The right to bag stuff out

FaithinHook

NRL Player
All true. Imagine being a single parent as I was ! It's all a faded memory for me now but I faced hurdles like that and that's why I say, this too shall pass. It's certainly tough but most bosses will understand. I'd alternate with the wife for two days each and call on family to make the effort on the other day. Spread the load and not upset a boss too much, maybe start an hour early if possible as well, if that's an option for either.
Happy new year to you all. By the way, respect level increased 10 fold for you Huge, raising a child/children as a single parent. Bloody difficult enough at times with 2 parents that's for sure so hats off to you doing it yourself.

Jedhead

NRL Player
I used to love ripping the foil from a bottle of red and then pulling the cork. The sound said "It's Friday!" Not the same just twisting a twist top. Am I being too precious?

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
Happy new year to you all. By the way, respect level increased 10 fold for you Huge, raising a child/children as a single parent. Bloody difficult enough at times with 2 parents that's for sure so hats off to you doing it yourself.
Thanks. Admittedly I believe I had it easier than most single parents who are overwhelmingly young women. That's because I had the advantage of never being afraid, no scared and restless nights. I was a big scary motherfucker (well that's what I looked like on the outside!) who slept with the windows open and back door unlocked, had a faithful and protective hound, a kid that was indestructible and virtually never sick who also never really broke a bone, great supportive neighbours and friends, a mum just a kilometre away who was a tremendous help, she's 90 tomorrow, a solid and reliable job, great faith in my resilience and a belief (probably well founded) that I was lucky enough to have a strong natural intelligence and therefore was able to overcome any of the usual obstacles without much stress.

In short, I had all the advantages except for lot's of money. As I said, I had it easy and I only had the one child. I believe if I had to do what many young women have to do with less, then I would have failed. My effort pales compared to many of them and even more when they have terribly afflicted or sick children.

FaithinHook

NRL Player
Thanks. Admittedly I believe I had it easier than most single parents who are overwhelmingly young women. That's because I had the advantage of never being afraid, no scared and restless nights. I was a big scary motherfucker (well that's what I looked like on the outside!) who slept with the windows open and back door unlocked, had a faithful and protective hound, a kid that was indestructible and virtually never sick who also never really broke a bone, great supportive neighbours and friends, a mum just a kilometre away who was a tremendous help, she's 90 tomorrow, a solid and reliable job, great faith in my resilience and a belief (probably well founded) that I was lucky enough to have a strong natural intelligence and therefore was able to overcome any of the usual obstacles without much stress.

In short, I had all the advantages except for lot's of money. As I said, I had it easy and I only had the one child. I believe if I had to do what many young women have to do with less, then I would have failed. My effort pales compared to many of them and even more when they have terribly afflicted or sick children.
Yeah the majority of single parents do a great job raising their kids, on many occasions as you mention, facing a whole lot of barriers making it all that much harder.

But yeah, good on you mate, it sounds like you did the very best you could as a dad and I'm sure a son/daughter who appreciates now all you did for them.

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
Yeah the majority of single parents do a great job raising their kids, on many occasions as you mention, facing a whole lot of barriers making it all that much harder.

But yeah, good on you mate, it sounds like you did the very best you could as a dad and I'm sure a son/daughter who appreciates now all you did for them.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, maybe ha ha. Seldom does a child appreciate their parents until they've been a parent for 10-20 years ! It doesn't really matter but we all like a little oil rubbed on, don't we?

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player

Happy Birthday to your mum!
Maybe you should let that confident, assertive nature you applied to your parenting show in your posts on here.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
I'm starting to get a bit over Australia not giving a shit about what the UN has to say in the past few years. Most recently, this bird from Saudia. Dutton the flog **** was taking too long (probably on purpose) to process a visa, which the UN had already done all the back work, to the point where they were "**** it, Canada can you sort this out". Within hours, on a plane to Canada.

**** Peter Dutton and his entire department the human hating fucking ****.

Jedhead

NRL Player
I'm starting to get a bit over Australia not giving a shit about what the UN has to say in the past few years. Most recently, this bird from Saudia. Dutton the flog **** was taking too long (probably on purpose) to process a visa, which the UN had already done all the back work, to the point where they were "**** it, Canada can you sort this out". Within hours, on a plane to Canada.

And what of supporting our own people? Should we be providing support for Julian Assange?

Last edited:

Jedhead

NRL Player
I'm not sure how it's related, but of course he should be supported.
I just see a relationship in so far as our government now seem to pick and choose who they will support in matters relating to overseas entities. They were loathe to give Hicks any support even though he was found later to be innocent. It seems our government are weakly taking their lead from our overseas masters.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
There is just no compassion in politics anymore, it's purely self interest at the highest level.

How many women die in Australia from domestic violence? Is there any political push at all to eradicate this problem? Zilch. One guy in Melbourne gets stabby, suddenly we need leaders of the Muslim community everywhere to meet up this week and get this sorted and every politician had an opinion. Why? Because there's more political value in discussing that than issues that actually affect almost everyone in this country.

Then you get people on social media sharing dumb shit with no critical analysis. Like every time someone says we send X overseas what about our homeless you just know they have no idea how global relations work.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff

If she was an Au Pair for a political donor she would have been given royal treatment.

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Drunk

But he’s closing detention centres lol

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
The ref in the Australia v Syria soccer match, he makes NRL refs look HIGHLY professional, this is an amazing level of incompetence. I mean it’s not corruption because he is equally bad for both sides, this is downright incompetent. It’s actually laughable.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
So my brother was not allowed at his own son's birthday because he questioned his now ex on why he wasn't allowed to have a say on matters concerning his son.

She dumped him for asking and told him he was not allowed to be at his birthday even though he had him for the day and is not allowed to be at the other party on the 19th but for some reason has to pay for it despite that ****'s mother getting a $120,000 payout.

And people wonder why some fathers end up taking their kids and running away.

I told him not to pay a single cent, don't play her game. She's trying to use fear of him losing his kid completely against him and hoping he caves in. I know for a fact that she's too afraid of going to court because of the fact that she's mentally unstable. Perhaps he should start playing her own game against her.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
Lawyer up, document everything and communicate via email so there’s a record
This. Plenty of free avenues for legal advice too. Don’t lower to her level because if it becomes a tit for tat, where it ends up with both sides stooping to stupidity, they’ll side with the mother every time.

Last edited:

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
So my brother was not allowed at his own son's birthday because he questioned his now ex on why he wasn't allowed to have a say on matters concerning his son.

She dumped him for asking and told him he was not allowed to be at his birthday even though he had him for the day and is not allowed to be at the other party on the 19th but for some reason has to pay for it despite that ****'s mother getting a $120,000 payout.

And people wonder why some fathers end up taking their kids and running away.

I told him not to pay a single cent, don't play her game. She's trying to use fear of him losing his kid completely against him and hoping he caves in. I know for a fact that she's too afraid of going to court because of the fact that she's mentally unstable. Perhaps he should start playing her own game against her.
Lawyer up, document everything and communicate via email so there’s a record
As someone who's been through this, to a far lesser extent admittedly, this is solid advice. ANY communication needs to be recorded at this point.

I had a fairly easy run of it but the moment the Ex muttered similar words to the bolded, I got my lawyer involved and nipped it in the bud before it got out of hand. This also isn't 20yrs ago....Family Court these days is a far different beast and they would much rather see shared/joint custody than sole. Your brother needs legal advice, someone removed from the entire situation that can look at it with no emotion.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
I'll add to that, if she's as bad as you claim, that's going to come out and provided your brother isn't as bad, is going to work in his favour.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter