The Macca Issue

Macca is a septic wound who drains the life force out of this team. If he's still around next year, we should jump ship and follow the Storm. **** a club that runs a halfway house for mediocrity.

Nah not the Storm. Just whichever club Turpin is starting for ...

Last edited:
Yeah, he was essentially replaced by Macca, so it makes some sense. With Hindsight, I’d have kept Ennis over Macca every day of the week. Actually, even without it. I loved having Ennis in our team.
Isn't it his fault that he was replaced by Macca ... IIRC, he left us for a bigger offer from the Bulldogs

Come on Pete, give us your thoughts on Macca and his place in our team. You're way too diplomatic. Is everybody wrong or does Macca have to go?

I've already said my piece, the club ought to move on. I just don't enjoy flogging a dead horse in multiple threads, I don't find it stimulating one way or another.

The reality of the situation is that it doesn't matter if you're right or wrong, the person in charge of making the decision has thrown his support behind McCullough staying another year. That decision is on him and whoever was responsible for negotiating the player option in the first place.

With Hindsight, I’d have kept Ennis over Macca every day of the week. Actually, even without it. I loved having Ennis in our team.

Absolutely, I just wonder if it was out of the club hands. I have the impression they didn't fight hard to keep him, but by the same token, I believe he only came to Brisbane because he wanted to play under Bennett.

For my money, he was one of the best players in the game in 2008. I could never say the same about McCullough, or a lot of Broncos really.

I'd rather give Macca a 10 year extension than ever cheer for that shit stain grub club that is a cancer on rugby league. No one has done more damage to league than the Storm with their grubbery.

giphy.gif

I'd rather give Macca a 10 year extension than ever cheer for that shit stain grub club that is a cancer on rugby league. No one has done more damage to league than the Storm with their grubbery.
Careful what you wish for.

No idea why I bothered playing around with this, but I wondered what words you could make out of the letters in a players name. I started with Andrew McCullough and stopped there after finding this:

curmudgeon
a crusty irascible cantankerous old person full of stubborn ideas

The shit you do to amuse yourself when you’re sick in bed...

I don't wish to lay the blame on this season solely on Macca, in fact I'm not - but in many ways he has become the epitome of the substandard level this club has reached.

A mainstay in the starting team for something like a decade now, his averageness has been consistently rewarded with new contracts and continuing appearances.

The fact that a player of this skillset can play over 250 first grade games for the club in such a vital position in the team, is a sad indictment on how far the standard has fallen.

For too many years we have rewarded mediocrity. Time for a clean out.

Last edited:
I don't wish to lay the blame on this season solely on Macca, in fact I'm not - but in many ways he has become the epitome of the substandard level this club has reached.

A mainstay in the starting team for something like a decade now, his averageness has been consistently rewarded with new contracts and continuing appearances.

The fact that a player of this skillset can play over 250 first grade games for the club in such a vital position in the team, is a sad indictment on how far the standard has fallen.

giphy.gif

Brillianty said Ning, you bloody well nailed it big time! You just have to shake your head at some of the decisions made these past couple of years at least.

Active Now

• Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • Volvo Driver
  • Brotherdu
  • Johnny92
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Organix
  • Strop
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mustafur
  • Mighty Bronx
  • broncsgoat
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Midean
  • Justwin
  • RodF
  • LittleDavey
  • Nerd
... and 62 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.