The random question thread

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Anyone know some basic bitch video editing software. All I need to do is take some security footage, and cut like 10 minutes off the front. Nothing flash, but typing "free" anything in to Google is a gateway to malware.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
Anyone know some basic bitch video editing software. All I need to do is take some security footage, and cut like 10 minutes off the front. Nothing flash, but typing "free" anything in to Google is a gateway to malware.
I've been using Any Video Converter for years now, but really I only use it to convert TV shows for the wife that are in a format that the crappy box in the bedroom won't play. There are HEAPS out there, but what you want is one that doesn't need to convert (and lose quality each time), but just clips the video. If you're in no rush I can check to see if AVC does that tonight.

Super Freak Super Freak probably uses more high-end stuff, but he might know.

Last edited:

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I've been using Any Video Converter for years now, but really I only use it to convert TV shows for the wife that are in a format that the crappy box in the bedroom won't play. There are HEAPS out there, but what you want is one that doesn't need to convert (and lose quality each time), but just clips the video. If you're in no rush I can check to see if AVC does that tonight.

Super Freak Super Freak probably uses more high-end stuff, but he might know.
QPS likely requesting the footage today.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
QPS likely requesting the footage today.
Well AVC will do it, it's just whether it will need to re-code it, meaning it will lose *some* quality even if you choose the same output specs as what it currently is. It's bug-free, but like with most free stuff you have to choose Custom installation to not install bloatware at the same time.

There is a paid version. Wink.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Avidemux.

It's a pretty straight forward program. No need to re-encode the video with that, so you won't lose any quality and it's free.. If you need help on how to use it, let me know.

If you need to re-encode the video, you could use Sony Vegas Pro. I've got that on my computer, so if you want that then let me know.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Avidemux.

It's a pretty straight forward program. No need to re-encode the video with that, so you won't lose any quality and it's free.. If you need help on how to use it, let me know.

If you need to re-encode the video, you could use Sony Vegas Pro. I've got that on my computer, so if you want that then let me know.
I just need to cut some bits out as the video shows customers and staff who the coppers don't need to see.

soup

State of Origin Rep
What’s your favourite girl’s names?

With a little girl coming in about 4 months, we are completely stuck. We expected a boy and had the perfect name picked out.

We want something that’s powerful and can compete with men, whilst embracing the feminine side. We’d love ‘Rose’ to be the middle name for family reasons, or ‘Lee’ as my partners middle name.

We don’t want to go stupid with it, but happy to go a bit left field. These are some of the names we’ve considered. Obviously some are a bit ‘out there’, but we’re brainstorming all options.

Help, please :)

2AAEB48A-510B-4209-B1E4-F9B73772E899.png

Last edited:

Horseheadsup

NRL Player

With a little girl coming in about 4 months, we are completely stuck. We expected a boy and had the perfect name picked out.

We want something that’s powerful and can compete with men, whilst embracing the feminine side. We’d love ‘Rose’ to be the middle name for family reasons, or ‘Lee’ as my partners middle name.

We don’t want to go stupid with it, but happy to go a bit left field. These are some of the names we’ve considered. Obviously some are a bit ‘out there’, but we’re brainstorming all options.

View attachment 5227
Lisa Lee.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
27.4° S, 153.0° E

Would obviously depend on the last name in terms of how it flows off the tongue, but River Rose _____ sounds prettttttty awesome.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Ha, but seriously, from that list I like Florence (old school, traditional type name, not overly done and Flo is a nice nickname) and Ellie has always been a name I like too.

Last edited:

soup

State of Origin Rep
Would obviously depend on the last name in terms of how it flows off the tongue, but River Rose _____ sounds prettttttty awesome.
Oh I really like it too, mate. River has so many innate connatations as to how life flows. My partner doesn’t love it, but I do!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter