The News Thread

soup

State of Origin Rep
I believe two of them were also shooters. I could be wrong, though.
Yeah, apparently they went to mosque #2 but one of the blokes in the mosques had a rifle and scared them away by shooting at them as they left.

soup

State of Origin Rep
Well that's a can of worms...
He’ll go to jail, too. He’s claiming self defence but you can’t shoot at a fleeing car and claim self defence.

I know what you mean, though. There’s been plenty of criticism that mosques may be middlemen for illegal arms/drugs trade.

Can of worms opened.

Last edited:

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Drunk
He’ll go to jail, too. He’s claiming self defence but you can’t shoot at a fleeing car and claim self defence.

I know what you mean, though. There’s been plenty of criticism that mosques may be middlemen for illegal arms/drugs trade.

Can of worms opened.
Self defence of others maybe?

soup

State of Origin Rep
4chan is disgusting. Spent too many hours pouring through information only to be more disgusted in humanity.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
I also made the decision to watch the video - I wish I hadn't to be honest.

I've seen a lot more gruesome videos on the internet, but this one was just so cold-hearted and well executed... I feel a bit sick now.

Gutted for the families and people affected.
Absolutely no desire to watch it at all. Made the mistake of watching a beheading video once...shit like that, and I imagine this, stays with you.

roo-ted

NRL Player
It's absolutely devastating. That shit doesn't happen in Kiwi. It just doesn't.

They reckon the shit cunt is an Aussie. For anyone who cares, the video is on Liveleak. It's really not a nice video from 16m on wards. I've seen fucked up shit before, but this rocked me. It just doesn't happen in NZ.

I haven't done any work in an hour. Just sitting here watching the shop tele and talking to family and friends in Kiwi.
Yeah I watch it as well mate, I couldn’t get through the whole video without feeling sick. As much as us Aussies give it to the kiwis, we will always be brothers and sisters and support each other through the hard times. Hope the whaunu is doing ok bud

soup

State of Origin Rep
I knew what such a video would do to me and couldn't do it to myself.
Smart choice. I watched the afgani/ISIS videos just after my son was born four years ago, and I really fucking shouldn’t have. I was devastated for years.

soup

State of Origin Rep
I succinctly remember being in the fetal position, narrowly holding onto life over a period of two weeks. The damage probably took two years to over come, but those two weeks after I’d put myself through seeing the worst of the worst, was the closest I’ve come to death.

For two weeks I visualised plunging a knife into my heart, on loop. I was so disillusioned.

Last edited:

roo-ted

NRL Player
I succinctly remember being in the fetal position, narrowly holding onto life over a period of two weeks. The damage probably took two years to over come, but those two weeks after I’d put myself through seeing the worst of the worst, was the closest I’ve come to death.

For two weeks I visualised plunging a knife into my heart, on loop. I was so disillusioned.
Is this after watching a beheading video?