The random question thread

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Ducted is worth it for the next to no noise alone for mine. I mean, I like saving money and all that, but when it comes to comfort, take my money, and don't make noise.

Jedhead

NRL Player
Ducted is worth it for the next to no noise alone for mine. I mean, I like saving money and all that, but when it comes to comfort, take my money, and don't make noise.
Roger that.

OK anyone on here know of a good mob who do installs?

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
Anyone done the Schnitzelmeister challenge at The Bavarian? Very strongly considering giving it a go.

Six stack of chicken parmy weighing one kilo, plus four sides of your choice.

View attachment 6873
No way! Last time I was there I had the Pork Knuckle and then finished my partner’s Pork Belly. I seriously paid for that for two weeks with blocked intestines. Lol.

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
I tried doing a six party + sides burger challenge once at Misty’s Diner in Melbourne, you have to finish it all in 15 mins. I failed...took 16 mins. Apparently the fastest ever was 2.45 mins and this thing was big!

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Peñíscola
I'll do it if you do. I reckon I'm a better-than-even chance.
reckon i'd do the schnitties no prob, not sure on the sides.
Well, I gave it a run tonight. Tougher than I expected! The waiter talked me out of my original choice of 2 x fries, 2 x mash for the sides, and I ended up with 2 x fries and 2 x garden salads (which were actually bloody massive). This is what I ended up with leftover:

IMG_20191219_212802.jpg
Just ham and solidified cheese.

It reached a point where the schnitzel started to taste disgusting to me (it was delicious to begin with) and I put it down to the cheese. I couldn't even smell the stuff at the end without feeling gross haha. Luckily the legends there said I'd done enough to get it for free, so I saved myself $80.

Didn't quite conquer it, but was happy with my effort. Think I'm done with food challenges now. The old stomach isn't as deep as it used to be.
Post automatically merged:

For perspective, this is how it arrived:

IMG_7644~2.jpg

Last edited:

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
Well, I gave it a run tonight. Tougher than I expected! The waiter talked me out of my original choice of 2 x fries, 2 x mash for the sides, and I ended up with 2 x fries and 2 x garden salads (which were actually bloody massive). This is what I ended up with leftover:

View attachment 6890

It reached a point where the schnitzel started to taste disgusting to me (it was delicious to begin with) and I put it down to the cheese. I couldn't even smell the stuff at the end without feeling gross haha. Luckily the legends there said I'd done enough to get it for free, so I saved myself $80.

Didn't quite conquer it, but was happy with my effort. Think I'm done with food challenges now. The old stomach isn't as deep as it used to be.

View attachment 6891
I’d be most worried about clogging up the loo after an effort like that. Well done!

abashii

NRL Player
Deep Didgeridoo
Anyone done the Schnitzelmeister challenge at The Bavarian? Very strongly considering giving it a go.

Six stack of chicken parmy weighing one kilo, plus four sides of your choice.

View attachment 6873
Shit yeah, I've thought about a few times. Reckon I could make a decent fist of it.

View attachment 6890

View attachment 6891
It's a lot of food though. I fear that same issue you ran into, solidified cheese and everything just tasting foul. That's a fair effort you put in.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I have now done three sizeable poops since last night's dinner. My poor arsehole.
There is a laxative you should always have handy for when you do food challenges. It’s the stuff they give people before they do a colonoscopy. It’s a powder and it tastes fucking awful but it flushes you out pretty damn well. Saves having to shit out bricks for the next 24 hours.

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
I need some drills. Mostly for wood work stuff, but occasionally for steel. I want cordless, and am happy to pay for quality. I’m using a couple of old drills that have outlived their lifespan. What do I buy?

Last edited:

Reds2011

BRL Player
I need some drills. Mostly for wood work stuff, but occasionally for steel. I want cordless, and am happy to pay for quality. I’m using a couple of old drills that have outlived their lifespan. What do I buy?
Not Ryobi is about all I can say. Neighbour has Milwaukee and seems pretty happy with them, priced accordingly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nerd

Twitter