The random question thread

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Black Philip, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Tom

Tom NRL Captain

Zombies are better than us. They never attack or hurt each other.

Morkel, Harry Sack and Aldo like this.
  2. They also don't discriminate with their victims. Zombies are good... dead people.

GKDonkey and Morkel like this.
  3. Could I sue Lynx for false advertising?

In their ads, they imply that if you spray on Lynx you will have women all over you even coming from a mile away to be with you but that never happens to me...

I'm wondering if there would be a legal loophole where I could sue the fuckers?

GKDonkey and Allo like this.
  4. abashii

abashii NRL Player

No.

GKDonkey, Porthoz, soup and 2 others like this.
  5. ningnangnong

ningnangnong HACK THE PLANET!!!

Don't tell me you're still using Lynx, blud?

I have been tempted to buy Lynx Africa recently just for those sweet, sweet memories of being a teen.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  6. Rarely. I'll keep a can of Lynx Voodoo in the dresser but I mainly use Nivea or L'Oreal shower gel and deodorant and a really nice cologne I got.

Every now and then if the Lynx shower gel is on special, I will buy that.

GKDonkey likes this.
  7. Morkel

Morkel

I may just have it wrong again, but don't they go for people's brains? Simpson did it. So maybe they just have a quick chew anywhere on the body (inadvertently "turning them") to see if they're a warm one, and then if so, they only eat the brain, or just a certain portion of the brain, as maybe that's the only food that can sustain them?

Harry Sack likes this.
  8. Going to go hungry if they come after me.

Porthoz likes this.
  9. Spoken like a man who has tried to walk that path before.

10. @holdzy89@holdzy89 - Are you still living up North? If so, are you all good with everything that's happening up there?

abashii likes this.
  11. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

All good at the moment, cheers man.

GKDonkey, Big Pete, soup and 2 others like this.
  12. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

Anybody into woodwork? I love it but know next to nothing.

I’ve got a set of wicker (cane and pine) chairs and a small table that are my grandmother’s; likely 40+ years old.

I’m trying to treat them with the respect they deserve and have so far cleaned them within an inch of their life with the intentions of re-varnishing, but I’ve considered painting them to modernise. Here’s a photo:

C45010FE-76EA-4A4A-BCF0-710705FB6A4A.jpeg

The webbing was becoming loose so I had to replace, but after I removed a thousand staples I decided it was a good time to restore.

There’s still varnish on them for the most part. The coffee table surface is stripped with an orbital sander to remove stains.

If I wanted to paint them, do I really have to sand them, and if so, lightly or completely keeping in mind I’m OCD with this stuff.

Any tips? Is there an easier way?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  13. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

Btw, how good is my lawn? Lol. #OCD

14. Horseheadsup

Horseheadsup NRL Player

Mine looked really great painted a vivid white. May have to sand the varnish off or the paint may not adhere ?

soup likes this.
  15. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

That’s the colour I was planning. I had the same fear about the paint falling off.

Horseheadsup likes this.
  16. Sproj

Sproj

Sure but those seats might give you a little surprise when you go to sit down. Hehe

17. Morkel

Morkel

James Bond seats. Anyone bring rope?

Harry Sack and Sirlee oldman like this.
  18. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

The webbing needed replacing, hence the position I’m in. I don’t want to replace the webbing with a thousand more staples, only to lift each staple with a blade screwdriver again, just to paint it. It’s now or never.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  19. ningnangnong

ningnangnong HACK THE PLANET!!!

You beat me to it - saw the photo and was just about to post 'soupy, your lawn looks **** amazing!' haha. So lush.

soup likes this.
    Me too. I didn't even notice the furniture. I was like... that's a really nice grass patch.

ningnangnong, soup and Harry Sack like this.