The right to bag stuff out

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
I get it but didn't you stand her down because of no work. How can you all of a sudden have work when the Government is picking up the bill.
I mean if you cut the hours back to 10 or 20 then she would have to keep doing those hours and she would still get full jobkeeper.
When jobkeeper finishes you will have to decide if you keep her on or get someone else so you could leverage that and let her know not to come knocking when it's all over.
Am I missing something.
Yeah, just like you said. We don't have enough work to be able to pay her full-time, but there is a good 10 to 20 hours we could really use her for - I've been picking up the slack and doing 60 - 70 hour weeks in the meantime.

It is short-sighted on her behalf, as there's not much chance we're going to re-instate her when the jobkeeper / benefits stop. It just flies in the face of what the government is trying to do to help small business.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Turns out we are eligible for the Jobkeeper after all. "So why are you posting this in the Bag Stuff Out" thread, I hear you ask?

Because one of the staff members we stood down due to lack of work is choosing to not return back to work, because she is getting just as much money not working. Once rent assistance etc is added in, she gets the same money sitting at home as she would putting in a 40 hour week.

The Government has done a pretty good job, all things considered, and some stuff had to be implemented without time for a 10 Month Committee Meeting to take place. But, for mine, I would say that if someone is eligible to come back to work, on full pay, and has been requested to do so by their employer, they shouldn't get to choose to decline and still get a fat handout.
Currently they don't have to prove they can't work, or show they're applying. Once those checks are back, they won't get payments.

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Yeah, just like you said. We don't have enough work to be able to pay her full-time, but there is a good 10 to 20 hours we could really use her for - I've been picking up the slack and doing 60 - 70 hour weeks in the meantime.

It is short-sighted on her behalf, as there's not much chance we're going to re-instate her when the jobkeeper / benefits stop. It just flies in the face of what the government is trying to do to help small business.
Yep agree with all that. Most people would be keen to show they are a good employee , grateful you applied for the job keeper on their behalf and sick of being at home by now.

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Currently they don't have to prove they can't work, or show they're applying. Once those checks are back, they won't get payments.
That's jobseeker mate.
Jobkeeper is what Morkel Morkel has his employee on.
I think once you have qualified then you're in for the full ride of 6 months at $1500 a fortnight.
I don't think you even need to prove your figures again after you qualify

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
The job keeper scheme is so badly done which is funny considering the Liberals usually talk a big game about not giving out free money.

Why the **** would you give a minimum $1500 a fortnight to even part time workers who weren't making that anyway?

And then why would you give people who were on the dole long before this happened a full 550 a fortnight supplement. Surely $50-$100 a fortnight is plenty and keep 50 of that permanently.

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
The job keeper scheme is so badly done which is funny considering the Liberals usually talk a big game about not giving out free money.

Why the **** would you give a minimum $1500 a fortnight to even part time workers who weren't making that anyway?

And then why would you give people who were on the dole long before this happened a full 550 a fortnight supplement. Surely $50-$100 a fortnight is plenty and keep 50 of that permanently.
Agree it's far from perfect but they had to roll it out so quickly otherwise there would have been a massive collapse.
The doubling of the dole was dumb though. Those people didnt have a change in their situation so why should they get double.
There was a story on ACA about how those people will find it tough to go back to normal .
One bloke was complaining how he would have to go back to living off 2 min noodles but had his arms full of Nintendo shit which he had just bought with his first $700 lump sum.
It's no wonder the workers get cynical.

Last edited:

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
Agree it's far from perfect but they had to roll it out so quickly otherwise there would have been a massive collapse.
The doubling of the dole was dumb though. Those people didnt have a change in their situation so why should they get double.
There was a story on ACA about how those people will find it tough to go back to normal .
One bloke was complaining how he would have to go back to living off 2 min noodles but had his arms full of Nintendo shit which he had just bought with his first $700 lump sum.
That’s the exact reason the lower paid or even dole bludgers were given the money - because they were the most likely to spend the money in order to stimulate the economy.

Last edited:

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
That’s the exact reason the lower paid or even dole bludgers were given the money - because they were the most likely to spend the money in order to stimulate the economy.
For 1 there wasn't that many places to spend it and 2 if you're bitching about being short and having to eat noodles then you get given double money and a lump sum you're not really building a case for needing ongoing increased dole when the first thing you do is blow it on computer games.
Granted, it was 1 example probably put there to cause outrage but it worked.
All I could say was dumb ****.
At least keep it to yourself.

Last edited:

Tom

State of Origin Captain
Has anyone accessed their super? What's the process? Do you just ring/email them and tell them you want it?

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Has anyone accessed their super? What's the process? Do you just ring/email them and tell them you want it?
I have. Go to the ATO website, there's a sub menu at the top for corona virus early super release, you submit the form, it's just an online form, 3 days later I got a text saying super release is approved, and about 4 business days later the money was in my account.

Reactions: Tom

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Pretty much and then they tell you yay or nay pretty quickly. But you can only access 10k I believe. I haven't had to do it thankfully but some I know have.

Reactions: Tom

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I guess what I don't understand about that is why pensioners and the disabled don't get the supplement. If 2x 750 payments is good enough for them why not for the long term unemployed?

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
I guess what I don't understand about that is why pensioners and the disabled don't get the supplement. If 2x 750 payments is good enough for them why not for the long term unemployed?
Anyone already getting a centrelink payment of any sort get the supplement

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
NZ managed to get theirs sorted a bit better I thought.

Tom

State of Origin Captain
Not how I read it. Pensioners and disability payment only get an extra 750 supplement but not the 550 a fortnight.
people on disability already get something up around the 1100 mark I heard. I'm not certain though.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
That's jobseeker mate.
Jobkeeper is what Morkel Morkel has his employee on.
I think once you have qualified then you're in for the full ride of 6 months at $1500 a fortnight.
I don't think you even need to prove your figures again after you qualify
Nah, she's on Jobseeker (ironically). We've only just now managed to prove we were eligible for Keeper, she's been on Jobseeker this whole time and we sure as **** won't be applying to put her on Jobkeeper if she doesn't want to work.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
For the past 8 years I've been seeing a girl on and off. We agreed a couple of months ago we would give it one more final try.

Last night things ended because I told her I was having doubts about whether I still wanted to be with her. I told her I didn't feel like I was attracted to her anymore and I didn't feel like I was in love with her anymore.

She put on a brave face but I know that would have killed her. I know it would have broke her. I just feel like the biggest piece of shit alive.

Probably shouldn't post this, but I guess this post is just more about getting it off my chest.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teak1983

Members online

No members online now.

Twitter