The random question thread

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
Anyone else have a slot car set when they were a youngin'?
My ex brother-in-law was mad keen. He'd strut around going "I'm racing tonight" and he'd be referring to going to a slot car meet. Spent a heap on bits & pieces.

To his credit, he's now the chief mechanic on a top fueller, so he has every right to strut now.

Jedhead

NRL Player
My ex brother-in-law was mad keen. He'd strut around going "I'm racing tonight" and he'd be referring to going to a slot car meet. Spent a heap on bits & pieces.

To his credit, he's now the chief mechanic on a top fueller, so he has every right to strut now.
Phwo ..talk about living the dream.

I had to get dentures a year or so ago. 2 teeth have broken off the top plate. The local denture shop has quoted upwards of $190 per tooth to fix. ****... (I'm still paying off the $3500 vet bill to keep my dog alive after a snake bite!)
Will super glue work? Is there a "do it yourself kit" anyone would recommend?
Cheers

Fozz

International Rep
Staff
I had to get dentures a year or so ago. 2 teeth have broken off the top plate. The local denture shop has quoted upwards of $190 per tooth to fix. ****... (I'm still paying off the $3500 vet bill to keep my dog alive after a snake bite!)
Cheers
I don't think super glue would work as your saliva would dissolve it. I'm pretty sure it's not recommended for internal use.

The only thing I could recommend is call around and get quotes.

Jedhead

NRL Player
Cheers
There is special glue available for internal use. My dentist gave me a small tube of it and a spare temp crown in case the other temp crown came out while I was waiting for the permanent one to be manufactured.

Jedhead

NRL Player
How come most guys get buried in a real smart suit with a shirt and tie, and most females in their best Sunday dress yet whenever you see a zombie raised from the dead they always look like really scruffy bastards? I tell you what I wouldn't trust those gravediggers as far as I could throw them.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
How come most guys get buried in a real smart suit with a shirt and tie, and most females in their best Sunday dress yet whenever you see a zombie raised from the dead they always look like really scruffy bastards? I tell you what I wouldn't trust those gravediggers as far as I could throw them.
Pretty sure the zombies are just wearing whatever they were wearing when they were bitten. A funeral / burial is at least a couple of days after the actual death, normally longer. I'm no zombie expert, but I think they "turn" a lot faster than that.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Pretty sure the zombies are just wearing whatever they were wearing when they were bitten. A funeral / burial is at least a couple of days after the actual death, normally longer. I'm no zombie expert, but I think they "turn" a lot faster than that.
Yeah this. The ones that are already buried don't have the infection that causes them to turn which is why you hardly see any wearing suits or sunday dresses.

When zombies are rising from the dead, you're not going to be having funerals so no one is really going to be buried and rise back from the dead in a suit or sunday dress.

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
You guys realize that before The Walking Dead, zombie movies would often have them rising from their graves?

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
Any coin collectors here? My old man has started going through his collection and wants to start getting rid of some of them. Any one know any trusted buyers?

Aldo

NRL Player
New South Wails
One thing that has always eaten away at me (pun intended) is why are there so many zombies that are able to walk around? When a pack of zombies starts chowing down on you, wouldn't they just eat the whole fucking body? Always amazes me that there are so few zombie heads just lying around on the ground.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
One thing that has always eaten away at me (pun intended) is why are there so many zombies that are able to walk around? When a pack of zombies starts chowing down on you, wouldn't they just eat the whole fucking body? Always amazes me that there are so few zombie heads just lying around on the ground.
Absolutely this. They're wasteful fuckers that's for sure. They like have a few nibbles and go "yeah, nah" and move on to the next one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter