The right to bag stuff out

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
So I got the job, which is good. I'm really looking forward to starting there. It's such a sad feeling to be leaving the family business though. I've been there for twelve years. It feels like a lifetime, and it's been so good.
Really happy you got the job mate, good luck with it!

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
Hope your folks are okay mate. My old man almost had a complete nervous breakdown when he decided to finish up his long running business. Once it was all said and done, he was never happier.

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
North Brisbane
Heck, I didn't know Black Philip Black Philip worked there!

You all out of the surveying game now mate? I remember you did an internship or some shit and you hated it. Possibly you were in London? My memory is hazy haha.
Yeah I haven't been a Quantity Surveyor for some time now mate. You're right, I did hate it hahah I only really did it because of pressure from my old man. I was in London for the better part of 2 years but didn't enjoy my time there unfortunately, the career was consuming me. 70 hour weeks in an occupation you don't like with pretty ordinary pay made for sad times.

After 8 years in it I figured enough was enough and Nashy Nashy was kind enough to hook me up with the job at UT a few years back so I could take a step away from it. Now I study part time while I help out at UT. I'm currently about 3/4 of the way through an Urban Planning degree (what Krissel did).

Last edited:

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Around
Congrats Nashy Nashy on the new gig. Sometimes you just have to make the tough decisions and look after yourself and your family above all else.

Agree about recruiters. All dodgy bastards. If you could see some of the shit that goes on behind the scenes you'd lose it. Haha

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Congrats Nashy Nashy on the new gig. Sometimes you just have to make the tough decisions and look after yourself and your family above all else.

Agree about recruiters. All dodgy bastards. If you could see some of the shit that goes on behind the scenes you'd lose it. Haha
I'm still local, so should still be able to get a sweet discount for those who see me ;-)

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Around
I'm still local, so should still be able to get a sweet discount for those who see me ;-)
I don't have the ol' faithful VW anymore. Bought a new car about 2 months ago so obligated to return to dealers unfortunately.

Last edited:

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Around
That's just what they lie and tell you that you have to do. Legally, it's a different story.
Can you elaborate? I was told my roadside assistance and manufacturer warranty would be voided if I didn't stick to dealer service. It's a Kia btw if that matters.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Can you elaborate? I was told my roadside assistance and manufacturer warranty would be voided if I didn't stick to dealer service. It's a Kia btw if that matters.
Would need to read the terms on roadside, but they legally cannot void your new car warranty so long as we follow what they want.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nerd

Twitter