The random question thread

soup

State of Origin Rep
Ha, but seriously, from that list I like Florence (old school, traditional type name, not overly done and Flo is a nice nickname) and Ellie has always been a name I like too.
I like the elegance of it, too.

I relied like Elkie, but I’ve got no hope on that one.

I also love Ellie.

soup

State of Origin Rep
My grandma’s middle name was Rose, my mother’s middle name is Ellen. My partner’s middle name is Lee.

Honesty is the best policy.

Jedhead

NRL Player
Anyone know what the text about Siebs was that caused a jouno to be stood down?

Last edited:

Rico

QCup Player
That’s actually quite beautiful. Thanks mate
I’m with ningers too. Ellie Rose is by far the best combo on your list there IMO.

Also with your partner. River not for me either its a celebs / bogan choice ..again only my two bobs worth (one of Cory Parker’s kids names from memory?)

Fozz

International Rep
Anyone know what the text about Siebs was that caused a jouno to be stood down?
JOURNO IN HOT WATER OVER SEIBS TEXT

An NRL-employed journalist has been temporarily stood down over an offensive message he accidentally sent to Brisbane coach Anthony Seibold.

Brisbane-based reporter Joel Gould inferred Seibold had lied in an interview with Fox Sports’ NRL 360 last week.

The text message he meant to send a colleague was sent to Broncos boss Seibold by mistake.

Following a complaint to NRL.com, Gould was told to take time off work by his editors.

He is expected to return to work later this week. The Daily Telegraph understands he has apologised to Seibold.

An NRL spokesman declined to comment.
Article from the Daily Telegraph

Last edited:

Super Freak

International Captain
Brisbane
Are you above them?

Step 1: Buy really big speakers.
Step 2: Get the most annoying music you can think of.
Step 3: Lay the speakers on the floor.
Step 4: Blare that music.
Step 5: Leave for a while.

Rinse and repeat. They will get the hint.

Strop

QCup Player
How would you guys word a letter to an apartment neighbour about loud/bassy music?
Perhaps you can go through your body corporate committee and have them notify the unit making the noise. Next step beyond that is making it an official complaint using the correct form, citing the bylaw they are infringing. It will be something about affecting the owners/tenants right to not have their lives impacted by undue noise or similar. People just don’t realise how bass travels through a building, so have the body corporate notify them directly and also get them to send out a building wide notice for people to be aware of how sound travels right through the structure and to pull their fucking heads in.

Clintos

NRL Captain
Around
Utilities. I need help.

I'm moving in 3 weeks and I want to sort all my own utilities (electricity + gas) to try and save some coin.

I know it's regulated now - but who's the best for price? What am I looking for?

Tariffs, supply charges, usage charges - wtf is happening here?

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Utilities. I need help.

I'm moving in 3 weeks and I want to sort all my own utilities (electricity + gas) to try and save some coin.

I know it's regulated now - but who's the best for price? What am I looking for?

Tariffs, supply charges, usage charges - wtf is happening here?
- Merged

Perhaps you can go through your body corporate committee and have them notify the unit making the noise. Next step beyond that is making it an official complaint using the correct form, citing the bylaw they are infringing. It will be something about affecting the owners/tenants right to not have their lives impacted by undue noise or similar. People just don’t realise how bass travels through a building, so have the body corporate notify them directly and also get them to send out a building wide notice for people to be aware of how sound travels right through the structure and to pull their fucking heads in.
Ta mate. I've done up a very informal, polite letter that I'll drop in their letterbox to give them a chance first.

If there's no real change, I'll be going to the body corp. I feel like they're not going to care either way, but maybe I'm just being cynical haha.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter

Upgrade to a Contributor Account to remove advertising