The Grammar / Spelling Complaint thread

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Huge, Mar 6, 2019.

I give this thread about a week. If that.....

Tom likes this.
  1. Sproj

Sproj

I was actually just thinking to myself, what have I done in creating this thread?!

GKDonkey and Harry Sack like this.
  2. Don't take that bet mate. The odds are massive.

Harry Sack likes this.
  3. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Captain

No, I don't think so. But was connecting an independent clause to a dependent clause. The first part of the sentence wouldn't create a full thought on its own.

This would be incorrect
    Huge is old, but smart.

This would be correct
    Huge is old but smart.

[​IMG]

4. abashii

abashii NRL Player

Dunno, maybe this will keep the language crap from clogging up all the other threads.

Kimlo and Harry Sack like this.
  5. Much merriment and laughter here. I did miss the part where Kath and Kim misspelled embarrassment. No problem.

6. Sufuckingperb!!! Hard to believe you trawled through my posts to find a threefa!!! Ha ha ha

7. The reason you can't usually start a sentence with “because” is because the sentence needs two parts for because to join together. Usually, “because” goes in between the two clauses, so if we start a sentence with “because” there is often only one clause in the sentence.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm, things that make you go hmmmmmmmm

8. ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak NRL Captain

Um, ellipsis should only be three dots...
    This is fun!

Huge and Harry Sack like this.
  9. Oh, no doubt. I can see it having an expiry date though.

10. That's fine. I might point out that either spelling is correct as I am in neither country so it's purely choice, is it not? I totally agree I like the English version of things but as the spellings are interchangeable and simultaneously correct I use a hybrid of both. I just don't think 'Z' gets enough air time so this is my support of 'Z'.

11. Yes, take credit instead of crediting me with starting it. I blame Adam, he started it when he had someone to talk to.

Sproj likes this.
  13. abashii

abashii NRL Player

Nah that's bullshit mate. You can't use anti-seppostan spellosity as an excuse to be a prick then uze their fucked up variant of Englizh in your own poztz. Well, you can coz you obviouzly have, but it'z not a great look.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    Huge likes this.
  14. badyon

badyon QCup Player

[​IMG]

roo-ted likes this.
  15. I thought it originated from "Effie" off Acropolis Now?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    soup and Jedhead like this.
  16. Jedhead

Jedhead QCup Player

I think you're right matey.

17. Anyway, I knew what you meant and so did most others.

18. What an eggciting thread.

Harry Sack likes this.
    Love it. One of the greatest strengths of this forum was the original demand by Coxy that the new age internet jargon was kept to a minimum. I think I remember him being pissed off with acronyms.