The right to bag stuff out

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
The amount of information and differing opinions available today. I don't know wether to shit or shave nowadays. Coffee is good for you, no it's bad, drink one glass of red wine to stave off heart attack, no anymore than three glasses a week and you're borderline alcoholic. Colestorol levels are crucially important, no the levels don't matter it's what you eat on a regular basis that counts. Then just as I'm getting used to eating no animal fats they tell you that you should decrease sugar levels further and increase animal fats coz we used to eat lots of the latter as cavemen and none of the former. Lite doesn't necessarily mean less calories, in fact it can have more than the original coz it's stuffed full of sugar to compensate for the lack of taste. Natural also means whatever the manufacturer wants it to mean. Additive 349E was naturally made in the lab so we can call,it 'all natural' if we like.

I could go on, but you get the picture. Is there anyone else fed up with it too?
Completely agree.

It's why I laughed when a while back some tech-future article spruiked "the internet of truth" as a technological marvel that we'd be able to enjoy in the not too distant future.

The "truth" according to whom? Regardless of scientific advances and research that change what we currently know, there is so much right now that is accepted truth that is only that way because of marketing, advocate groups, and anyone looking to make a dollar via deceit. Which now, because of the fact you can't trust so much out there, you get lunatic groups like anti-vaxxers and flat-earthers that have taken the can't-trust-anyone rhetoric and fucking run way too far with it.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
The amount of information and differing opinions available today. I don't know wether to shit or shave nowadays. Coffee is good for you, no it's bad, drink one glass of red wine to stave off heart attack, no anymore than three glasses a week and you're borderline alcoholic. Colestorol levels are crucially important, no the levels don't matter it's what you eat on a regular basis that counts. Then just as I'm getting used to eating no animal fats they tell you that you should decrease sugar levels further and increase animal fats coz we used to eat lots of the latter as cavemen and none of the former. Lite doesn't necessarily mean less calories, in fact it can have more than the original coz it's stuffed full of sugar to compensate for the lack of taste. Natural also means whatever the manufacturer wants it to mean. Additive 349E was naturally made in the lab so we can call,it 'all natural' if we like.

I could go on, but you get the picture. Is there anyone else fed up with it too?
You're not wrong but does any of it really matter all that much? I believe instinctively, everyone knows what's good and what's bad for you. Ignore the noise, eat less processed junk, more fresh stuff and you're on the right track. If I had to live by one rule and one rule only, it's minimise or eliminate sugar in the diet but you know what they say, everything in moderation blah blah.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep

Absolutely. The story changes every single week, or you'll have one magazine running the exact opposite opinion to another magazine. Everything in moderation IMO

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
No amber alert. Not taken off the road. QPS might as well have killed them themselves.
Not enough sufficient evidence I believe was their excuse.

Bullshit. The bloke was known to police as a violent person, it should have been issued straight away.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Not enough sufficient evidence I believe was their excuse.

Bullshit. The bloke was known to police as a violent person, it should have been issued straight away.
I just can't accept that a drink driver was let go. I'm sure the guy is indeed feeling pretty bloody ordinary, but he should be feeling it knowing full well that he is absolutely and utterly fired.

Tom

State of Origin Rep
Isn't this about the time the police union make a statement saying the officer did nothing wrong?

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
He was issued a ticket, but not arrested and taken in. Also, the officer did a quick check and did not see a kid in the back.

Had an Amber Alert been issued, I'm guessing a red flag would have come up when the officer stopped him and ran his details?

Seems like an unfortunate series of sliding door moments as opposed to one person being grossly incompetent.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
He was issued a ticket, but not arrested and taken in. Also, the officer did a quick check and did not see a kid in the back.

Had an Amber Alert been issued, I'm guessing a red flag would have come up when the officer stopped him and ran his details?

Seems like an unfortunate series of sliding door moments as opposed to one person being grossly incompetent.
That should have ended when a driver was found to be drink driving.

Edit: I hope the journo is well wrong about the being over bit.

Last edited:

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
That should have ended when a driver was found to be drink driving.

Edit: I hope the journo is well wrong about the being over bit.
What's normal protocol? All I know is on the TV shows, if there's even a low-range reading they get dragged to the station for a proper check. Does that happen as standard IRL, or is it up to the Officer's discretion? If so, apparently this guy told the cop his sob story and may have passed the Attitude Test so was sent on his way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter