The Roar: Broncos Best Team Ever

All of how you may feel about the guy aside as a person, Peak Hayne is better than all of those guys.
I agree, but it's the same as with Wally Lewis at the Broncos, he just wasn't anywhere as good as at his peak and why Kevin Walters beats him.

I'd rate preston Campbell as one bloke who would sit comfortably in any side. Some like James Roberts however show just how limited their squads have been. Hes a good footballer but with some questionable consistency, on and off the field.

Thats about as good as it gets......👍
Didn't want to include Thaiday, as I think he is one of the most over-rated players of the last 20 years, but he had some great years in his early years running wide. Almost included Gillett over him, who was much better for much longer. Looking back, I'd take Gillett now and move Thaiday to 18th man/media manager.

Didn't want to include Thaiday, as I think he is one of the most over-rated players of the last 20 years, but he had some great years in his early years running wide. Almost included Gillett over him, who was much better for much longer. Looking back, I'd take Gillett now and move Thaiday to 18th man/media manager.
I'd almost forgotten about Gillette........still, Thaiday was better with the ball in his hand. I'd leave it as is....or throw them both out and think of someone else.

Gene Miles........

I'd love to leave Kevvie out and swap him with Wally....but, TBH
Walters fits that side better.

And Walters did so much more for Brisbane than Lewis. 5 premierships > 0. If Walters isn't at 6, it would be Lockyer with KHunt at 1.

Last edited:
The Titans team for those who were curious.

Wow, that mob would struggle to beat the 2020 Broncos.
With Prince and Sezer who have legit halves also Myles Bird Harrison Big Mo good enough forwards . They have only been in NRL for 13 years give them a break .

With Prince and Sezer who have legit halves also Myles Bird Harrison Big Mo good enough forwards . They have only been in NRL for 13 years give them a break .
The Storm have only been in the competition for 22 years, so about 70% longer.

I’d be willing to bet their team is well in excess of 70% better than the Titans, and in every single position.

The Storm have only been in the competition for 22 years, so about 70% longer.

I’d be willing to bet their team is well in excess of 70% better than the Titans, and in every single position.
It helps when you have the GOAT Coach developing and attracting great young players .

It helps when you have the GOAT Coach developing and attracting great young players .
Not sure that is particularly relevant? As a club, the Titans are where they are. Sure, sliding doors and what-ifs could change the landscape for many teams, but that’s simply not the reality.

The reality is that the Titans, after 13 years, can only manage to field a modestly weak ‘best of’. That’s really all there is to it.

But for comparison sake, after 13 years, the Broncos and Storm teams would undoubtedly annihilate them.

I'd say as of right now if fiffita plays to his potential that has shown, he would be better than just about every player on that list.
If I was a titans fan, I would be excited for what they are building there. I'd also say that considering what he was working with, john cartright's tenure doesn't look so bad.
Since he signed here, I'm kind of excited to what this team of ours with a bit of direction might do.
Perhaps not the eight, but I might actually look forward to watching 80 minutes without that familiar sinking feeling of late. And with a couple of good signings, who knows?
I going to love to see a young talent like dearden with Walters in his ear.

I'd say as of right now if fiffita plays to his potential that has shown, he would be better than just about every player on that list.
If I was a titans fan, I would be excited for what they are building there. I'd also say that considering what he was working with, john cartright's tenure doesn't look so bad.
Since he signed here, I'm kind of excited to what this team of ours with a bit of direction might do.
Perhaps not the eight, but I might actually look forward to watching 80 minutes without that familiar sinking feeling of late. And with a couple of good signings, who knows?
I going to love to see a young talent like dearden with Walters in his ear.

Am I the only one thinking a return to the top eight is to be expected?

This year was FUBAR. The perfect storm of shit, I can't see it happening again.

You think the Broncos all time team can beat this mob?

1. Lockyer
2. Sailor
3. Renouf
4. Hodges
5. Tuqiri
6. Walters
7. Langer
8. Lazerus
9. Walters
10. Webcke
11. Tallis
12. Thorn
13. Carroll

14. Berrigan
15. Parker
16. Civoniceva
17. Thaiday
Great side, but I would have Lewis at lock instead of Carroll and Miles on the bench instead of Thaiday.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Lozza
  • Broncorob
  • thenry
  • john1420
  • Culhwch
  • Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Aldo
  • theshed
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.