The right to bag stuff out

Tom

State of Origin Captain
When you are chilling in the passenger seat of a car in a parking lot waiting for someone and have the door open and your leg hanging out and there are a hundred empty spaces but someone feels the need to park right next to you, forcing you to abandon your comfy position. So rude.

Fozz

International Rep
Staff

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Maybe he was looking up legit budgie smuggling, one of the world's...strangest...professions?

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
Turns out we are eligible for the Jobkeeper after all. "So why are you posting this in the Bag Stuff Out" thread, I hear you ask?

Because one of the staff members we stood down due to lack of work is choosing to not return back to work, because she is getting just as much money not working. Once rent assistance etc is added in, she gets the same money sitting at home as she would putting in a 40 hour week.

The Government has done a pretty good job, all things considered, and some stuff had to be implemented without time for a 10 Month Committee Meeting to take place. But, for mine, I would say that if someone is eligible to come back to work, on full pay, and has been requested to do so by their employer, they shouldn't get to choose to decline and still get a fat handout.

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Turns out we are eligible for the Jobkeeper after all. "So why are you posting this in the Bag Stuff Out" thread, I hear you ask?

Because one of the staff members we stood down due to lack of work is choosing to not return back to work, because she is getting just as much money not working. Once rent assistance etc is added in, she gets the same money sitting at home as she would putting in a 40 hour week.

The Government has done a pretty good job, all things considered, and some stuff had to be implemented without time for a 10 Month Committee Meeting to take place. But, for mine, I would say that if someone is eligible to come back to work, on full pay, and has been requested to do so by their employer, they shouldn't get to choose to decline and still get a fat handout.
I get it but didn't you stand her down because of no work. How can you all of a sudden have work when the Government is picking up the bill.
I mean if you cut the hours back to 10 or 20 then she would have to keep doing those hours and she would still get full jobkeeper.
When jobkeeper finishes you will have to decide if you keep her on or get someone else so you could leverage that and let her know not to come knocking when it's all over.
Am I missing something.

Last edited:

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
Some sick bastards have been hitting various epilepsy foundation twitters and facebooks deliberately posting gif files designed to trigger seizures, already had some seizures caused by it. I'm lucky not to be triggered by these type of seizures but really feel for those that suffer them.

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Captain
Some sick bastards have been hitting various epilepsy foundation twitters and facebooks deliberately posting gif files designed to trigger seizures, already had some seizures caused by it. I'm lucky not to be triggered by these type of seizures but really feel for those that suffer them.
There are some real massive germs out there among us, and that Corona thing is pretty nasty too

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
I'm bagging out the Main Roads dept......

They put together a rolling barricade up the M1 from about Ormeau to Beenleigh earlier tonight. Mixture of trucks and utes spread across the entire 4 lanes....flashing lights and signs. We were doing 20k for most of it.....!! Warning Debris on the Road!!

Then.....they just took an exit and veered off . Traffic sped back up...........no sign of anything ever having happened on the road ahead.

WTF ??

Last edited:

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
I'm bagging out the Main Roads dept......

They put together a rolling barricade up the M1 from about Ormeau to Beenleigh earlier tonight. Mixture of trucks and utes spread across the entire 4 lanes....flashing lights and signs. We were doing 20k for most of it.....!! Warning Debris on the Road!!

Then.....they just took an exit and veered off . Traffic sped back up...........no sign of anything ever having happened on the road ahead.

WTF ??
Mate im guessing here but they probably delayed the traffic instead of setting up a block while another crew cleaned up whatever was on the rd. Keeps thinks moving and less likely to have a rear ender

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teak1983

Members online

Twitter