The Grammar / Spelling Complaint thread

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Huge, Mar 6, 2019.

How embaressing indeed:eeek:

Tags:
  1. Ahhhh, the best use of saw I've seen ha ha!

Wolfie likes this.
  2. Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann NRL Player

Bro, where were you when I was having an absolute melt down over the entire Forum seemingly not knowing the difference between he's and his
    Then it became a trolling thing and I couldn't deal with it

3. Sirlee oldman

Sirlee oldman QCup Player

QUOTE="Huge, post: 3004208, member: 1992"]How embaressing indeed:eeek:[/QUOTE]
    You might be getting a bit carried away with yourself. I’m pretty sure the use of embarrassment was an intentional copy of a comedy character. I don’t think it was a mistaken attempt at speaking good. :eaea:

Huge, Aldo and abashii like this.
  4. abashii

abashii NRL Player

It'd be grouse if you spent half as much time proofing your own posts as you do nitpicking others' in some vain attempt to demonstrate your superiority.

broncos4life likes this.
  5. I've always had your back on those things, I too have copped a bit but I'm resilient as you no doubt are too. Your and you're, saw and seen, there's so many ha ha.

Marty Deutschmann likes this.
  6. Alec

Alec International Rep

"There are"

Aldo, Kimlo, roo-ted and 2 others like this.
  7. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Captain

This comma is completely unnecessary. It should be a new sentence. Your grammar sucks for someone who harps on about spelling so much.

Clintos likes this.
  8. There are what? There are so many there is so many, I like yores sew mutch betta.
    Use is if you want to emphasize the group; use are if you want to emphasize the individual members.

9. Why should it be a new sentence? I mean it could be but why does it have to be a new sentence? My grammar might be mediocre but what has that to do with other efforts when spelling? Oh, perfection is required to identify mistakes, I see now. ****, that should have been another sentence ha ha.

10. Not as annoying as "ha ha ha"..

I mean seriously, who writes it like that?

11. I only do two ha ha. I mean seriously, who writes his for he's, your for you're? Keep em coming, I can take it. Seriously.

12. Sproj

Sproj

Go nuts and stop clogging up so many other threads with this stuff.

roo-ted likes this.
  13. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Captain

Because they are two separate sentences that aren't dependent on each other. They are called independent clauses. Spelling and grammar are obviously linked very closely. "He that is without sin among you, let him cast a stone at her" might seem ridiculous at the best of times but if you're going to call people out on their mistakes then maybe you should work harder on your own.

14. Jedhead

Jedhead QCup Player

Oh **** off you spelling nazi. 'How embaressment' is a quote from the ABC comedy hit Kath and Kim. Obviously you missed it. :-)

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    Aldo, Marty Deutschmann and abashii like this.
  15. Browny

Browny State of Origin Captain

Drunk
    Youse guys lolz

16. Shouldn't there be a comma between "times" and "but" in your last sentence?

[​IMG]

17. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Seriously?

Harry Sack likes this.
  19. JAHHW

JAHHW QCup Player

Given you’re such a stickler for spelling; one gripe I’ve had reading your posts is that you use the American spelling for words that, in traditional British English, contain an ‘s’ and not a ‘z’.

Even more so when you say the following:

79C52A01-C1BD-41E4-B093-276D6F449E5F.jpeg

Some examples include:

50AE2CE9-2D2F-4CDB-B81D-1CDAE130D32B.jpeg

Criticise.

C7AF3259-9EB0-4182-9F07-B055B4AA505A.jpeg

Emphasise.

1954A2F1-86F5-4214-9A81-63B51FB62288.jpeg

Rationalisation.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019