The right to bag stuff out

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
What in the **** is going on with Nick Kyrgios? How old is he now? Just saw this one.

Hit with a $106,000 fine for that. Pocket change.

There was a time I thought he may be turning a corner and starting to mature a little but. But not surprised to see him back go his flog ways.

Tom

State of Origin Rep
I saw somewhere his career fines add up to $250k. Pocket change or not, that is a hell of a waste of time and money.
He should **** off back to Canberra and compare fines with Ricky. I swear to God one good hiding would set him straight to achieve his potential. His family must all be enablers.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
People that sit under the speed limit in the right lane on the highway when there are no cars in front of them. They are utter fuckwits.

Quite frankly I couldn't give a **** if people hog the right lane but at least go the fucking speed limit.

If you're not comfortable going the speed limit then get off the fucking road for the people that are.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
People that sit under the speed limit in the right lane on the highway when there are no cars in front of them. They are utter fuckwits.

Quite frankly I couldn't give a **** if people hog the right lane but at least go the fucking speed limit.

If you're not comfortable going the speed limit then get off the fucking road for the people that are.
Did you hit one?

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
The "Sack Greenturd" petition reminded me of this.

Bagging out Change.org and their deliberately misleading "counter" on how many people have signed. When you look at a page, you see the counter slowly and erratically going up, as if it's recording live signatures. But it's not. Look at how many signatures it gets to, and then re-load the page. You'll see that it starts at about 20 signatures less than before, and then slowly works its way up to where it was. It fucking shits me that no one has called them out for it, too.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
People who always eat lunch at their desk.

a) I don't want to hear your chewing sounds or your cutlery scraping to get every last morsel of food off your bowl/plate, like it's the last meal you'll ever eat.
b) Go outside and see the world for a little bit, don't just restrict yourself to staying in the dull as **** office all day.

****, I take every opportunity I can to get out of here.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Carl's Jr changed their chips.

Before they would have the skin on them which gave them that extra bit of flavour, I liked it. Now they don't and the chips aren't as good.

Also, they have declined in quality a bit since their opening. I can't see them being around for much longer to be honest. Every time I drive by it's always dead.

Renegade

NRL Captain
Carls Jnr is like shit tier of american fast food goodness.

5 guys
in and out
fatburger
wendys

all far superior.

Finbar

NYC Player
Does anybody else watch/listen to the Broncos podcast? Thaiday and Jharal just ramble on about absolutely nothing and it winds up being really boring. They don't seem to have any interest in football and just end up talking about food. I've only managed to make it all the way through one or two episodes.

No joke, I even wrote in telling them how shit it is but they didn't take any of my advice to heart.

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
Nope, Thaiday is enough to put me off. To a point you could excuse it being club related, on the otherhand channel 9 etc can't be excused for the shitty standard of commentating they have.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom

Allo

NRL Captain
I live in an apartment building that has about 7 units on the same floor within earshot. There’s really heavy sound/fire/anti burglary doors for each unit that swing close under their own weight unless being held or propped and every **** lets them slam close like this on both exit and entry to their respective apartments.

How (passive) aggressive can I be in letting everyone know how much it pisses me off? It’s noisy and unnecessary.

I don’t talk to any of them as it is so I don’t care about any social consequences.

Last edited:

soup

State of Origin Rep
I live in an apartment building that has about 7 units on the same floor within earshot. There’s really heavy sound/fire/anti burglary doors for each unit that swing close under their own weight unless being held or propped and every **** lets them slam close like this on both exit and entry to their respective apartments.

How (passive) aggressive can I be in letting everyone know how much it pisses me off? It’s noisy and unnecessary.

I don’t talk to any of them as it is so I don’t care about any social consequences.
What about something like these to help minimise it at least.

Bunnings probably have a few options worth trying.

Otherwise, contact the body corporate in writing. There is better hardware (dampers) that will slow the final 10 degrees and be much quieter.

Last edited:

Tom

State of Origin Rep

Keep slamming the **** out of your door at inappropriate hours until people come out and start complaining. Would be a real ice-breaker to start the conversation you wish to have.

Strop

QCup Player
Being fire doors you won’t be able to add any sort of rubber stopper like above as it may create a small air gap. Sounds like the door closers aren’t strong enough to deal with the weight of the doors or are just not adjusted correctly. Even though the closer is technically inside your apartment it would be a body corporate cost to fix as it is a requirement to have fire doors self closing. Try the BC first and gauge their level of interest in rectifying it. Helpful to get other tenants/owners to express similar concerns.
- Merged

Just re-read your post and it seems there aren’t auto closers on them? Request they be installed as they will slow the door as it closes.

Last edited:

Allo

NRL Captain
They have a mechanism at the top of the doors but I don’t think they have any settings so to speak. Also they’re button-press-and-lock only, no key lock or deadbolt, so they lend themselves to people pressing the button and letting it slam shut.

I’ll add it into an email about other issues I have about the place. Am tempted to put a sign up in the meantime requesting ‘nicely’ for people to be a bit more considerate

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter