The random question thread

Rico

QCup Player
Safety/work boots. Can anybody recommend the most comfortable brand/type of work boots please?

I need some ASAP for work but have never really bought any before so know very little.

They don’t need to be steel-capped which is great! I don’t mind spending up to $200 or so. They’ll be a tax write-off anyway.

If they could be easy to put on, for instance, zipper up the side, that would be great for my back. Ultimately though, nice and cushy soles would be best, especially with my back.

Thanks for any tips in advance :)
I’m running with mongrels soupie. Cushion sole and side zips like u want too. Bloody comfortable. I have to admit to being an office flog through the week but like to stick a pair on at weekends and do shit. See if u can grab a pair off gumtree or eBay for sub $100 after one or two wears.

soup

State of Origin Rep
Yeah, but where do you find the opportunities? I'm guessing you didn't just jump on Seek! ;)
Nah, it’s who you know. Often it’s just by talking to people and asking the right questions. Seek is a massive waste of time these days.

I did my HR license last year thinking it might come in handy one day and I guess it went from there. I’ve always thought it’d be pretty sweet to get paid to drive around and see parts of the country that I haven’t seen before. Plus with podcasts, audiobooks and music, it just seems pretty damned awesome.

Last edited:

soup

State of Origin Rep
I’m running with mongrels soupie. Cushion sole and side zips like u want too. Bloody comfortable. I have to admit to being an office flog through the week but like to stick a pair on at weekends and do shit. See if u can grab a pair off gumtree or eBay for sub $100 after one or two wears.
Good tip! I’ve heard they are pretty good.

Thanks Rico!

Last edited:

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Nah, it’s who you know. Often it’s just by talking to people and asking the right questions. Seek is a massive waste of time these days.

I did my HR license last year thinking it might come in handy one day and I guess it went from there. I’ve always thought it’d be pretty sweet to get paid to drive around and see parts of the country that I haven’t seen before. Plus with podcasts, audiobooks and music, it just seems pretty damned awesome.
You bloody bet it would! I'd absolutely love to do something like that, well in there mate.

Alec

International Rep
Anyone live or have lived in Toowoomba? I'm here for 10 weeks and possibly will be longer next year. I hear it's kinda boring, kinda crime heavy and the weather is all sorts of fucked (freezing in winter, boiling hot in summer)?

soup

State of Origin Rep
Anyone live or have lived in Toowoomba? I'm here for 10 weeks and possibly will be longer next year. I hear it's kinda boring, kinda crime heavy and the weather is all sorts of fucked (freezing in winter, boiling hot in summer)?
I wouldn’t say it’s boiling hot in Summer. It’s a dry heat. Some areas on the north are pretty crime heavy, not as bad on the Southern or Eastern sides.

It’s not as boring as it used to be. Plenty more happening these days.

soup

State of Origin Rep
If you need any tips or want to go for a beer, just PM me and we’ll sort something out.

soup

State of Origin Rep
Very surprised they don’t require steel caps for driving trucks

Old man is a truck driver and needs them (as do I for a similar industry)
Looks like I got a bumsteer originally, found out today that I do indeed need steelcaps. Lucky I haven’t bought boots yet.

soup

State of Origin Rep
Ended up with Mongrels mate. They were the only ones that suited my low arch and very wide feet. Bloody comfy and quite light.

Thanks for the help fellas!

image.jpg

Jedhead

NRL Player
Is it possible the NRL already have the eels pencilled in for a win?

Their site has lead today with two 'exclusives' on the eels and the Daily Tele has not one but three leading articles on them on their website.

They like to say in Sydney "when the eels are going alright, rugby league is going alright". It deadset looks to me like their walking blindly into the same shit sandwich we did last year with the dragons.

Torrid for the first 20 minutes and then we'll need to go up a gear to catch them on the hop.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter