The random question thread

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Black Philip, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Morkel

Morkel

My ex brother-in-law was mad keen. He'd strut around going "I'm racing tonight" and he'd be referring to going to a slot car meet. Spent a heap on bits & pieces.

To his credit, he's now the chief mechanic on a top fueller, so he has every right to strut now.

GKDonkey and ningnangnong like this.
  2. Jedhead

Jedhead QCup Player

Phwo ..talk about living the dream.

3. Morkel

Morkel

I had to get dentures a year or so ago. 2 teeth have broken off the top plate. The local denture shop has quoted upwards of $190 per tooth to fix. ****... (I'm still paying off the $3500 vet bill to keep my dog alive after a snake bite!)
    Will super glue work? Is there a "do it yourself kit" anyone would recommend?
    Cheers

4. I don't think super glue would work as your saliva would dissolve it. I'm pretty sure it's not recommended for internal use.

The only thing I could recommend is call around and get quotes.

ChewThePhatt likes this.
  5. Jedhead

Jedhead QCup Player

There is special glue available for internal use. My dentist gave me a small tube of it and a spare temp crown in case the other temp crown came out while I was waiting for the permanent one to be manufactured.

ChewThePhatt likes this.
  6. Sproj

Sproj

Go to Taiwan.

abashii likes this.
  7. Jedhead

Jedhead QCup Player

How come most guys get buried in a real smart suit with a shirt and tie, and most females in their best Sunday dress yet whenever you see a zombie raised from the dead they always look like really scruffy bastards? I tell you what I wouldn't trust those gravediggers as far as I could throw them.

GKDonkey, Porthoz, Harry Sack and 4 others like this.
  8. Morkel

Morkel

Pretty sure the zombies are just wearing whatever they were wearing when they were bitten. A funeral / burial is at least a couple of days after the actual death, normally longer. I'm no zombie expert, but I think they "turn" a lot faster than that.

Porthoz likes this.
  9. Yeah this. The ones that are already buried don't have the infection that causes them to turn which is why you hardly see any wearing suits or sunday dresses.

When zombies are rising from the dead, you're not going to be having funerals so no one is really going to be buried and rise back from the dead in a suit or sunday dress.

10. Can you guys back your claims with verifiable evidence?

Porthoz, Aldo, Jedhead and 2 others like this.
  11. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Captain

You guys realize that before The Walking Dead, zombie movies would often have them rising from their graves?

Nashy likes this.
  12. Morkel

Morkel

I don't need to, I've proven it to myself.

13. Morkel

Morkel

Yeah. In suits.

[​IMG]

14. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Captain

But they did have funerals, right? But yeah a lot of them do often have suits on

15. Any coin collectors here? My old man has started going through his collection and wants to start getting rid of some of them. Any one know any trusted buyers?

16. Tell him I'll give him face value.

Porthoz and abashii like this.
  17. Confident he'll tell you to get fucked, but I'll ask mate.

abashii likes this.
  18. One thing that has always eaten away at me (pun intended) is why are there so many zombies that are able to walk around? When a pack of zombies starts chowing down on you, wouldn't they just eat the whole **** body? Always amazes me that there are so few zombie heads just lying around on the ground.

Porthoz and Harry Sack like this.
    Absolutely this. They're wasteful fuckers that's for sure. They like have a few nibbles and go "yeah, nah" and move on to the next one.

Aldo likes this.