The random question thread

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
Gotta be careful with this shit though, have to ween yourself off it slowly otherwise it fucks your adrenal glands. I was on prednisone for 6 months or so due to issues with my sacroilliac joint.
Absolutely. Can lower your immune system as well and make you more prone to infection but short courses every now and then are very effective at dealing with inflammation.

Clintos

NRL Captain
Around
Does anyone know where I can buy a webcam by Thursday? I have a heap of Zoom meetings over the next week or so and I can't find my old webcam - lost in my last move I'd say.

JB, Harvey Norman, Officeworks near me have all sold out (with exception to the super expensive ones). I don't want anything fancy - under $100 and built in mic.

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
Does anyone know where I can buy a webcam by Thursday? I have a heap of Zoom meetings over the next week or so and I can't find my old webcam - lost in my last move I'd say.

JB, Harvey Norman, Officeworks near me have all sold out (with exception to the super expensive ones). I don't want anything fancy - under $100 and built in mic.
I believe there is a way to use your smartphone as a webcam via zoom. I haven’t done it but my students assure me it works. There’s an icon in the bottom toolbar in zoom to use your smartphone/tablet.
EDIT: it will also potentially use the mic. You can also screen share.

Last edited:

Renegade

NRL Captain
I believe there is a way to use your smartphone as a webcam via zoom. I haven’t done it but my students assure me it works. There’s an icon in the bottom toolbar in zoom to use your smartphone/tablet.
EDIT: it will also potentially use the mic. You can also screen share.
can confirm, was on a zoom call last night with the inlaws for a nieces birthday.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Zoom is great on the phone. On PC, you can use Google Hangouts if Zoom is struggling as well.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Zoom is banned from some of the biggest companies on the planet because of their horrible security policies, no end to end encyption and general BS nature when it comes to security. Never mind the "accidental" routing of meetings to China.

Why on Earth are people still using it? And why aren't employees sticking to their rights and telling their management to go **** themselves? You have the right to privacy in the workplace as much as you do at home, especially since this shitty program is likely being deployed, in your home.

Last edited:

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Zoom is banned from some of the biggest companies on the planet because of their horrible security policies, no end to end encyption and general BS nature when it comes to security. Never mind the "accidental" routing of meetings to China.

Why on Earth are people still using it? And why aren't employees sticking to their rights and telling their management to go **** themselves? You have the right to privacy in the workplace as much as you do at home, especially since this shitty program is likely being deployed, in your home.
Zoom is encrypted, at least the paid version is.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Zoom is encrypted, at least the paid version is.
You misunderstood me. Zoom is not END to END encrypted.

Given your comment, you really really need to go read up on them, and just why places like NASA, SpaceX, the FBI and CIA have banned it. Some of those under national security.

Because it's not end to end, which means the data that went to China, can be viewed with the keys... Held by... Zoom.

It's not safe. You need to be more diligent.

Given your comment, you really really need to go read up on them, and just why places like NASA, SpaceX, the FBI and CIA have banned it. Some of those under national security.

Because it's not end to end, which means the data that went to China, can be viewed with the keys... Held by... Zoom.

👆I like this guy👆

Sproj

International Rep
Staff

Yeah fair enough. It is what it is. I don't use it for super important meetings but for day to day stuff, it is fine. Though there are better options out there for sure. I mean, even WhatsApp is more secure to be honest.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Yeah fair enough. It is what it is. I don't use it for super important meetings but for day to day stuff, it is fine. Though there are better options out there for sure. I mean, even WhatsApp is more secure to be honest.
Yes, it absolutely is more secure. They have end to end, as does Facebook, Teams, Skype, etc.

But the new player on the block takes off without question. It's not good.

People complain about privacy breaches, but don't seem to do shit to protect themselves.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teak1983

Members online

No members online now.

Twitter