The Gambling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely agreed on Sharks 1-12. All Sharks game this year have been decided by less than 12, with the exception of the Titans game. Sharks only won 3 of past 10 against us, but all 3 times by 1-12. FYI on 3 occassions Brisbane have won at Shark Park 16-12. Sharks 1-12 @ 3.10 and Sharks by exactly 8pts @ 19.00 are the way to go though.

Looking at the Storm and Dragons teams, neither have many tries in them, and looking at Soward and Turner, even fewer goals. Under 40.5 is an unbelievably strong bet IMO icon_thumbs_u FYI on 3 occasions Storm have won this encounter 24-10

Won the double last night with a titans + roosters win. More than tripled my money icon_thumbs_u

mick! said:
Going for a bit of a long shot this week, but my entire expenditure will be just $3, so why not give it a shot? icon_thumbs_u

Four leg margins multi for us this time around, with good reasons for all. Box these ones together and keep your fingers crossed.

Leg 1 - Waratahs 1-12 @ $2.85. The Reds have shown a bit of determination in recent weeks, but the Tahs will have to win this one running into the finals. Qld to put up a big fight, but the boys in blue to get home here.

Leg 2 - Cronulla 1-12 @ $3.10. I'm a realist and do NOT expect the Broncos to walk away with a win minus Hunt, Lockyer, Hodges, Wallace, Marsh, Hannant and Thaiday. FMD that's a lot of firepower. HOWEVER, the Sharks are missing two of their best in Bird and Gallen, and struggle to ever rack up decent scorelines regardless. At home this evening they should get the job done, but I'm tipping a very gallant performance from our boys.

Leg 3 - Manly 13+ @ $1.85. Even without Brookvale try scoring machine Brett Stewart, Manly's form from last week should carry into this home match and their defense will be salivating at the thought of containing a Thurston-less Cowboys.

Leg 4 - Dragons 1-12 @ $3.10. Even with eight players out, the Storm are a very professional and well-drilled team and will definitely rise to the challenge. The Dragons were simply pitiful against the Eels last week and are VERY lucky to be encountering Melbourne minus the likes of Slater, Inglis, Folau, Smith, Johnson and White. They should escape with the two points, but it won't be pretty.

Odds - $50.66-1! A $10 speccy on this could see a return of $506.60, but I won't be throwing that much on it!

3 from 4 Mick not bad. I had a fiver on the all up and $5 each on any 3 from 4 cost $20 and collected $81.
icon_smile

Had Smith Samau 1st try last night, and am already guaranteed Pick The Winners no matter what happens in the remaining games _woohoo_

Watch it pay sweet FA now ...

I cant even begin to say how well im going with gambling this week. As posted earlier i picked up a titans + roosters win, also got saints with -3.5 last night, manly to score first try, and sharks win. Also put money on eagles to have the biggest score of the weekend and at 38 thats looking solid. Really need a newcastle win today to top off the weekend's bets.

Dexter said:
mick! said:
Going for a bit of a long shot this week, but my entire expenditure will be just $3, so why not give it a shot? icon_thumbs_u

Four leg margins multi for us this time around, with good reasons for all. Box these ones together and keep your fingers crossed.

Leg 1 - Waratahs 1-12 @ $2.85. The Reds have shown a bit of determination in recent weeks, but the Tahs will have to win this one running into the finals. Qld to put up a big fight, but the boys in blue to get home here.

Leg 2 - Cronulla 1-12 @ $3.10. I'm a realist and do NOT expect the Broncos to walk away with a win minus Hunt, Lockyer, Hodges, Wallace, Marsh, Hannant and Thaiday. FMD that's a lot of firepower. HOWEVER, the Sharks are missing two of their best in Bird and Gallen, and struggle to ever rack up decent scorelines regardless. At home this evening they should get the job done, but I'm tipping a very gallant performance from our boys.

Leg 3 - Manly 13+ @ $1.85. Even without Brookvale try scoring machine Brett Stewart, Manly's form from last week should carry into this home match and their defense will be salivating at the thought of containing a Thurston-less Cowboys.

Leg 4 - Dragons 1-12 @ $3.10. Even with eight players out, the Storm are a very professional and well-drilled team and will definitely rise to the challenge. The Dragons were simply pitiful against the Eels last week and are VERY lucky to be encountering Melbourne minus the likes of Slater, Inglis, Folau, Smith, Johnson and White. They should escape with the two points, but it won't be pretty.

Odds - $50.66-1! A $10 speccy on this could see a return of $506.60, but I won't be throwing that much on it!

3 from 4 Mick not bad. I had a fiver on the all up and $5 each on any 3 from 4 cost $20 and collected $81.
icon_smile

Glad I helped, damn inconsistent Dragons. I only outlayed $3, but if they sucked a little more I would've collected 150. Ah well, pretty damned close!

Ill be doing my usual insurance bet this year, where i bet on NSW to win origin matches. If i have to explain why i call it insurance bet ill do it quickly and if u still dont understand then theres no help for you.

You get car insurance in case u crash ur car, not because you want to. I bet on NSW as insurance, in case QLD crash, not because i want them to. If QLD win i dont care about the money i outlayed, if nsw win ill be depressed, but at least ill have some money.

Now having explained it, theres some great odds for NSW this year. NSW/NSW half/fulltime double at $3.75! QLD/NSW @ $7 and even the NSW win at $2.25 is good i reckon. The line at +2.5 seems a bit small considering the massive difference in the Hd2Hd. Will also drop a bit of money on NSW/QLD half/fulltime because we all know QLD like to comeback and defeat the blues on fulltime, and at $5.75 i think thats pretty orsm money!

QUEENSLANDER said:
Ill be doing my usual insurance bet this year, where i bet on NSW to win origin matches. If i have to explain why i call it insurance bet ill do it quickly and if u still dont understand then theres no help for you.

You get car insurance in case u crash ur car, not because you want to. I bet on NSW as insurance, in case QLD crash, not because i want them to. If QLD win i dont care about the money i outlayed, if nsw win ill be depressed, but at least ill have some money.

Now having explained it, theres some great odds for NSW this year. NSW/NSW half/fulltime double at $3.75! QLD/NSW @ $7 and even the NSW win at $2.25 is good i reckon. The line at +2.5 seems a bit small considering the massive difference in the Hd2Hd. Will also drop a bit of money on NSW/QLD half/fulltime because we all know QLD like to comeback and defeat the blues on fulltime, and at $5.75 i think thats pretty orsm money!

See, I understand and wholeheartedly agree with insurance bets. You'll cop some flak from others though!

Coxy said:
QUEENSLANDER said:

See, I understand and wholeheartedly agree with insurance bets. You'll cop some flak from others though!

Oh i know i will, my dad still doesnt understand. Id hate to outlay money on QLD only to lose then have to deal with no money and no victory!

I understand it but I'd never do it. I can't bring myself to wanting NSW to win in any way, shape or form.

Jeb, you DON'T understand it. If you did you wouldn't say it's hoping NSW win in ANY shape or form.

The car insurance analogy is a good one. You don't WANT to crash your car, but you want to know you can get a replacement if you do happen to crash it.

Queenslander you sound like a guy I used to know who put $1 on every horse in a race! [icon_lol1.

I hope you end up in front mate but do you make a profit on every combination you take or do you have an even stake on every outcome?

Coxy said:
Jeb, you DON'T understand it. If you did you wouldn't say it's hoping NSW win in ANY shape or form.

The car insurance analogy is a good one. You don't WANT to crash your car, but you want to know you can get a replacement if you do happen to crash it.

Coxy, I DO understand it. Just stating why I would NEVER do it.

Maybe my choice of words was wrong. I hate looking on the bright side of a NSW win icon_thumbs_u

Couple of bets I will put on.

1. Queensland over 6.5 points
Paying $2.35, since 2003 there has been a field goal kicked in every series opener. Queensland have a massive chance of 6 points every try they score with Thurston as their goal kicker and they only need to score once more than the Blues, then pop over the field goal inside the last 10 minutes.

2. Draw/QLD
The half-time/full-time double here and I can see a tight game in the first half and the Maroons pulling through in the end. Paying $15.

I will be putting $50 on NSW line for my insurance bet. Then I'm covered if NSW wins and if QLD just wins.

Dave said:
Queenslander you sound like a guy I used to know who put $1 on every horse in a race! [icon_lol1.

I hope you end up in front mate but do you make a profit on every combination you take or do you have an even stake on every outcome?

Ill make sure that no matter what happens, if nsw win, ill be ahead, lets just put it that way. I need something to fall back on if that disastrous outcome occuers.

QUEENSLANDER said:
Ill make sure that no matter what happens, if nsw win, ill be ahead, lets just put it that way. I need something to fall back on WHEN that MARVELLOUS outcome occuers.

Corrected your post. You can thank me later.

Game to go to golden point @ 26 and Hoffman MOTM @ 31 the bets for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Santa
  • Brotherdu
  • Wolfie
  • Ejbroncos
  • Bish
  • Tim K
  • Fatboy
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.