The News Thread

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Sproj, Nov 15, 2018.

1. ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak NRL Captain

Madness. Having manned a Bunnings sausage sizzle, I believe this would ruin the whole production line efficiency. It's easy now - sausage in bread continually. Let the server worry about onion. Imagine how putting onion on first would create time wasting. It's a travesty, I tell ya.

GKDonkey and Harry Sack like this.
  2. ningnangnong

ningnangnong HACK THE PLANET!!!

I am firmly in the sausage first, onion on top camp, to be honest.

3. While I appreciate your love for onion, it's clear you've lost the plot once we continue with your post.

Your sausage sizzles are a lie. Get gud.

4. Sproj

Sproj

Gary Anderson's darts match hit by farting controversy as competitors can't agree on who dealt it

[​IMG]
    PHOTO: Gary Anderson has admitted to issues in the past, but was adamant he was not to blame this time. (PDC)

RELATED STORY: Darts is no longer a pub sport, so why is it so popular?
    RELATED STORY: What happens when you hold in a fart?

A match at the Grand Slam of Darts has descended into something of a farce as two rival players accused each other of breaking wind to put the other off in a last-16 match in Wolverhampton, England.
    Key points:

• Gary Anderson and Wesley Harms both complained of a foul smell during the match, although neither was willing to take responsibility
    • In the Grand Slam of Darts, Professional Darts Corporation (PDC) players face competitors from the rival British Darts Organisation (BDO)
    • PDC chairman Barry Hearn said the controversy was "unique"
    Two-time PDC world champion Gary Anderson, 47, won the match on Friday 10-2 to progress to the quarter-finals, but his Dutch opponent Wesley Harms, 34, accused the Scotsman of leaving a "fragrant smell" on the stage during the match.
    "It'll take me two nights to lose this smell from my nose," Harms said in a post-match interview with Dutch television station RTL7L.

However, world number four Anderson was adamant that he had nothing to do with the smell, first suggesting that his opponent was to blame, before later suggesting that the smell came from the crowd.

"I thought Wesley had farted on stage. Did he?" Anderson said when asked by the RTL7L reporter in his post-match interview.
    When the interviewer answered in the negative, Anderson gave a quite graphic account of why he could not be the culprit. (WARNING — he uses some pretty colourful language during his denial.)

After the smell become apparent, Harms improved, leading Anderson to believe that the Dutchman was the culprit.
    "It was bad. It was a stink. Then he started to play better and I thought he must have needed to get some wind out."
    "Hands up, I swear on my kids life, to help me God, nothing crossed, [it wasn't me].

[​IMG]Mention farting in front of a child and you will almost certainly elicit a fit of giggles. But 'bottom burp' jokes aside, what causes flatulence and what can you do about it?

"Normally if I fart on stage I s*** myself, and you know that because I told you in a documentary," Anderson added.

"If I'd farted and it smelled like that, I'd put my hands up and go 'sorry, I need to go off.'"
    After vehemently denying any involvement in producing the smell, Anderson began to cast aspersions on to the other people on the stage, including experienced caller Russ Bray, although he categorically denied being involved when questioned by the BBC.
    "You've got another three boys up there," Anderson said, referring to his opponent, the scorer and the match referee, who all share the stage during matches.

"Every time I walked past [the table there] was a waft of rotten eggs, so that's why I was thinking it was him [Harms]."

A 'unique' incident

PDC chairman Barry Hearn told the BBC the controversy was "unique" in his experience of professional darts.

Darts is no longer a pub sport, why did it get so popular?

[​IMG]

Darts used to be little more than a pub sport, now players tour the world, playing in packed arenas for big pay cheques. So why has the sport become so popular?

"It's the first time I've ever heard of such a contentious — almost contagious — incident," he said.
    "Something doesn't smell right. There is nothing worse than a silent fart. This could run and run."​

"I guess people wonder if blowing off might constitute advanced gamesmanship," Hearn said before adding that the Darts Regulation Authority had the power to fine or suspend players guilty of gamesmanship or a lack of professionalism.
    Hearn has helped transform the sport since taking over the competition PDC, which was formed in 1992 by a group of leading players who split from the BD.

That move created something of a sporting behemoth, attracting sell-out crowds at arenas around the world and has become the second most watched sport on British pay-tv network, Sky Sports, behind football.

The PDC boss reminded fans that despite the jocular nature of the incident, darts is a serious business.

"On a slightly more serious note, this is a top-level competition involving highly skilled sportsmen — so we have no intention of renaming the event the 'Grand Slam of Farts' as some have suggested," added Hearn.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11...at-grand-slam-of-darts-gary-anderson/10508604

- -

Hehe read that with a straight face.

soup, broncospwn and Harry Sack like this.
  5. Morkel

Morkel

This is why this thread exists.

broncospwn, Nashy and Sproj like this.
  6. Thought it was bullshit when I first heard about it haha.

7. Tom

Tom NRL Captain

disappointed in the headline.Dart Rhymes With Fart.So Much Potential.

Harry Sack likes this.
  8. ivanhungryjak

Tom likes this.
  9. Morkel

Morkel

He's got steel caps on.

ivanhungryjak, Harry Sack and Nashy like this.
  10. https://www.sbs.com.au/news/pauline...rdvGW6_TrMfRV__lljYLJH9HpjHnTRMDygG4102StsOBE

Oh Pauline.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
    Tom, Morkel, Harry Sack and 1 other person like this.
  11. Morkel

Morkel

12. ivanhungryjak

Bagging out the idiot/s in Christchurch. To do something like that just boggles the mind but then to livestream as it happens takes a special kind of lunatic.
    I was only there a few months ago and to see the earthquake devastation and it’s memorial was moving. Surely, they’ve been through enough.

13. It's absolutely devastating. That shit doesn't happen in Kiwi. It just doesn't.

They reckon the shit **** is an Aussie. For anyone who cares, the video is on Liveleak. It's really not a nice video from 16m on wards. I've seen fucked up shit before, but this rocked me. It just doesn't happen in NZ.

I haven't done any work in an hour. Just sitting here watching the shop tele and talking to family and friends in Kiwi.

roo-ted and soup like this.
  14. Sproj

Sproj

What happened?

15. I just watched the video, he live streamed himself doing it.

I would highly recommend nobody watch it, it's one of the hardest things I've ever had to watch, and I've seen some shit. Hope the **** absolutey rots.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 1:57 PM
    soup likes this.
  16. White supremacist dude dressed in full military style gear with multiple full auto rifles, and literally painted quotes (alt right and anti Muslim stuff) all over the rifles. Been discussing it on 4chan for a while then posts his guns on Twitter and a manifesto on his FB saying Muslims are taking over we must ensure the survival of the white race. Jumps in his car, plays meme Russian music, says subscribe to PewDiePie, then walks in slaughters god knows how many (confirmed 15 but there's at least 50 IMO) walks back in again shoots to finish off anyone injured, goes back to his car and resumes Russian meme music. Livestreams the whole thing to FB and Twitter with a GoPro. Another mosque 10 minutes away also fatalities, apparently shooting at hospital nearby and confirmed bomb found in car 3km from the incident. Every mosque in NZ has been shutdown, all of Christchurch is in lockdown, they have arrested one suspect they are unsure if there's more suspect's, early reports were 3 shooters but unconfirmed.

It wasn't a random shooting, it was meticulously planned for months to create max carnage and executed in cold blood. He did not **** flinch. Absolute cold blooded mass murder. He also did it on a Friday noon prayers which is the busiest time of week at any mosque as it's the most important prayer of the week. 300+ at the mosque.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 2:13 PM
  17. Renegade

Renegade NRL Captain

I just watched it myself and tbh I feel like I must be desensitized to this sort of thing.

The act is awful but I've seen so many of these coupled with playing so many fps games its just kinda... yeah.

18. Look. I was expecting worse based on what I read. I watched it, and I was shocked, but 20 - 30 later, it sunk in. Perhaps it's my strong affiliation and the fact that technically, I'm a Kiwi.

19. Renegade

Renegade NRL Captain

Yeah look I'm under no illusions that these are real people, real lives, husbands fathers sons brothers etc... it's just this stuff happens so frequently now sadly it takes a bit of the sting off it.

Awful act all the same.

My question is, how did he get these guns? i'm no gun expert but they look like military grade guns. what are the laws like over there?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019 at 2:28 PM