The News Thread

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Sproj, Nov 15, 2018.

1. ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak NRL Captain

I hope that dude who rushed him trying to end it is recognised for his bravery.

2. Yeah I was saying that to people I was talking to, he nearly saved a bunch of people, legitimate hero. May have saved lives either way with how long it took the shooter to get back up and compose himself, more time for people to escape / hide.

Edit: NZ police have confirmed 4 people are in custody over the shootings.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  3. Media reporting at least 30 dead, but police won't confirm. That video, there would be at least 20 - 30 there alone.

soup likes this.
    Yep, my estimate was 25-30 in that mosque alone, and if there's multiple mosques and multiple shooters, you've gotta be looking at 50 or more. So terrible.

4. Tom

Tom NRL Captain

I really wish the media would call it a terrorist attack. If a muslim did this at a church it would be called a terrorist attack.

broncospwn, Porthoz and Morkel like this.
  5. Renegade

Renegade NRL Captain

Because only brownskins are terrorists. Whites are lone wolf attackers. People aren't comfortable with the idea that there are caucasian terrorists living next door, it doesn't fit the narrative.

6. Sproj

Sproj

They will, give it time, they need to get the facts.

Goodness, this is horrible. :(

Cult3 likes this.
  7. The Kiwi's probably will, but out useless dickhead, and the other useless dickhead across the Pacific won't.

8. Sproj

Sproj

So I saw the start of the video and then decided I didn't want to watch it. It was hard to tell but he did sound a little Australian.

edit: Morrison has used the word terrorist, there you go.

9. Clintos

Clintos NRL Captain

Awful. Just awful.

God defend New Zealand

Porthoz and Nashy like this.
  10. From what I'm reading, the gun laws in NZ do allow you to get those kind of weapons although it's incredibly difficult to do it the legal way and I don't see how this guy could have ever been approved. I could be wrong on that, though.

https://www.quora.com/What-are-gun-control-laws-like-in-New-Zealand

But then again, if you know the right people, it's not overly difficult to get those weapons without jumping through all the hoops you need to jump through if getting them legally.

11. Sproj

Sproj

40 dead apparently with at least 20 more in hospital.

12. Some of the comments I've seen are just shocking and makes me wonder how people could possibly be wired that way. It makes me lose faith in humanity.

A friend of a friend on Facebook came up with this not very well thought out response, "They are just dirty arabs."

Just **** unbelievable.

13. There are also Kiwis blaming Australia for him, so that's causing a bit of backlash online too. Deadset. 40 innocents died just because they believe in something.

I'm glad Adern used the terrorist word, and good to see Scomo follow suit.

14. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

I wish I didn’t watch the video.

It’s not as disturbing as others I’ve seen (the Jordanian pilot burned alive in a cage comes to mind, along with the Mexican having his head removed whilst alive with a **** box cutter), but **** me, the loss of so many lives is incredibly hard to comprehend.

Why don’t we have a death penalty, or at least torture penalty for those that commit the most despicable of crimes?

**** humans can be so inhumane.

I think it’s the coldness and the calmness that does me in the most. That bloke was highly trained. It was like watching a video game, but real.

broncospwn and Harry Sack like this.
  15. I refuse to watch the video. Not only because I don't have the stomach for it, but because that is what these **** terrorists want. And yes, they are as bad and as much of a terrorist as any **** ISIL POS throwing people of a building, or piloting an airliner into a WTC tower.

Throw the book at them, lock them up for the rest of their lives in a 1x2 cell and let them atrophy in there being fed the leftovers and discards from the rest of the prison population.

Reds2011, broncospwn, Sproj and 2 others like this.
  16. broncos4life

broncos4life International Rep

This.

Throw these pieces of shit in prison for the rest of the worthless lives and make sure their time in there so awful that they are begging to die. Make sure the other prisoners know exactly who they are and what they have done and have them on 24/7 suicide watch, I wouldn’t want these shit stains getting away from their treatment early.

broncospwn and soup like this.
  17. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

~$100k/year in prison is why. Put them in a room with the loved ones of the deceased, close the door, and move on. Spend that money on supporting the deceased’s family.

18. ningnangnong

ningnangnong HACK THE PLANET!!!

I also made the decision to watch the video - I wish I hadn't to be honest.

I've seen a lot more gruesome videos on the internet, but this one was just so cold-hearted and well executed... I feel a bit sick now.

Gutted for the families and people affected.

soup likes this.
  19. Tom

Tom NRL Captain

Does anyone know the roles of the other people who have been arrested?