The Grammar / Spelling Complaint thread

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Player
Ahhhh, the best use of saw I've seen ha ha!
Bro, where were you when I was having an absolute melt down over the entire Forum seemingly not knowing the difference between he's and his
Then it became a trolling thing and I couldn't deal with it

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
QUOTE="Huge, post: 3004208, member: 1992"]How embaressing indeed:eeek:[/QUOTE]
You might be getting a bit carried away with yourself. I’m pretty sure the use of embarrassment was an intentional copy of a comedy character. I don’t think it was a mistaken attempt at speaking good. :eaea:

abashii

NRL Player
Deep Didgeridoo
Yes, I'd say you're right. All of them love the Bronco's and all were major players in making our club great. When you share a love and a desire to protect a thing you cannot help but feel a kinship. Time will heal all the wounds. Kev Walters is the one I'd wonder about and primarily due to him wanting a career as a coach. I hope he gets another series win and stays in the running for future coaching roles. Who knows, he may be smart enough to involve himself (in a limited way) with Seibolds time as Bronco's coach.
It'd be grouse if you spent half as much time proofing your own posts as you do nitpicking others' in some vain attempt to demonstrate your superiority.

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
Bro, where were you when I was having an absolute melt down over the entire Forum seemingly not knowing the difference between he's and his
Then it became a trolling thing and I couldn't deal with it
I've always had your back on those things, I too have copped a bit but I'm resilient as you no doubt are too. Your and you're, saw and seen, there's so many ha ha.

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
I've always had your back on those things, I too have copped a bit but I'm resilient as you no doubt are too. Your and you're, saw and seen, there's so many ha ha.
This comma is completely unnecessary. It should be a new sentence. Your grammar sucks for someone who harps on about spelling so much.

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
"There are"
There are what? There are so many there is so many, I like yores sew mutch betta.
Use is if you want to emphasize the group; use are if you want to emphasize the individual members.

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
This comma is completely unnecessary. It should be a new sentence. Your grammar sucks for someone who harps on about spelling so much.
Why should it be a new sentence? I mean it could be but why does it have to be a new sentence? My grammar might be mediocre but what has that to do with other efforts when spelling? Oh, perfection is required to identify mistakes, I see now. ****, that should have been another sentence ha ha.

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
Why should it be a new sentence? I mean it could be but why does it have to be a new sentence? My grammar might be mediocre but what has that to do with other efforts when spelling? Oh, perfection is required to identify mistakes, I see now. ****, that should have been another sentence ha ha.
Because they are two separate sentences that aren't dependent on each other. They are called independent clauses. Spelling and grammar are obviously linked very closely. "He that is without sin among you, let him cast a stone at her" might seem ridiculous at the best of times but if you're going to call people out on their mistakes then maybe you should work harder on your own.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
27.4° S, 153.0° E
Because they are two separate sentences that aren't dependent on each other. They are called independent clauses. Spelling and grammar are obviously linked very closely. "He that is without sin among you, let him cast a stone at her" might seem ridiculous at the best of times but if you're going to call people out on their mistakes then maybe you should work harder on your own.
Shouldn't there be a comma between "times" and "but" in your last sentence?

JAHHW

NRL Player
I only do two ha ha. I mean seriously, who writes his for he's, your for you're? Keep em coming, I can take it. Seriously.
Given you’re such a stickler for spelling; one gripe I’ve had reading your posts is that you use the American spelling for words that, in traditional British English, contain an ‘s’ and not a ‘z’.

Even more so when you say the following:

79C52A01-C1BD-41E4-B093-276D6F449E5F.jpeg

Some examples include:

50AE2CE9-2D2F-4CDB-B81D-1CDAE130D32B.jpeg

Criticise.

C7AF3259-9EB0-4182-9F07-B055B4AA505A.jpeg

Emphasise.

1954A2F1-86F5-4214-9A81-63B51FB62288.jpeg

Rationalisation.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter