The Gambling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Knights but Warriors -5.5 is a much better option. Won last 4 @ venue v Raiders. Witt has missed 2 all year, which is the number Carney misses each game (providing Raiders score twice). You'd only need Warriors to score 1 more try for this to get up, and their 2 best players are involved in the City game on Friday (Be sure to take -5.5 and not the -6.5 at the TAB. Massive difference there).

Brisbane -4 seems a steal too, given we've won 7 of past 10 v Tigers, all by 4+, with the Tigers Marshall and Farah-less, along with Hodgson and Heighington backing up. (Again, take the -4 and not the -4.5 icon_thumbs_u )

Yeah, i did the Brisbane -4. Looks the goods to me!

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Jebadude said:
I reckon if all the Knights players pull up OK from City-Country they are specials over the Tits.

I think they are good things as well icon_thumbs_u

I did as well.

Until the Courier-Mail this morning said that Buderus is probably not going to back up from City/Country..

Leo said:
I like Knights but Warriors -5.5 is a much better option. Won last 4 @ venue v Raiders. Witt has missed 2 all year, which is the number Carney misses each game (providing Raiders score twice). You'd only need Warriors to score 1 more try for this to get up, and their 2 best players are involved in the City game on Friday (Be sure to take -5.5 and not the -6.5 at the TAB. Massive difference there).

Brisbane -4 seems a steal too, given we've won 7 of past 10 v Tigers, all by 4+, with the Tigers Marshall and Farah-less, along with Hodgson and Heighington backing up. (Again, take the -4 and not the -4.5 icon_thumbs_u )

& I also read that we've only notched up one or two 13+ wins away from home over the past two seasons. Broncos 1-12 offering decent odds this week!

Love the Bunnies 1-12 too. JT and Webb thinking about the test & a couple of their boys playing City/Country (as opposed to only one rabbit). Think they'll do it!!?

mick! said:
Love the Bunnies 1-12 too. JT and Webb thinking about the test & a couple of their boys playing City/Country (as opposed to only one rabbit). Think they'll do it!!?

I think half the Souths team will be thinking about the test too. [icon_lol1. But you're right.. every loss gets them closer to a win.

Well, the way I see it, I think a Knights 1-12, Broncos 1-12 and Rabbits 1-12 multi sits around 38-1.

Nice odds.

Also love the look of City being such outsiders tonight. For a halves combination playing together week-in week-out to take the field in one of these games is always SUCH a huge bonus. Who knows how these things will pan out though? Definitely not enough to be $2.75 outsiders.

mick! said:
Well, the way I see it, I think a Knights 1-12, Broncos 1-12 and Rabbits 1-12 multi sits around 38-1.

Nice odds.

Definitely not bad. Knights 1-12 looks good to me, but I took Rabbitohs 1-6 @ 7.50 instead. Not convinced we wont thrash the Tigers though.

Rabbitohs to win by 2pts exactly @ 26 and Laffranchi MOTM tonight @ 17s look good too.

mick! said:

Nice odds.

icon_thumbs_u

_woohoo_ _woohoo_ _woohoo_ _woohoo_

Took another $10 combo bet on the Broncos on Saturday night.

It gave me Reese Robinson as first tryscorer but unfortunately gave me Dave Taylor as last so I had no chance of cashing the multi...

Still got $25 back out of the $10 outlay so can't complain too much!

I hate to bet against the broncos but Manly are $2.50 for the win this weekend.

Not bad odds at all!!

1 bet this week $50 on Tits minus 9.5 into Eels minus 7 into Manly minus 14.5 @ $9.50

Might have something on Cronulla/Brisbane HT/FT double @ $7.50

I'm retired hurt after last night [icon_thumbs_do.
Where's mick with another 38 -1 shot .

Coming up with one this afternoon, will be back icon_thumbs_u

Good, I will keep a lazy 20 to spec on your thoughts. [icon_pray.

Going for a bit of a long shot this week, but my entire expenditure will be just $3, so why not give it a shot? icon_thumbs_u

Four leg margins multi for us this time around, with good reasons for all. Box these ones together and keep your fingers crossed.

Leg 1 - Waratahs 1-12 @ $2.85. The Reds have shown a bit of determination in recent weeks, but the Tahs will have to win this one running into the finals. Qld to put up a big fight, but the boys in blue to get home here.

Leg 2 - Cronulla 1-12 @ $3.10. I'm a realist and do NOT expect the Broncos to walk away with a win minus Hunt, Lockyer, Hodges, Wallace, Marsh, Hannant and Thaiday. FMD that's a lot of firepower. HOWEVER, the Sharks are missing two of their best in Bird and Gallen, and struggle to ever rack up decent scorelines regardless. At home this evening they should get the job done, but I'm tipping a very gallant performance from our boys.

Leg 3 - Manly 13+ @ $1.85. Even without Brookvale try scoring machine Brett Stewart, Manly's form from last week should carry into this home match and their defense will be salivating at the thought of containing a Thurston-less Cowboys.

Leg 4 - Dragons 1-12 @ $3.10. Even with eight players out, the Storm are a very professional and well-drilled team and will definitely rise to the challenge. The Dragons were simply pitiful against the Eels last week and are VERY lucky to be encountering Melbourne minus the likes of Slater, Inglis, Folau, Smith, Johnson and White. They should escape with the two points, but it won't be pretty.

Odds - $50.66-1! A $10 speccy on this could see a return of $506.60, but I won't be throwing that much on it!

Well couldn't be worse than my selections. Giddy up icon_thumbs_u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Organix
  • Mustafur
  • Browny
  • Financeguy
  • Foordy
  • BruiserMk1
  • Fozz
  • Galah
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • westy316
  • Brocko
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Morkel
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncsgoat
  • I bleed Maroon
  • jd87
  • Dash
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.