The right to bag stuff out

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I have a Schmick membership. They generally fix that kind of damage and small paint scratches and/or chips for $50 per repair.

I had a similar issue with my wheel and after they fixed it, you can't see any damage at all.
How'd they go with the BMW doors...?

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
Third Rock from the Sun
How'd they go with the BMW doors...?
Too extensive and deep to completely fix, but most was polished away. The guy said it would be worse to try to fix the parts deeper than the paint layer, and the only way to properly fix it would be to repaint the front panel and door(s), which would cost thousands with this paint.
It's almost invisible now though and fortunately not down to the metal anywhere, so I've left it that way, but I hate the mofos that did it just out of pure spite and jealousy. 🤬

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Took my car down to the car wash to give the inside a good clean and vacuum because I don't have an extension cord long enough to do it at home and don't have a cordless which I really should get.

One of the workers comes up and says they can sanitize the interior, which would just be spray and wipe with a rag, for $30.

Trying to cash in on the hysteria it seems. I don’t blame them really. I just think $30 is a bit steep for a 2 minute job wiping down the interior trim with a spray and rag.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
People cracking the shits that they can't have their coffee in a mug and their sandwich on a plate. How the **** are people not aware of this shit?
This is the problem, there are still a lot of people who aren't taking this seriously. I am certainly against hysteria and stupidity but it also works the other way. Some people are just taking it too relaxed and they could end up passing it to other purely out of selfishness.

I was in a cafe the other day and some idiot came in coughing up a storm and sat in the middle of the cafe. He was coughing absolutely non-stop (this is not an exaggeration) and so every other patron got up and left understandably. So he may or may not have it but it made everyone stressed and put the workers unnecessarily at risk, as well as resulting in people not staying and buying products at a time when local businesses need all the money they can get.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Has all non-essential travel been banned?

I know someone that was going up to Gympie from the Southside to visit his sick mother (doesn't have the virus) and check in on her. He got pulled over by the cops and told to turn around and go home. They wouldn’t let him go any further.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff

I know someone that was going up to Gympie from the Southside to visit his sick mother (doesn't have the virus) and check in on her. He got pulled over by the cops and told to turn around and go home. They wouldn’t let him go any further.
Yep, that was one of the PM's calls last night. Work, fine. Shops, fine. Anything else, not fine.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane

Nah there isn't. It likely wasn't an official direction, but more along the lines of "Mate, we have no cases up here, your mum is old, don't be a fuckwit and go the **** home and ring her"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.