The Ivan Henjak Curse?!

T

TariqT

NYC Player
Nov 18, 2019
Remember when we lost Karmichael Hunt, Israel Folau, and Greg Inglis in the space of a year?

Do people remember that?

When Greg Inglis was coming to the club after Israel left I was so excited. Didn't someone say to Inglis to not come to the club because the coach was less than stellar?

I keep saying don't play Fifita for the rest of the season, for multiple reasons, but I'd also explain them to him and he'll understand. We have no hope of winning the premiership this year, and probably next year and the year after that no matter who coaches. However, that's what this game is about, winning the premiership. I'd rather see what's possible with the troops we have.

If it's about the premiership and not some perpetual diatribe of "players are improving" or "we're not progressing in some areas" and we are gonna up the numbers in those stat areas because of some absolute superstar who is LEAVING THE CLUB for 3 years, then these people ARE NOT serious.

It's not about punishing David. It's about no more excuses! I don't care if we lose from here out to the end of the season if we at least keep building resolve and fortitude. And it has to be off the back of the guys who are here to play going forward. I don't want false inflated figures off the back of Fifita. NO WAY.

I don't even care if we lose every game and they stick with the coach. You can see the resolve, even when teams are losing. You can see they are building. The Tigers game was perhaps the most painful Broncos game I had seen. Looking back now I think they knew Dave was going to leave.

The Storm game, however, had me excited at points, I could see some players cared. Throw this rubbish 5 games clause out the window. Let's eat some humble pie. Let these young guys under a DIFFICULT year finish off with their best efforts with no Fifita. If they worsen, go from there. If they improve, go from there.

Fifita is the past. I'm over saying I'm "happy" for him. There are guys at this club that took well UNDER to be a part of this club. They are the players I support. Many of them are young and they are the future. But I want to see this build from here without implementing "what we could have been". It serves ZERO purpose for the next 3.5 years. Who wants to chase that person that chose another. That's weak, and it shows.

I don't care if Wayne Bennett later said it was the wrong idea about not playing Justin Hodges when he signed with Roosters. That was probably "pillow talk". However, we need to see what this coach and team can do without Fifita, and now is the PERFECT opportunity. I don't care if we lose every game. Bring it on. Lets at least stop a couple of teams from getting an easy route to their potential premiership. Let's use the rest of this season to learn perfectly SMASHING teams in defence. That will give me so much joy. Build off that for this year and next. That's the stuff that wins premierships. Make every team that plays us FEAR us in defence. We have the forward pack to do that. We were doing that.

BRONCOS! 100%

Last edited:
Hodges apparently
My memories of the reports are similar.

If we play Fifita we are likely to finish with the sentiments of his mates seeing him out, not to mention his potential monstrous contributions.

If we don't play Fifita we will see if the remaining players believe in this coach, and consequently the club.

I'd rather not waste another year on the coach if it's apparent there's no chemistry with the remaining players.

So you're basically saying you want us to win our 1st ever spoon 😕

Winnjng the spoon would be better for the club than somehow jagging some games when it doesn’t count. With troops returning and the drop off that comes for some teams at the end of each season it is very possible we win a few. The absolute worst thing for our future currently is if we win a string of games and the management all of a sudden think that it is because we have some troops back and then give Seibold more time.

If the spoon comes with a broom, yes.
If management are so bone-headed they think a 15th place finish doesn't justify tossing the fat sack of crap currently impersonating a coach then they'd probably keep him after a spoon anyway. The only hope for punting Pies is if White actually keeps to his word and buggers off.

I'd rather be able to look back on 2020 in a few years time and be glad we've never come last even under an overweight undercompetent hack and the worst administration in Broncos history.

So you're basically saying you want us to win our 1st ever spoon 😕

If that what it takes to find out who's up for the scrap and who isn't and whether or not this coach can do something without the Fifita. That guy won us games that were lost more than a couple of times last year. I don't want that giving us a false sense of improvement to only have to be at this same point next year.

I'd rather be able to look back on 2020 in a few years time and be glad we've never come last even under an overweight undercompetent hack and the worst administration in Broncos history.

Last or 2nd last doesn't really matter to me, if it helps sort out our future.

There are rumours Fifita left due to a lack of belief in the coach (along with a truckload of $$) but if that's the case, that rumour is already out there, and we will struggle to attract players as we did when Henjack was here.

If we keep dishing up what we did against Tigers there will be no option but to get rid of him, but if we had Fifita playing against Tigers what would it have been. There's reasons Gold Coast are dropping over a million a season on him. If he plays we won't see what this team or coach are capable of. It's a great opportunity in a year that has been unlike any other.

My POV is also partly motivated by being stuck in Victora and seeing my team get crushed every week. I want to see them develop the defence. I want to see this pack start smashing teams. At least give us that. The Roosters finished 2nd last a few years ago. Their coach turned it around.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Foordy
  • teampjta
  • Xzei
  • Browny
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.