The right to bag stuff out

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
Was he already in the car at the time?
IIRC he was supposed to be returned to the mother on the Friday. The speeding & DD happened on the Sunday. Unless he had the kid stashed in the care of someone else, he would have been in that car. No one else has come forward saying they had the kid at the time, but obviously that would implicate them in assisting what is essentially a kidnapping. Dead dad can’t dob on them.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
27.4° S, 153.0° E

soup

State of Origin Rep
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/parenting/kids/pregnant-wife-of-nrl-football-star-defends-decision-to-not-vaccinate-kids/news-story/5ce432ff0d1430b8748b28a1c61ed1c3

Bryce Cartwright's missus is opting not to vaccinate any of her children, she is also opting not to use nappies and is teaching all of her toddlers to shit and piss outside on the grass.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Cheap on nappies. I kinda did the same when we lived on a farm. Not so much shit, but I wouldn’t have been upset if that was the case. Vaccination, though...

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
If I had any skill with video, I'd show one of the clips where a player runs right through the Titans' line to score, with Cartwright flatout refusing to touch the runner, with the label "vaccinations" over that runner.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
If I had any skill with video, I'd show one of the clips where a player runs right through the Titans' line to score, with Cartwright flatout refusing to touch the runner, with the label "vaccinations" over that runner.
That piss poor attempt at tackle on Munster I believe it was where he didn't even touch him.

I think I should do that.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
How does it stack up with the attempt on Tedesco? I can't remember which was worse.
That's quite difficult. They were both bloody awful.

But the one against Munster was worse. He was slowed down by Lee when he straightened up and Cartwright was rushing across. If he just made an attempt at tackle, he could have stopped him.

With the Tedesco one. They caught him napping. He was pretty much at a stand still and Tedesco received the ball at speed, I've seen him burn plenty of good defenders in that situation.

Here are the videos of the two incidents, by the way.

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
I recently found out (in the last 3 months) that I was never vaccinated. I'm mostly OK.
Fix it mate. Like with a seatbelt, it may be a slight inconvenience, but it may well save your life, especially with the antivax idiocy spreading, and you really don't want to get any of those diseases, especially as an adult!

soup

State of Origin Rep
Lost another old mate a couple of days ago to suicide.

Remember to recognise the warning signs. He had been reaching out to people over the last few months, not stating the obvious, but reaching out none-the-less.

Also found out about a horrific DV murder that happened to one of my old school mates: https://m.thechronicle.com.au/news/wife-has-murder-charge-dropped/1480314/

Just shows DV can happen both ways. He was the sweetest bloke that never caught a break in life.

I’ve created a Facebook support group (in memory of these poor blokes) for our high school’s old boys to lean on each other and assist where possible. We’re all at that tender age of 40 now where, statistically, were at the highest risk point. Hopefully it helps to save someone.

Last edited:

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
27.4° S, 153.0° E
It's always tough when it's someone you know. I had a mate from school get brutally murdered a few years ago as well.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/queensland/4-wa-men-charged-over-murder-of-queenslander-20140221-337z6.html

TWO WA men will each spend at least 23 years behind bars for the bashing murder of a fellow Goldfields worker whose dismembered body they stuffed in a bin over a drug debt.
Steven Roberts, 50, and Stephen Gandy, 40, were found guilty of murdering 24-year-old Beau Davies in Kalgoorlie in February last year.
Roberts and Gandy were sentenced to life with a minimum term of 23 years.
Jayden Kett, 26, and Christian Gomis, 31, were convicted of the lesser charge of manslaughter and each jailed for a maximum of eight years.
Mr Davies was attacked at his home in South Kalgoorlie before being dismembered in the bathroom of Roberts’ house in nearby Boulder and dumped in a wheelie bin.
Gandy, a gold mine supervisor, attacked Mr Davies with a sword and a knife.
Roberts, a drug dealer who suffers from bipolar disorder, beat the victim with an axe handle.
Kett, who turned himself in to police after the crime, bound Mr Davies in cable ties to render him defenceless during the assault, which Justice Michael Corboy described as “sustained and savage”.
Kett also ransacked Mr Davies’ house for drugs and cash, and claimed he had taken part because Gandy and Roberts had told him he was “next”.
Gomis, a mining and construction worker, destroyed evidence including the hard drive connected to Mr Davies’ CCTV system, and along with Kett used bleach and Draino to clean Roberts’ bathroom and car.
Mr Davies died with 79 injuries, three of them life-threatening, and Roberts used his experience in slaughtering kangaroos to dismember the victim.
Still can't wrap my head around it.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
That's quite difficult. They were both bloody awful.

But the one against Munster was worse. He was slowed down by Lee when he straightened up and Cartwright was rushing across. If he just made an attempt at tackle, he could have stopped him.

With the Tedesco one. They caught him napping. He was pretty much at a stand still and Tedesco received the ball at speed, I've seen him burn plenty of good defenders in that situation.

Here are the videos of the two incidents, by the way.

They were both pathetic, but the Munster one was worse.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter