-TryScorer @ $51. With Hayne being moved to Centre I think they could develop a great combination with Grothe scoring with ease off the back of a great centre, much the same way Tahu and Colin Best did with Gidley/Gasnier. Hayne set Grothe up for a couple in the Roosters trial so as long as Hayne doesn't get his head shot off Grothe should be in with a chance.

Leo said:
Wouldn't argue too strongly with those selections Mick but I have a feeling the Dogs might go quite well tonight. Fancy the Tigers 1-12 ($3.75)myself but Gasnier has a great scoring record against them so maybe look for him to outscore Lawrence @ $2.90.

Not much I liked in the long-term markets but took Grothe for Top-TryScorer @ $51. With Hayne being moved to Centre I think they could develop a great combination with Grothe scoring with ease off the back of a great centre, much the same way Tahu and Colin Best did with Gidley/Gasnier. Hayne set Grothe up for a couple in the Roosters trial so as long as Hayne doesn't get his head shot off Grothe should be in with a chance.

That is a very well deduced bet eusa_think.

I like Cronulla for tonight to cause an upset and would be keen to take the margin against Manly but I have punted for the w/e and won so am not going to re-enter the fray again.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
I like Cronulla for tonight to cause an upset and would be keen to take the margin against Manly but I have punted for the w/e and won so am not going to re-enter the fray again.

Why the hell don't I listen to myself I must have said yeah I'm gonna go put something on the Sharks 10 times yesterday...but no I'm a tool [icon_non

FCB BB AKA MB said:
[quote="FCB BB AKA MB":23tv21vy]I like Cronulla for tonight to cause an upset and would be keen to take the margin against Manly but I have punted for the w/e and won so am not going to re-enter the fray again.

Why the hell don't I listen to myself I must have said yeah I'm gonna go put something on the Sharks 10 times yesterday...but no I'm a tool [icon_non[/quote:23tv21vy]

Always got to trust your instincts [icon_wink Not sure how to approach today's games, quite fancy the Tigers to win but the points line is only 43.5, and there's generally a fair few points in this fixture. Will probably go something like this:

Tigers to win @ 2.40
Over 43.5pts (Tigers v Dragons)/Brisbane team score 21-20 @ 5.73

With some small bets on:

Mark Gasnier First Try @ 11
Mark Gasnier Last Try @ 11
Justin Hodges First Try @ 11
Justin Hodges Last Try @ 11
Justin Hodges/Mark Gasnier First Try Double @ 121
Justin Hodges/Mark Gasnier Last Try Double @ 121

FCB BB AKA MB said:
[quote="FCB BB AKA MB":1euxc9ek]I like Cronulla for tonight to cause an upset and would be keen to take the margin against Manly but I have punted for the w/e and won so am not going to re-enter the fray again.

Why the hell don't I listen to myself I must have said yeah I'm gonna go put something on the Sharks 10 times yesterday...but no I'm a tool [icon_non[/quote:1euxc9ek]
Hahaha, are you the guy that says they are gonna do it but never get around to it? Well tell me what is a good upset for next week and I will bet on behalf of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • thenry
  • Lozza
  • Allo
  • Broncorob
  • john1420
  • Culhwch
  • Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Aldo
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.