The random question thread

Morkel

International Captain
Everyone on BHQ done them, and I'm learning they exist today. I gotta get out more.
Not me. Let’s go.

I’ll end up overthinking it and insist that they’re asking for a blood sacrifice when in actual fact we just need to push the red button.

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
We need a new toaster. The Aldi special has served us well, but it gives me the shits. Anyway, I thought this would be some easy task, well fucking no. Apparently online reviewers love their toast, and bag out plenty of the models on the market.

Before I pull the trigger on this beast, anyone got any hot toaster bargains or inside toaster tips I should know about? I'm thinking long instead of 4 separate slots.

Super Freak

International Captain
Brisbane
We need a new toaster. The Aldi special has served us well, but it gives me the shits. Anyway, I thought this would be some easy task, well fucking no. Apparently online reviewers love their toast, and bag out plenty of the models on the market.

Before I pull the trigger on this beast, anyone got any hot toaster bargains or inside toaster tips I should know about? I'm thinking long instead of 4 separate slots.
I've never had any problems with the 4 slot toasters from Kmart.

https://www.kmart.com.au/product/4-slice-long-slot-toaster/1996301

That's the model I have.

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
I've never had any problems with the 4 slot toasters from Kmart.
See I don't mind the 4 slots, but we like our bread and quite often have different types of bread. So I think a long one would be better should we wish to toast any long bread.

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
We've had a Breville with the two long slots for ages, and it's been faultless.
There are a couple of Brevilles I'm looking at. Ones the older model of the other, so that pretty much rules it out for me, I don't want no old toast tech. They both don't review quite as well. ALso, doesn't have a countdown timer, and in toast land, that's a little bit fucking fancy.

Last edited:

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
You'll be looking for the 2 long slot for sure. Decent width to the slots as well in case you want a thicker slice.

Morkel

International Captain
You’ve covered width and girth, but don’t forget depth. Ours is like 15 years old, so maybe some elements are out, but it only properly toasts the lower three-quarters. Make sure you get one with adequate depth if you like to be fully satisfied.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter