The right to bag stuff out

Allo

NRL Captain
Techno versions or remixes of iconic songs. Write your own shit and stop destroying classics you untalented hacks.
I need only one hand to count the number of remixes I like.

Last edited:

Allo

NRL Captain
Fucking "music" at all these days (cue old man yells at cloud).

There seems to be hardly anything that's untouched by Autotune. I mean, it's pretty fucking easy to hear when something's been altered. They should release versions where the singing hasn't been edited, just so I can rage harder and point at kids and say "see how shit they are without their computers?!?!?!?".
I don’t mind if it’s an artistic choice like Kanye on 808s though. If it’s just to fix the lack of vocal ability then yeah it’s shit

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
It's the lack of variety that stands out more than anything else. There's not enough Tones and People to shake the charts up so what you end with is a lot of acts who sound similar to one another.

I don't necessarily think the 2000s were better, but even they had some variety so chances were you'd come across a song on the radio you might like.

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba
I think that’s why I love James Blake so much. No auto-tune on that voice, just pure brilliance. The rest is all on computer, and I love it. Still very organic sounding.

Clintos

NRL Captain
Around
Well I hope you don’t like anything made after 1985 then. But seriously where do you draw the line when it comes to ‘made on a computer’?
Quite literally music that has been made on a computer. If there's not someone physically playing an instrument then I'm not a fan.

Obviously things need to be digitally edited and mixed etc these days, but auto tune and digital instruments are rubbish.

But yes - some of my favourite albums came out pre-1985. That's before I was born FYI.

abashii

NRL Player
Deep Didgeridoo
Quite literally music that has been made on a computer. If there's not someone physically playing an instrument then I'm not a fan.

Obviously things need to be digitally edited and mixed etc these days, but auto tune and digital instruments are rubbish.

But yes - some of my favourite albums came out pre-1985. That's before I was born FYI.
How about something like Daft Punk? They're (imo at least) quite talented but almost all of their music is created on or heavily modified by a computer.

Clintos

NRL Captain
Around
How about something like Daft Punk? They're (imo at least) quite talented but almost all of their music is created on or heavily modified by a computer.
I'll admit I listened to them a bit in my school days. They're certainly talented and possibly an exception to the rule given they arguably started the movement. I admire their work, but I wouldn't choose to listen to them. It's not my genre.

As a hard and fast rule; no guitar = no listen.

Allo

NRL Captain
I'll admit I listened to them a bit in my school days. They're certainly talented and possibly an exception to the rule given they arguably started the movement. I admire their work, but I wouldn't choose to listen to them. It's not my genre.

As a hard and fast rule; no guitar = no listen.
So do synths, like Moogs or the DX7 count?

What about something like ‘Since I Left You’ by the Avalanches? Made pretty much entirely from samples

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba
**** the flu!

I’ve worked the last 3 nights with a pounding head, nose running like a busted water pipe, throat on fire and insane fevers where I’m constantly switching between turning the heater to 26 degrees, then aircon at 16 degrees.

Went to my chest within a day and I ended up spewing out the window multiple times while driving at 110k’s. Let’s just say that the side of my face copped more spew than where I was aiming.

Took the rest of the week off to try and get on top of it.

How are you going Sproj Sproj? Have your tests come back?

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
**** the flu!

I’ve worked the last 3 nights with a pounding head, nose running like a busted water pipe, throat on fire and insane fevers where I’m constantly switching between turning the heater to 26 degrees, then aircon at 16 degrees.

Went to my chest within a day and I ended up spewing out the window multiple times while driving at 110k’s. Let’s just say that the side of my face copped more spew than where I was aiming.

Took the rest of the week off to try and get on top of it.

How are you going Sproj Sproj? Have your tests come back?
My tests were negative happily. It was just a poorly timed cold. You sound like you have all the symptoms of it though. You had any contact to anyone who has been sick?

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba
My tests were negative happily. It was just a poorly timed cold. You sound like you have all the symptoms of it though. You had any contact to anyone who has been sick?
It had crossed my mind mate, but no I haven’t been in the firing line so I’m pretty confident it’s not Coronavirus.

Great to hear that you are clear!!

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
Brought a fucking nasty bug back from Bali. Have been shitting water for 5 days, and am now at the hospital to be put on a drip and get tested...
I'm an absolute **** sorry mate...been laughing for 5 mins. Do hope you feel better soon though. Shitting through the eye of a needle is never pleasant, especially after having to wipe for the 5th time in an hour. At least it kicked in when you got home and not on the plane.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter