The random question thread

Harry Sack

State of Origin Captain
Is it a faux pas to ask for people to 'pay their own way' at an engagement dinner?

The missus wants to have a party - but I'd rather save the $$ for honeymoon.
She suggested we just invite people to a dinner and ask them to pay for their own food & drinks.

I always thought that was frowned upon - but I really have NFI.
If you're not throwing a party and just going out for dinner, then I don't see a problem at all tbh. Especially if you ask people not to bring gifts. Depending on budget, maybe you could throw a couple of dollars on the bar if you feel bad about it?

Also, what do you mean by you "don't have the facilities to throw a party"? Space is the issue I assume?

Clintos

NRL Captain
Around
If you're not throwing a party and just going out for dinner, then I don't see a problem at all tbh. Especially if you ask people not to bring gifts. Depending on budget, maybe you could throw a couple of dollars on the bar if you feel bad about it?

Also, what do you mean by you "don't have the facilities to throw a party"? Space is the issue I assume?
Yeah, correct.

I live in a Townhouse - I have a little courtyard and that's it.

Allo

NRL Captain
Best inner Southside fish and chips shop? I’m lazy and would like suggestions for a Deliveroo dinner

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Captain
I used to be really into Twix but recently not. It's almost like they're more rich tasting than before? I dunno. I'm a KitKat and Kinder Bueno guy now.

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
So I took the challenge of the Twix late last night after telling the forum I haven't had one and I got to say I'm not the biggest fan tbh, it's good but plenty of better candy bars IMO.

Golden Roughs, now I could really go for ones of those.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michel nguyen

Members online

Twitter