The random question thread

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Could I sue Lynx for false advertising?

In their ads, they imply that if you spray on Lynx you will have women all over you even coming from a mile away to be with you but that never happens to me...

I'm wondering if there would be a legal loophole where I could sue the fuckers?

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Could I sue Lynx for false advertising?

In their ads, they imply that if you spray on Lynx you will have women all over you even coming from a mile away to be with you but that never happens to me...

I'm wondering if there would be a legal loophole where I could sue the fuckers?
Don't tell me you're still using Lynx, blud?

I have been tempted to buy Lynx Africa recently just for those sweet, sweet memories of being a teen.

Last edited:

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Don't tell me you're still using Lynx, blud?

I have been tempted to buy Lynx Africa recently just for those sweet, sweet memories of being a teen.
Rarely. I'll keep a can of Lynx Voodoo in the dresser but I mainly use Nivea or L'Oreal shower gel and deodorant and a really nice cologne I got.

Every now and then if the Lynx shower gel is on special, I will buy that.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
Absolutely this. They're wasteful fuckers that's for sure. They like have a few nibbles and go "yeah, nah" and move on to the next one.
I may just have it wrong again, but don't they go for people's brains? Simpson did it. So maybe they just have a quick chew anywhere on the body (inadvertently "turning them") to see if they're a warm one, and then if so, they only eat the brain, or just a certain portion of the brain, as maybe that's the only food that can sustain them?

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I may just have it wrong again, but don't they go for people's brains? Simpson did it. So maybe they just have a quick chew anywhere on the body (inadvertently "turning them") to see if they're a warm one, and then if so, they only eat the brain, or just a certain portion of the brain, as maybe that's the only food that can sustain them?
Going to go hungry if they come after me.

soup

State of Origin Rep
Anybody into woodwork? I love it but know next to nothing.

I’ve got a set of wicker (cane and pine) chairs and a small table that are my grandmother’s; likely 40+ years old.

I’m trying to treat them with the respect they deserve and have so far cleaned them within an inch of their life with the intentions of re-varnishing, but I’ve considered painting them to modernise. Here’s a photo:

C45010FE-76EA-4A4A-BCF0-710705FB6A4A.jpeg

The webbing was becoming loose so I had to replace, but after I removed a thousand staples I decided it was a good time to restore.

There’s still varnish on them for the most part. The coffee table surface is stripped with an orbital sander to remove stains.

If I wanted to paint them, do I really have to sand them, and if so, lightly or completely keeping in mind I’m OCD with this stuff.

Any tips? Is there an easier way?

Last edited:

Horseheadsup

NRL Player
Anybody into woodwork? I love it but know next to nothing.

I’ve got a set of wicker (cane and pine) chairs and a small table that are my grandmother’s; likely 40+ years old.

I’m trying to treat them with the respect they deserve and have so far cleaned them within an inch of their life with the intentions of re-varnishing, but I’ve considered painting them to modernise. Here’s a photo:

View attachment 4423

The webbing was becoming loose so I had to replace, but after I removed a thousand staples I decided it was a good time to restore.

There’s still varnish on them for the most part. The coffee table surface is stripped with an orbital sander to remove stains.

If I wanted to paint them, do I really have to sand them, and if so, lightly or completely keeping in mind I’m OCD with this stuff.

Any tips? Is there an easier way?
Mine looked really great painted a vivid white. May have to sand the varnish off or the paint may not adhere ?

soup

State of Origin Rep
The webbing needed replacing, hence the position I’m in. I don’t want to replace the webbing with a thousand more staples, only to lift each staple with a blade screwdriver again, just to paint it. It’s now or never.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter