The random question thread

soup

State of Origin Rep
Yeah, I wasn’t kidding when I said I do luxury lawns in another thread (ages ago). It’s a bit of a passion of mine.

soup

State of Origin Rep
Terrific soupie. Mine is terrible but from the dry and hoping to hit some fertiliser in the next rain. Do you use Ck 88?
Careful of the CK88, it’s too acidic. It’s like steroids in that it works but stresses the plant.

I use a combination of Champion (slow release granules) and Scott’s Premium lawn builder (quicker release but still slow). I also use Seaweed Secrets, Activat8mate, Liquid Gypsum/Dolamite (to balance the acidity and break up the clay), Nature’s Soil Wetter and a PGR called Astro 12ME. Haven’t been using the PGR much lately but will be in the next fortnight.

Last edited:

Rico

QCup Player
Careful of the CK88, it’s too acidic. It’s like steroids in that it works but stresses the plant.

I use a combination of Champion (slow release granules) and Scott’s Premium lawn builder (quicker release but still slow). I also use Seaweed Secrets, Activat8mate, Liquid Gypsum/Dolamite (to balance the acidity and break up the clay), Nature’s Soil Wetter and a PGR called Astro 12ME. Haven’t been using the PGR much lately but will be in the next fortnight.
That’s comprehensive soup. Great to know mate. Is all of this dog friendly ?

soup

State of Origin Rep
That’s comprehensive soup. Great to know mate. Is all of this dog friendly ?
Absolutely mate. It’s only pesticides that you should be worried about. Go to the plant doctor website for most of this stuff. The other website is LawnPride.

Clintos

NRL Captain
Around
Does anyone have any creative ideas as to what someone could do to earn a bit of extra $$ on the side outside business hours?

Looking to get a bit of extra $$ to power through the last remaining debts left over from my idiotic early-mid 20's so I can start focusing on getting into the housing market etc.

I'm not interested in working for Dominos or anything like that to deliver food etc.

Unfortunately prostitution is not an option for someone of my...err...stature?

I'm all ears!

soup

State of Origin Rep
Does anyone have any creative ideas as to what someone could do to earn a bit of extra $$ on the side outside business hours?

Looking to get a bit of extra $$ to power through the last remaining debts left over from my idiotic early-mid 20's so I can start focusing on getting into the housing market etc.

I'm not interested in working for Dominos or anything like that to deliver food etc.

I'm all ears!
Lawns mate. If you’re clever about it, cash in hand.

soup

State of Origin Rep
The other one up my sleeve is home automation and security. Still working on that business plan.

soup

State of Origin Rep
Doesn't necessarily need to be cash in hand - happy to be 'on the books'.

Problem there is I don't even own a lawn mower. I live in an apartment complex - so not needed. Haha
Do you have a Uni degree?

soup

State of Origin Rep
Also, usability, price points and integration/interface are always going to be evolving. Plenty of market room.

Clintos

NRL Captain
Around
Do you have a Uni degree?
I have two and a half.

Business
Psychology

Half a masters degree in ER (i got bored and never finished).

I spent like 15 years in retail. Maybe I should just look for some nightfill work or something. Haha

No trade - fucking useless on the tools.

Last edited:

Morkel

International Captain
Staff

I'm all ears!
Like soup soup said, I do lawns/yards on the weekend to feed the habits of the family.

I've had Uber suggested by multiple people, but you do need to sacrifice a fair chunk to make it worthwhile. A colleague went out and planned it all, got the cheapest-to-keep-on-the-road car, etc, and makes about $400 - $600 extra a week, but that involves big hours on Thursday, Friday & Saturday nights.

You said you want to avoid delivery jobs etc, but something I was also looking at (but didn't pursue too far) was more like doing a few late shifts at a servo, or night stock at a supermarket.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter