The right to bag stuff out

lynx000

NRL Captain
Waiting to win lotto
For the past 8 years I've been seeing a girl on and off. We agreed a couple of months ago we would give it one more final try.

Last night things ended because I told her I was having doubts about whether I still wanted to be with her. I told her I didn't feel like I was attracted to her anymore and I didn't feel like I was in love with her anymore.

She put on a brave face but I know that would have killed her. I know it would have broke her. I just feel like the biggest piece of shit alive.

Probably shouldn't post this, but I guess this post is just more about getting it off my chest.
Mate, at least you werehonest and up front with her, rather than leading her on. So, don't give yourself too much of a hard time.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Peñíscola
You've done the right thing SF. Yeah, it's going to feel shit for a while, for both of you, but all you can do is let time pass.

Like lynx said, better to do it now, then keep going. That would only make things even more difficult in the future.

LittleDavey83

NRL Player
Bundy
I'm bagging out the Main Roads dept......

They put together a rolling barricade up the M1 from about Ormeau to Beenleigh earlier tonight. Mixture of trucks and utes spread across the entire 4 lanes....flashing lights and signs. We were doing 20k for most of it.....!! Warning Debris on the Road!!

Then.....they just took an exit and veered off . Traffic sped back up...........no sign of anything ever having happened on the road ahead.

WTF ??
I have done these in a past life!

So what happens is they get a call that there's a mattress/cupboard/whatever fallen off the back of someone's ute, which is obviously dangerous as **** at 110kph+. One of the crew on call will go and find it if they can - sometimes it's still there by the time they get there, sometimes it's either been obliterated or some good samaritan has already dragged it off the road. If it's not busy and they can sort it themselves safely in a gap in traffic (ie blown tyre debris in an outside lane etc), they do that.

Otherwise, they call out the rest of the on call crew to do a rolling blockade like you experienced, from a location WAY behind where the object of concern is. Also needing to block any onramps between the block and the object obviously. The crew doing the block will radio through the last vehicle/s to the person at the object so they know it's safe to get out on the highway once they pass, and sort out the issue. Once cleared, they radio confirmation back to the blockade who then get back into the left lane and let traffic flow again ASAP.

Obviously the cars in the blockade have no idea what's going on because they never get to see the debris, they just get held up for a while. Can't do much about it though - it's incredible how fast cars come up on you at 110kph so it's realistically the safest way to go about something like this. I get that it's frustrating, but it is what it is. I'd rather be stuck at 20kph for a few minutes than hit a fucking mattress or chest of drawers and get thrown into a concrete barrier.

On a related note, you'd be surprised at what falls off the back of people's utes/trucks. Secure your load, people!!

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
For the past 8 years I've been seeing a girl on and off. We agreed a couple of months ago we would give it one more final try.

Last night things ended because I told her I was having doubts about whether I still wanted to be with her. I told her I didn't feel like I was attracted to her anymore and I didn't feel like I was in love with her anymore.

She put on a brave face but I know that would have killed her. I know it would have broke her. I just feel like the biggest piece of shit alive.

Probably shouldn't post this, but I guess this post is just more about getting it off my chest.
I think telling her you weren't attracted to her was unnecessary......that will play on her ego and self worth. Even ugly women like to at least think their attractive. You've pretty much told her she's not.

The old "it's not you it's me" line is possibly a safer, more sensitive way to go about it.....

Here's some further ways to leave your lover.....about 50, to be exact;

- Merged

I have done these in a past life!

So what happens is they get a call that there's a mattress/cupboard/whatever fallen off the back of someone's ute, which is obviously dangerous as **** at 110kph+. One of the crew on call will go and find it if they can - sometimes it's still there by the time they get there, sometimes it's either been obliterated or some good samaritan has already dragged it off the road. If it's not busy and they can sort it themselves safely in a gap in traffic (ie blown tyre debris in an outside lane etc), they do that.

Otherwise, they call out the rest of the on call crew to do a rolling blockade like you experienced, from a location WAY behind where the object of concern is. Also needing to block any onramps between the block and the object obviously. The crew doing the block will radio through the last vehicle/s to the person at the object so they know it's safe to get out on the highway once they pass, and sort out the issue. Once cleared, they radio confirmation back to the blockade who then get back into the left lane and let traffic flow again ASAP.

Obviously the cars in the blockade have no idea what's going on because they never get to see the debris, they just get held up for a while. Can't do much about it though - it's incredible how fast cars come up on you at 110kph so it's realistically the safest way to go about something like this. I get that it's frustrating, but it is what it is. I'd rather be stuck at 20kph for a few minutes than hit a fucking mattress or chest of drawers and get thrown into a concrete barrier.

On a related note, you'd be surprised at what falls off the back of people's utes/trucks. Secure your load, people!!
I've calmed down since then......your answer makes complete sense.

Last edited:

Allo

NRL Captain
My local burger place.

I need at least two hands to count how many times they’ve fucked up my order in the last year or so.

They don’t read the order ever it seems. things like wanting plain salt instead of chicken salt, I get chicken salt.

I ask for something to be added or removed from a burger, it’s either not changed at all, or a combination, but only correct 2/5 times

I order a drink, I have to prompt them that it was part of the order after I’m given my food and they give me the ‘have a nice day’ farewell.

Call me picky or annoying, but just fucking read the order screen you twats

Jedhead

NRL Player

Time is a great healer. And you did the right thing letting her know your true thoughts and feelings. It could have worse you could have strung along further before fessing up. Hope you're not too hard on yourself.

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
So Uber Eats is supposed to leave your food at your door to lower the risk of contact. I ordered pho from a Vietnamese restaurant on Saturday and it was placed in front of the door, leaving me unable to open it without knocking it over and spilling it everywhere. Had to go out the back door to pick it up

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
So Uber Eats is supposed to leave your food at your door to lower the risk of contact. I ordered pho from a Vietnamese restaurant on Saturday and it was placed in front of the door, leaving me unable to open it without knocking it over and spilling it everywhere. Had to go out the back door to pick it up
Yeah they aren’t very bright. They do that to me all the time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teak1983

Members online

Twitter