The random question thread

Jedhead

NRL Player
Is anyone else having issues with trying to log their tips in the tipping comp?

I seem to be unable to 'save' my picks.

I did report it last night but not heard anything from admin yet.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Is anyone else having issues with trying to log their tips in the tipping comp?

I seem to be unable to 'save' my picks.

I did report it last night but not heard anything from admin yet.
My bad.

I forgot to go through each round and change the lock date. People had the same issue last week. I'll do it now.

Jedhead

NRL Player
So what was the deal with the rumour started on here the other day about maybe one of our guys contracting covid? Did I miss the outcome of it?

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
I said something the other day as I had some symptoms of a cold. Nothing has developed except for a few headaches and a non-related runny nose. I’m in self-isolation after work this week as I was in a danger zone I suppose. Sleeping in a different room and not kissing my family. Kinda sucks.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I said something the other day as I had some symptoms of a cold. Nothing has developed except for a few headaches and a non-related runny nose. I’m in self-isolation after work this week as I was in a danger zone I suppose. Sleeping in a different room and not kissing my family. Kinda sucks.
If the computer in said room? Kiss it instead.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Captain
Haha, it’s not but it’s flashing disco lights begging me to come party!

Teaser: context to be revealed when I’m not so fricking exhausted, but long story short, Kimlo Kimlo and Nashy Nashy are the Ryzen whisperers.
Guess I'm just a piece of fucking meat eh? Figures.

Disco lights? Corsair ML RGB fans I assume?

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
Do any of you tried and tested ways to relieve the muscle spasms in your shoulder/neck/upper back associated with a ‘kinked neck’?

I tend to always get them when I’ve been sitting at the computer too long or watching tv/tablet in bed when propers up on a couple of pillows.

I’ve done the Ibuprofen thing and it helps a bit for a couple of hours. I’ve also tried the hot wheat packs, hot showers, partner massaging the area, acupressure mats and those nobby balls to lean against. In the past I’ve had lots of physio and acupuncture with very mixed results.

This pain is fucking killing me and has done for three days now, compounded by running uni tutorials via zoom, instead of walking around a classroom. I have this awesome new computer and plenty of new games and can’t bring myself to enjoy them as it exacerbates the problem and pain.

EDIT: I should mention that I’ve had these problems for more than decade (probably since my car accident) and it may only happen once or twice a year, but this kinked neck can remain for days, weeks and often stays for up to three months. That’s why I want to get on top of it. Three months is just crippling.

Will try Valium next as it’s a muscle relaxant, but I hate relying on meds.

Last edited:

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Do any of you tried and tested ways to relieve the muscle spasms in your shoulder/neck/upper back associated with a ‘kinked neck’?

I tend to always get them when I’ve been sitting at the computer too long or watching tv/tablet in bed when propers up on a couple of pillows.

I’ve done the Ibuprofen thing and it helps a bit for a couple of hours. I’ve also tried the hot wheat packs, hot showers, partner massaging the area, acupressure mats and those nobby balls to lean against. In the past I’ve had lots of physio and acupuncture with very mixed results.

This pain is fucking killing me and has done for three days now, compounded by running uni tutorials via zoom, instead of walking around a classroom. I have this awesome new computer and plenty of new games and can’t bring myself to enjoy them as it exacerbates the problem and pain.
How is your workplace setup? Do you have correct height desk, and a chair that supports good posture?

Renegade

NRL Captain

Nah but if you find out let me know. My ergonomics are fucked at home but i've shelled out close 1k with the monitors and gfx card for my wfh, I don't really wanna go buy a new office suite either. My neck starts burning after about 3-4 hours.

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
How is your workplace setup? Do you have correct height desk, and a chair that supports good posture?
No, this is definitely the cause. In my home office so it’s a bit of a basic desk and old office chair setup. Talked to Kimlo Kimlo last night about a great chair. Will be investing.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
No, this is definitely the cause. In my home office so it’s a bit of a basic desk and old office chair setup. Talked to Kimlo Kimlo last night about a great chair. Will be investing.
Hazard a guess it was the Titan.... :-p Another area the nerds disagree is on our seating 😶

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player

EDIT: I should mention that I’ve had these problems for more than decade (probably since my car accident) and it may only happen once or twice a year, but this kinked neck can remain for days, weeks and often stays for up to three months. That’s why I want to get on top of it. Three months is just crippling.

Will try Valium next as it’s a muscle relaxant, but I hate relying on meds.
Talk to your doctor about a steroidal anti-inflammatory like prednisolone. If it’s only a couple of times a year this stuff is awesome.

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
Talk to your doctor about a steroidal anti-inflammatory like prednisolone. If it’s only a couple of times a year this stuff is awesome.
Will do. In the meantime, like Nashy Nashy said, I need to get to the cause so that I can stop the problem from reoccurring. It really only happens a couple of times a year because I do my best to avoid sitting at the computer so much these days.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.