The random question thread

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
Do people swear more now? Or did the age bracket you find yourself in, always swear this much?
No for general swearing, always been commonplace IMO.

Back in the day, the F word was the ultimate, you just didn't use the C word ever. Like TonyTheJugoslav TonyTheJugoslav said, the C word is now everywhere, personally I don't like it, and I also don't like the fact that I now find myself muttering it quietly on the roads. But that's me, and I am a conservative old bore.

TonyTheJugoslav

QCup Player

Back in the day, the F word was the ultimate, you just didn't use the C word ever. Like TonyTheJugoslav TonyTheJugoslav said, the C word is now everywhere, personally I don't like it, and I also don't like the fact that I now find myself muttering it quietly on the roads. But that's me, and I am a conservative old bore.
In the beginning l did a lot of hospitality/building work and mate these ppl swear a lot. More recently been working in office environment and the higher you go more swearing is involved. Been in meetings were people were straight up nah that is fucked you dumb cunts fucked it up... People being served were earning minimum $150k but when the big dog barks there is no office etiquette.

Tom

State of Origin Rep

I have been chewed out by a woman for using the c-word. I was like fair enough I won't say it around you and apologized for my filthy mouth. About a week later I heard her using it, I just looked at her and shook my head. Some people get off on being offended I guess.

Allo

NRL Captain
Has anyone tried and gotten any value out of Skillshare or any similar websites?

Just want to learn some life skills that I should’ve learned as a teenager

soup

State of Origin Rep
need to piss clean brother, think that rules you out.
Nah, I’ve only had a quarter in the past year. I would piss clean easy.

Edit: It’s not that I don’t want to smoke, but life has proved easier without it.

Last edited:

Renegade

NRL Captain
Nah, I’ve only had a quarter in the past year. I would piss clean easy.

Edit: It’s not that I don’t want to smoke, but life has proved easier without it.
I reckon youd need it driving trains all day. The monotony would be excruciating.

Pay is good tho. Near 6 figures as a cadet before moving to like 110-120 after the grad program.

Last edited:

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
Anyone here a train driver or ever driven trains?

I have an opportunity to completely change careers...
Yep, that's me. I previously drove for QR but work in WA on the giant iron ore trains. I've driven all the various types from the Gulflander, Sunlander, Inlander, Westlander, coal trains, freight trains,track machines and through to the electrics. It's really a good career choice and financially rewarding. There are a few minor downsides including a sense of isolation, long periods of concentration and unfortunately for suburban drivers, suicides. The way to deal with them is full emergency stop, hang off the horn AND pull the blind down before contact! No need to have an image on endless mind loop!

Feel free to pm me for an experienced opinion, not a smartarse one though. I do recommend it overall.

Jedhead

NRL Player
I consider myself more of a lover than a fighter. So guys get confused when they try to start a fight with me and I pull my **** out.

Is this wrong?

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
I consider myself more of a lover than a fighter. So guys get confused when they try to start a fight with me and I pull my **** out.

Is this wrong?
Just next time you do it, make sure it's not on the footy field. You're lucky Korbin Sims wasn't playing.

soup

State of Origin Rep
Safety/work boots. Can anybody recommend the most comfortable brand/type of work boots please?

I need some ASAP for work but have never really bought any before so know very little.

They don’t need to be steel-capped which is great! I don’t mind spending up to $200 or so. They’ll be a tax write-off anyway.

If they could be easy to put on, for instance, zipper up the side, that would be great for my back. Ultimately though, nice and cushy soles would be best, especially with my back.

Thanks for any tips in advance :)

Last edited:

Jedhead

NRL Player
Safety/work boots. Can anybody recommend the most comfortable brand/type of work boots please?

I need some ASAP for work but have never really bought any before so know very little.

They don’t need to be steel-capped which is great! I don’t mind spending up to $200 or so. They’ll be a tax write-off anyway.

If they could be easy to put on, for instance, zipper up the side, that would be great for my back. Ultimately though, nice and cushy soles would be best, especially with my back.

Thanks for any tips in advance :)
I worked with mostly Samoan, Tongan and Maori boys and they all seem to swear by thongs mate. Very easy to get on and off too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter