The random question thread

soup

State of Origin Rep
As 16 year olds getting drunk around a campfire at a creek, me and the mate that nearly did himself in recently, ventured off to the Charlton speedway and beyond to the highway west of Toowoomba. We made our way up the rather steep embankment to the roadside and agreed it was a great idea to moon the next B-double that came westward. Sure enough, jeans around the ankles, the B-double approaches and then hit the air horn about 10m away from us (100km zone) and deadset, tangled by our pants around our ankles, we both tumbled about three meters down the embankment into the catchment with our arses out and lucky not to have shit ourselves. Funny times.

Last edited:
Home
Will be looking to book a return flight to Spain later in the year and tossing up between Qatar and Etihad in terms of budget and flight comfort/entertainment.

If anyone has experience with either of these two over long distance flight I'm all ears!

Dash

NRL Player
Brisbane
Will be looking to book a return flight to Spain later in the year and tossing up between Qatar and Etihad in terms of budget and flight comfort/entertainment.

If anyone has experience with either of these two over long distance flight I'm all ears!
Well I read today that Etihad is very close to going under. They've lost $8 billion in the last 3 years.

Clintos

NRL Captain
Around

Can recommend Qatar! Never flown Etihad to compare though...

Sirlee oldman

QCup Player

Both good but Qatar the safer option because Etihad are cutting routes due to money problems.

Brisbane
I told Porthoz Porthoz to purchase insurance yesterday because of Etihad. Not worth the risk if you haven't already booked.

Qatar don't fly out of Brisbane though, unless that's changed. I know they want to, but Qantas are being dicks.

Singapore are another good option out of Brisbane. Take the late flight and you'll be on a brand new plane too.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
I told Porthoz Porthoz to purchase insurance yesterday because of Etihad. Not worth the risk if you haven't already booked.

Qatar don't fly out of Brisbane though, unless that's changed. I know they want to, but Qantas are being dicks.

Singapore are another good option out of Brisbane. Take the late flight and you'll be on a brand new plane too.
Pretty sure BroncosAlways BroncosAlways is a Sydney boy.

Yup, I just hope they last long enough to allow my flights to and from Europe in May/June, as I already bought tickets...

Correct mate, only in residence and work for the time being.
Hearts still back home up there if that counts for anything!

Nashy Nashy cheers for the info, Singapore was another we were looking at but hadn't known anyone who'd flown with them to get any feedback.
New plane does sound tempting, entertainment options are probably at the top of my list.
I fly with Singapore regularly. Excellent reputation, excellent service, excellent food, good entertainment options. One of my favourite airlines.