The Mysterious Contract of Boyd (Continue the discussion here please, not the Kevvie Thread)

Gordy especially, I don't know if it's the benching or maybe him not getting a cushy job at the club or bagging the Broncos is the only way he can get a media gig or he's just a fuckwit, maybe all of the above, but jeez he just comes across like a bitter spurned lover.
I don't know a lot of issues with the Broncos that he has criticised have been shown to be true. I dont hate Gordon as much as others on here.

I don't know a lot of issues with the Broncos that he has criticised have been shown to be true. I dont hate Gordon as much as others on here.
So what. That's like me saying Bulldogs are shit because they have bad players. You don't get points for stating the bleeding obvious.

The fuckhead does nothing but take potshots at the players and club from his cushy media position, goes on for years that he's never been asked for help, Lodge asks him to come help, "oh sorry you made the mess you dig yourselves out of it"

Not to mention him talking to a player in confidence, then bleating about it publicly and going on record.

Tallis is a shit stain of the highest order.

Just Paul White things.

When it comes to negotiating contracts he's about as effective and shrewd as Gil from the Simpsons.
I'll never be able to see him as anything other than that now. Thanks mate haha.

So what. That's like me saying Bulldogs are shit because they have bad players. You don't get points for stating the bleeding obvious.

The fuckhead does nothing but take potshots at the players and club from his cushy media position, goes on for years that he's never been asked for help, Lodge asks him to come help, "oh sorry you made the mess you dig yourselves out of it"

Not to mention him talking to a player in confidence, then bleating about it publicly and going on record.

Tallis is a shit stain of the highest order.
I too was gobsmacked when I heard Tallis respond to the question about why didn't he go and help the Broncos when Lodge asked for his help. He said "because I don't want to" exactly like, I mean exactly as a pouty 5 year old child would. Face screwed up, whingey voice. It was instant, defensive and petulant.

No reason was offered, just more 'why should I?' type responses...Broncos got themselves in this mess, Broncos can get themselves out yada yada yada. Fucking sooky ****. Up till then I was as understanding as I could be as I considered I didn't know all the facts but after his statementsthat evening, I just thought, **** you Tallis.
Childish prick.

Last edited:
I too was gobsmacked when I heard Tallis respond to the question about why didn't he go and help the Broncos when Lodge asked for his help. He said "because I don't want to" exactly like, I mean exactly as a pouty 5 year old child would. Face screwed up, whingey voice. It was instant, defensive and petulant.

No reason was offered, just more 'why should I type' responses...Broncos got themselves in this mess, Broncos can get themselves out yada yada yada. Fucking sooky ****. Up till then I was as understanding as I could be as I considered I didn't know all the facts but after his statementsthat evening, I just thought, **** you Tallis.
Childish prick.

To be fair to Tallis, and Fifita, and TPJ, and Wayne, and everyone else who has shown a “poor attitude” toward the club in the last few years... the club seems like a toxic place to be around. I don’t blame any of them for not wanting to be diplomatic about the ***** who have been running the show there. No strategy, no loyalty, no honour, no diplomacy, and dignity.

To be fair to Tallis, and Fifita, and TPJ, and Wayne, and everyone else who has shown a “poor attitude” toward the club in the last few years... the club seems like a toxic place to be around. I don’t blame any of them for not wanting to be diplomatic about the ***** who have been running the show there. No strategy, no loyalty, no honour, no diplomacy, and dignity.
Yes, totally get that. I could easily understand him feeling like he'd be simply wasting his time helping an unappreciative friend and that's why I have always cut him some slack but this was different. This time I got to hear his voice and see his body language, it's the nuance, the subtleties that I picked up.

Actually it surprised me, the unguarded hurt precocious child response that sprang forth. It was instantaneous and to me at least, said it all. Sure, I might be reading too much into it but I've learned to trust my gut reactions in situations where I can hear and see a response.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • RolledOates
  • marw
  • Shane Tronc
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.