The Lang Park surface

The worst thing is you've got the NRL going with this approach of wanting a game at Suncorp every week, if the surface is that bad.. I don't think the teams competing want to play there every week.

It's only Round 3 and I know it was due to a concert but we've got Magic Round coming up, the ground will probably host other sporting events, that looked genuinely dangerous last night.
Suncorp has had many concerts and it's never been quite this bad. The turf is usually well protected when the stadium is setup for a concert. I'd say it's more the weather conditions then anything else.

Suncorp has had many concerts and it's never been quite this bad. The turf is usually well protected when the stadium is setup for a concert. I'd say it's more the weather conditions then anything else.
It's 100% the concerts.. the concert nights themselves are but a fraction of the problem.. the 'bump-in, bump-outs' where you have dozens of semi trailer trucks driving all over the ground and stages etc being set up, takes a serious toll on playing surfaces..

It's 100% the concerts.. the concert nights themselves are but a fraction of the problem.. the 'bump-in, bump-outs' where you have dozens of semi trailer trucks driving all over the ground and stages etc being set up, takes a serious toll on playing surfaces..

We had over a month of rain over magic round and played eight games on it and it didn’t have an issue.

What did Ed do so different?

We had over a month of rain over magic round and played eight games on it and it didn’t have an issue.

What did Ed do so different?
9E83201B 3D1F 44D0 8394 BB3D2052BC1F

He had a bit more luggage

Doesn’t answer why it’s been better in the past with concerts and metre of water and eight games.

And it was fine against the Cows
Has there ever been a heavier schedule of concerts leading into an NRL season as what Suncorp hosted this year ? It had Elton John, Red Hot Chilly Peppers and Ed Sheeran in January / February..

You could see clearly in that Cowboys game that the surface had been relaid at some point between the last concert and the NRL season..

Yeah the playing surface might have been ok after that first game against the Cowboys but it’s going to take time to bounce back and it’ll probably look worse in a couple of weeks after a few more rounds of NRL because it hasn’t had time to properly repair

I challenge anyone to gather up the best team of groundsmen they can and tell them to get an elite level playing surface back to its best after three lots of semi trailers have driven all over it repeatedly, stages and scaffolding have been put up and down and tens of thousands of people have trampled all over it

The surface is inexcusable. It’s a disgrace.
Somebody please explain how the old and new SFS had the same amount of Union, concerts, soccer and league (if not more) and the surface was always IMMACULATE!
Apparently, we, at the “best sporting ground in Australia” can’t get it into better condition than the local league comp in the middle of bumf*ck nowhere.
Fire the entire ground staff, get people in that know what the **** they are doing and fix it.
Stop making excuses and fix the surface!!!

Here you go ASM Global (f*cktards that manage the stadium)
I’ll do your research for you.

865A8AB2 C049 4C68 9533 34DD08749D8B

Is it just me or is the turf just not capable of hosting an NRL game? Just kinda embarrasing how bad it is, and how much slipping its causing.

Active Now

• Browny
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.