The NRL published TPA figures...

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
And you might wanna sit down for this one

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...tory/7cd2a47eed77fa3004a3ab65ec1db6d5?login=1

Last season, $3.76 million was paid to 93 players across the NRL in arm’s length third party agreements. The great majority — 77 players — were Origin level or other tier one internationals, already among their clubs best earners.

The NRL would not reveal each club’s spend, which averaged to $235,000 each club.

It is known Melbourne Storm benefited most. Storm players earned an extra $788,000 in third parties.

Brisbane was next, more than $200,000 below Melbourne but still commanding more than half a million dollars in third party income. Penrith was third, also benefiting by more than half a million dollars paid to its players in third parties.

The other club significantly above the average last season was Manly, spending more than $300,000.

Melbourne have us covered by almost a quarter of a million dollars :porthozthinksthisishot:Darlings are Forever, aye NRL.

And wankers down south have the gall to pepper us with TPA shade.

$788k divided by squad of 10 (fifteen on the list have to earn it) boats = $78.8k each...that's a decent-sized boat I'm sure.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...tory/7cd2a47eed77fa3004a3ab65ec1db6d5?login=1

Melbourne have us covered by almost a quarter of a million dollars :porthozthinksthisishot:Darlings are Forever, aye NRL.

If you owned a business who are you going to pay to promote your business and who do you think would demand more to do a VB ad: Smith, Slater or Cronk compared to anyone at the Broncos.

I don't understand why it's so mind blowing that the Australian captain doesn't come cheaply. Brisbane Airport picked Smith not a Bronco to do their ad! Slater, Smith and Cronk would have been 99% of that figure. The Broncos don't have anyone to rival those players.

Boyd didn't do anything for a long while and did his best to hinder his off-field earnings. Thaiday has a few things and Mildford but llewellyn motors is now a Broncos' sponsor so his deal is not exempt anymore.

What Melbourne companies sponsor Smith? Is this just another situation where he is doing nothing for Melbourne?

Brown paper bags don’t count.

This. The Roosters also have a history of not declaring 3rd party deals. Remember when SBW played for them? The Roosters attempted to register his contract with no third party deals, just a "vanilla" (as it was described at the time) $500k contract. What that meant was that he'd not be getting a single cent of income from any other source. The NRL knew it was BS. Of course it was BS, he had endorsement deals all over the place. But the NRL couldn't prove it, at least they couldn't get their hands on any paperwork or contracts that proved it. So in the end the only course of action they could take was to fine the Roosters for improperly submitting the contract details.

What Melbourne companies sponsor Smith? Is this just another situation where he is doing nothing for Melbourne?

Not sure on Melbourne, but BNE and HSV wouldn't be skimping on his pay.

Wholly shit this makes me mad.
Gus Gould is one of the biggest critics of Brisbane and our third party sponsorship money, corporate backing and being in a "one club town",,, yet his precious Panthers spent almost the same amount in TPAs??!?!!!
Shit gonna get burned down

Don't knock Melbourne anyone, you could offend some people on here!

Wholly shit this makes me mad.
Gus Gould is one of the biggest critics of Brisbane and our third party sponsorship money, corporate backing and being in a "one club town",,, yet his precious Panthers spent almost the same amount in TPAs??!?!!!
Shit gonna get burned down

One team town should be an advantage but I think you still need to be the type of player and person business wants to access. If Alf was playing now he'd be making a million dollars a year just from off field stuff.

The Broncos, have the one team town but I don't think they have the players at the moment. Storm do so they make off-field money.

Broncos need one team town and an Alf to take full advantage.

One team town should be an advantage but I think you still need to be the type of player and person business wants to access. If Alf was playing now he'd be making a million dollars a year just from off field stuff.

The Broncos, have the one team town but I don't think they have the players at the moment. Storm do so they make off-field money.

Broncos need one team town and an Alf to take full advantage.
This is a great point which the keyboard warriors typically forget to mention.

The only guys likely getting the TPA's are the high end marketable guys. Yet they seem to think every player in our top 30 have a TPA of some sort.

I'm surprised the figures are that low to be honest. Players in the NBA, NFL and European football leagues flog their personal brands to death. Hell there are probably chicks getting more money from instagram accounts then most of the top NRL players, just for wearing certain brands, etc.

Player managers are seriously doing **** all for their clients given personal branding is the norm for athletes overseas and social media is so easily accessible for self branding.

I’m sure the guys made heaps of those stupid car insurance ads

This is a great point which the keyboard warriors typically forget to mention.

The only guys likely getting the TPA's are the high end marketable guys. Yet they seem to think every player in our top 30 have a TPA of some sort.

If the figure of 93 players is accurate that's 5-6 a club. The $3.76 million is $235,000 a club. It't not going to be even obviously because players like Smith and Slater are going to command so much more of that $3.76 million pie while Lodge is not getting any of it.

Unread

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Broncorob
  • Mr Fourex
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.