The random question thread

LittleDavey83

NRL Player
Bundy
Have had 2 of those Aldi eye fillets recently...not exactly what I was expecting but still pretty damn good for $20. Got 5-6 steaks from each.

Rubbed with fresh rosemary / oregano /basil from the garden, sea salt, cracked pepper, dried garlic...quick brush with oil...seared on the BBQ then onto the grill, low-medium heat til cooked how you like it (med-rare of course). Perfect.

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
Have had 2 of those Aldi eye fillets recently...not exactly what I was expecting but still pretty damn good for $20. Got 5-6 steaks from each.

Rubbed with fresh rosemary / oregano /basil from the garden, sea salt, cracked pepper, dried garlic...quick brush with oil...seared on the BBQ then onto the grill, low-medium heat til cooked how you like it (med-rare of course). Perfect.
Just about to do the un-shrinkwrapping now... I feel there should be a drumroll. I’ll improvise with my less than average beatboxing skills.

I love fresh garlic with lamb, but I might go with garlic and sage. Sage and browned butter is a match made in heaven.

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
image.jpg
I’m not sure what to make of it? Looks a bit like a tenderloin to me. The thin end was tucked up underneath to give it the classic eye shape.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Captain
They certainly give you the tail end of it that's for sure. I was pretty lucky I think with the ones that I got. Seemed a lot longer than what you have there. It's still delicious and tender but did require a little trimming of that silver skin on the right. If I'm eating steak though, it's rib fillet all the way.

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
Personally I would have sealed it but gotta say it looks delicious. Those are some big oregano leaves, how big is the plant?
Nah that’s sage, and the plant is enormous. I did sear it to seal it first. I took it off the heat for a bit, then melted some (Lots) butter in the skillet with the juices. Cooked low-medium for about 25mins (gas)., basting every few minutes and turning every 5.

Man, that was exceptional. It was definitely good quality eye fillet, it just was the end and not trimmed. It was exactly medium-rare if not closer to rare, just how I like it and melted like butter in your mouth. Crispy outside too. Fucking ace, will do again, weekly.

Nah that’s sage, and the plant is enormous. I did sear it to seal it first. I took it off the heat for a bit, then melted some (Lots) butter in the skillet with the juices. Cooked low-medium for about 25mins (gas)., basting every few minutes and turning every 5.

Man, that was exceptional. It was definitely good quality eye fillet, it just was the end and not trimmed. It was exactly medium-rare if not closer to rare, just how I like it and melted like butter in your mouth. Crispy outside too. Fucking ace, will do again, weekly.
****, now I gotta go to Aldi!

Renegade

NRL Captain
Anyone had LASIK done? Getting it done on Tuesday, apart from the info pack, what else to expect apart from shit being bright for a while and my eyes feeling like they have sand in them for a week?

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Anyone had LASIK done? Getting it done on Tuesday, apart from the info pack, what else to expect apart from shit being bright for a while and my eyes feeling like they have sand in them for a week?
Let us know how it goes mate, I've been considering it for a while.

Renegade

NRL Captain
Let us know how it goes mate, I've been considering it for a while.
I'm going through Dr Lenton at Vision Eye Institute at Auchenflower - 5500 for both eyes.

Free consult too, I didn't explicitly agree to getting it done prior, I just said i wanted to get them checked out to see if I was a candidate and went from there.

heartly87

QCup Player
Can anyone tell me how to get my gif Avatar to function. Don't know why it has just started to bother me haha but I can't fix it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarntheBroncos

Twitter