The New Australia Team

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Edit

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the Burns, Khawaja and Klinger but can see how Voges deserves a shot on home soil.
A close eye to be kept on Cummins and Pattinson to push for a spot.
Tell me , I've seen something with Bancroft as a keeper. Does he still keep? if he can push his run rate up a notch, could he be a chance in the shorter forms? Not That Nev is a slouch with the bat.
Nathan Lyon will probably be there for the next 10 years quietly compiling wickets

I like the Burns, Khawaja and Klinger but can see how Voges deserves a shot on home soil.
A close eye to be kept on Cummins and Pattinson to push for a spot.
Tell me , I've seen something with Bancroft as a keeper. Does he still keep? if he can push his run rate up a notch, could he be a chance in the shorter forms? Not That Nev is a slouch with the bat.
Nathan Lyon will probably be there for the next 10 years quietly compiling wickets

He's only played 11 games for WA since making his debut in 2011.

Would be a bit surprised to see Khawaja selected he failed at test level from memory. Would like to see Voges get a run in Australian conditions where he succeeded so well last year.

Voges is 35. What would be the point of seeing how he goes in Australian conditions?

Edit

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Bancroft has got the nod from the commentators

Joe Burns getting robbed again. Bancroft has one good season and he is the flavour of the month, Shaun Marsh still getting picked is incredible. He nicks off every bloody time we need him and scores run only when others have before him. Absolute peanuts.

Haddin press announcement at 11.

Another retirement I guess.

This would be my team for the summer of cricket.

1. David Warner
2. Cameron Bancroft
3. Joe Burns
4. Steve Smith (c)
5. Usman Khawaja
6. Mitchell Marsh
7. Matthew Wade
8. Mitchell Johnson
9. Mitchell Starc
10. Patrick Cummins
11. Nathan Lyon

Not sure why the commentators are giving Shaun Marsh a free pass, he's been useless.

No Neville? Don't think he went to bad in the Ashes series

Debatable, Wade is a couple of years younger and I think he has far more upside as a batsman, Wade's consistency behind the stumps is usually the only thing letting him down, I'd happily give him first crack though.

Not really related to the Australia team, but can't find any other relevant cricket thread.

Chris Lynn in grade cricket today, 209* off 137 balls, 19 sixes & 12 fours, against a bowling attack with Hopes, Hauritz, Gale.

Probably not the right thread, but is anyone watching the one day decider. England haven't just fallen in a hole, they've fallen off a cliff, 9 out 138, 1 retired hurt. Pitch looks fine. England number 11, who looks more like a 12 or 13. Was able to hang around.

Yeah, really glad I decided to watch it, Socnorb.

Their whole innings looked tired and lazy. Like they couldn't wait to get out and go home.

We're sitting at 2/36 now, so good tight bowling is obviously getting rewarded today.

Finch looked so assured and in control. Pity he's not a test player. Perfect partner for Warner.Burns dismissal looked ugly unfortunately .

Active Now

• Santa
  • Cavalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • Adammacca
  • BruiserMk1
  • Gaz
  • IceWorks
  • FACTHUNT
  • johnny plath
  • westy316
  • Xzei
  • Matheos
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.