The right to bag stuff out

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏

God articles like this give me the shits..

1585465004480.png
1585465015912.png
1585465044479.png
1585465062927.png

No pre-existing medical conditions?? How about the fact that he's clearly 150kg+?

30 kilos of muscle??? LMAO

People who write articles like this genuinely deserve to lose their job.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Australia's Social Security system. It's fucking disgusting that they just automatically give everyone already in benefits money, without lifting a finger.

Maybe I'm selfish because I can't get any help because my wife earns a little over the new doubled threshold, as if it fucking matters when you live within your means of two wages. I paid over 250k tax in my tenure at Ultra Tune, when I need help, I can't even get a blue card.

The worst thing. There are people so many worse than me, in the same boat. No assistance, and no access to JobKeeper.

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
Australia's Social Security system. It's fucking disgusting that they just automatically give everyone already in benefits money, without lifting a finger.

Maybe I'm selfish because I can't get any help because my wife earns a little over the new doubled threshold, as if it fucking matters when you live within your means of two wages. I paid over 250k tax in my tenure at Ultra Tune, when I need help, I can't even get a blue card.

The worst thing. There are people so many worse than me, in the same boat. No assistance, and no access to JobKeeper.
It is probably a good wake up call for many of us to live within our means better, including the government and commercial enterprises like the NRL. That’s the only takeaway I can see.

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba

If you weren’t already married, I would have recommended saying that you are gay and living in a share house...

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
It is probably a good wake up call for many of us to live within our means better, including the government and commercial enterprises like the NRL. That’s the only takeaway I can see.
I mean, where do you stop? We live within our means, we aren't behind in anything, we have debt like anyone, we keep up to date, our loans are reducing as they should. Take an entire wage away, it makes it tough.

I'm in a different boat though, I haven't been laid off because of COVID, as you know, UT sold, I hated the next two, so decided to become a better looking Kimlo Kimlo. That contract ended Friday too. I had savings. I worked a lot of years and got a good payout, but it's almost gone too.

I just don't understand how people already claiming, get it, without question, without need. If you were able to survive all these years on the dole, why do we give them more? Because they'll spend it in the economy. I promise I'll spend it too Scomo. ****.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
I hear you. People who are already entirely funded by benefits, have no risk to their income being depleted or destroyed. Why do they need their income doubled? My in-laws were already sitting at home, doing nothing but watching netflix, while their lawns continued to grow and their rare ventures out were to get cigarettes. They have been impacted precisely zero by the virus, except that they are now VIP's at certain times of the day when they purchase those cigarettes.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
Agree with soup soup about a wake-up call to living within our own means. For that to happen, we need to prepare for a rainy day (or 6 months). Instead of spending every available cent we have, buying stuff just so we can compete with our neighbours or our peers or whatever Instagram reality we aspire to, some of that needs to go away in case of emergency.

But, someone made an interesting point. Along the lines of, that households have crumbled financially after a matter of weeks with reduced income or loss of jobs. Yet no one is calling out the billion-dollar companies who have been raking in millions, for years, all of a sudden crying poor and having to lay off staff because the economy caught the flu.

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
I can't speak on how they act in China, because I've never been there. But in terms of Chinese people living in Australia, they're comfortably the most obnoxious and least respectful people I encounter on a daily basis. This begins to change once they've lived in Australia for 'x' amount of years, because they start adapting to our social norms, but prior to that, wow.

On the contrary, Japanese and South Korean people I encounter are always lovely people, no matter if they've lived here for 30 years or if they got here last week.
Shifted from the Covid forum because it's getting off track

I used to think similarly until I worked a few things out.
When quoting I always add say $20 when I know I am speaking with Chinese people. they invariably try and talk you down. So you knock $20 off the price and if you do a really good job they will tip you. Go figure, it a genuine pattern.
Fijian Indians on the other hand sheeesh , just cunts almost to a man. They lie about the size of their houses, try and bargain the price after the completion and just generally think their shit doesn't stink.
I will not do business with them if I know they are from Fiji.

Last edited:

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Shifted from the Covid forum because it's getting off track

I used to think similarly until I worked a few things out.
When quoting I always add say $20 when I know I am speaking with Chinese people. they invariably try and talk you down. So you knock $20 off the price and if you do a really good job they will tip you. Go figure, it a genuine pattern.
Fijian Indians on the other hand sheeesh , just cunts almost to a man. They lie about the size of their houses, try and bargain the price after the completion and just generally think their shit doesn't stink.
My mortal enemy in high school was a fijian indian bloke, so, you don't need to convince me of that.

He genuinely got me suspended one time by telling the vice-principal that I punched him in the back of the head when we were playing footy (blatant lie), he even went to the doctor and came back with a doctors certificate that said he had a "severe concussion" (despite never losing consciousness and me never even making contact with his head)

Remarkable.

Allo

NRL Captain
The clue is in the second half of that heritage

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.